Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » "This one's for all the kids at legionworld!" (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: "This one's for all the kids at legionworld!"
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Carol Strickland's portrait of Lana Lang Insect Queen is absolutely stunning!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yes, yes, yes, this stuff has long-deserved to be reprinted and collected.

I am a happy camper!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh, Teeds will get a kick out of "Those Awful New Uniforms", a review of the fan-designed costumes from ADVENTURE 403!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*choke!* Dave Cockrum hated Matter-Eater Lad? Well, at least he liked his costume!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Holy Cow! I had no idea about this, now I have to buy it!

Congrats Dean [Smile] ! And you plugged us too! [Big Grin]

And the LMBP Outpost mentioned too? Hella-kewl!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Gollikers! Had we known they were going to include new material Eryk and I could have submitted a MEL:TS script! One that heavily features Lester Spiffany!

--------------------

235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
CONGRATS deaN!
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was THRILLED to see Dean's art included! How cool is this?

There're bunches of articles I haven't read yet, but I noticed Keith Giffen's interview... particularly his comments on Element Lad. Sheesh! I don't agree with his take on Jan at *all*. What's more, I don't really see it represented in his use of E-Lad... except maybe in the pretense of the 'guardian of Trom' that Jan used to keep folks away from his abandoned planet.

I'm looking forward to reading the article containing Legionnaire's astrological profiles, in addition to many others.

Good work, original Legion Outposters and the producers of this volume.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And the timing of its release could NOT have been better, coming out during the month-plus stretch when we have no new Legion book to get.

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
WWWWHHHEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I have been waiting FOREVER for this thing to be made public!!!! Glen contacted me a LONG time ago, asking if I'd like to have that sketch of Lester printed. I think my answer was something like HELL YEAH I WOULD!!!! I asked him in what context will the sketch be used. I asked him if I could post this news to my online buddies. He gave a clever response, something like, "Don't you want it to be a surprise?" Well...yeah.

Here's something "fun"...I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE BOOK! I think I requested it at my comic shop, but I don't remember... (DUH, huh?) I'm goin' Monday!!!

Thank you for all the nice comments here! I can't wait to see the book and be able to comment on everything with everyone. I was and am thrilled to be included!!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I neglected, after all the gyrating about whether it was a joke, to congratulate you, Dean. It was a wizard notion (even better than a Wizard notion) to have this text-heavy book include Scott Johnson's "staff artist" additions and Dean's coda.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
The web address for Cru's LMBP Outpost site is included in the book as well!

Hmmm... I guess I should start thinking about further updates [Wink]

Congrats on your inclusion, Dean!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Cru and Grey! I have lots more to say about the book. I picked it up today. I've only barely begun reading the articles, but I got a major kick out of the artwork throughout! Made me remember how much I miss Scott Johnson. I gotta email that man!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't even find the damn book out here! It seems as though I'm the only Legion addict in this lousy desert we call California.

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Scott Johnson ROCKS! I've loved his art ever since he started posting them on the LegionPics group back in the day, and he always seemed like such a nice guy. Glen's use of his work in the book was inspired. The drawings fit right in, as if they had been drawn specifically for the book rather than collected from a couple years worth of work.

Does anyone know if Scott has an online gallery of his Legion work anymore? Dave King used to have one on his site (as well as a gallery of his own stuff, which was also great!) but I can't seem to find that one anymore.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.