Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION on Cartoon Network in 2005! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LEGION on Cartoon Network in 2005!
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
No, not the Legion of Super- Heroes but the Legion of Super- PETS!

No, not ALL the super pets but KRYPTO the Super Dog!

Click here for details! Scroll down.

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
TEASE!

It's scary that they'll give Krypto a series but not the Legion.

[ June 09, 2004, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
It's much cheaper to animate a white dog in a red cape than it is to animate 26+ brightly attired, super-powered teens!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are some pics -

Krypto Makes His First Appearance!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh man, if I were Krypto I'd be looking for a way to back out of this deal. He looks a cross between Yogi Bear and Scooby Doo.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krypto the Superdog
Superman's best friend

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krypto the Superdog           Edit/Delete Post     
Woof arf whine. [cowers]
From: Metropolis | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Here are some pics -

Krypto Makes His First Appearance!

EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

lil'rhino

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Why does he look so...goofy? is the main villain gonna be a Lex's bald kyrptonite green Chihuahua?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
It's scary that they'll give Krypto a series but not the Legion.

AGREED

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parasitic Twin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parasitic Twin           Edit/Delete Post     
I am very worried that they will have Krypto talking, and even worse, saying things like,
"Rex Ruthor?? Ruh, Roh!!"

From: sprouting from 3rd rib | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
No, no, no, no, no.....!!! Say this isn't so...

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't care for Krypto's Scooby-Yogi look either.

I think it would have been better to have him resemble an actual dog.

Talking, which he's sure to do... not crazy about that idea either.

But the kids might love it and that would be a good thing.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
At Bristol the DC media types were making the point that this series was aimed right at the little kids. They figured that it might be a good way to bring them into the DC universe and move on to the comics and other cartoons.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he looks great!

Really, like a cartoon about Krypto, the Super Dog is going to be a cutting edge study of superheroic enjoyed by kids and adults alike.

As a fan of both dogs and stupid childrens cartoons I'm looking forward to this.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
No offense to Krypto fans, but I'm dumbfounded by this move. I can only see it, as mentioned above, as an attempt to entertain and attract younger viewers to the Superman/Superboy mythos.

I guess I'm mostly in shock from the choice. DC has a wide range of characters to play with and Krypto comes straight out of right field to me.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.