Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Dragging SUPERBOY through the gutter!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dragging SUPERBOY through the gutter!
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Check it out...

http://www.prismcomics.org/display.php?id=92

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeebus, how I love the Silver Age!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"the re-cocked kryptonian"... BWAhahaha!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Faboo!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got that whole story somewhere in my graphics files. I don't remember where it came from though or I'd go ahead and link it up. If you guys want to see the whole thing I could load it up at imageshack and post thumbnails in this thread if you like.
Just let me know.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Interestingly, in the very issue of CBG that I started a thread about, Mr. Silver Age awards this comic one of his famed "Mopee Awards"! Did you see that article Prof?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't read CBG in years.

I think the funniest review they've done at Prism Comics so far was the 2-part Giant-Man vs. The Top story-- probably because I'd just re-read it a few months ago, so it was still fresh in my mind.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
It's surprising (again) to see how much gender mores have changed even within my lifetime -- I'm about as old as the Legion stories -- so that this kind of tale was once told with a perfectly straight face. No "camp" back then, campers.

Something in me rebels a bit at laughing too hard about the contrast between that era and the present. Perhaps it's from my having grown up in the tail end of such mores being common.

It was a more innocent, if indeed less honest, age in dealing with these matters ... but I wonder if some these days would prefer to escape to an age of having a few such certainties on matters of sexuality. Having it all hang out in our culture, in every medium and without any escape, can get tiring after a while.

[ November 24, 2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I betcha anything Shar-La is Thora's cousin.

--------------------

Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
. . . Having it all hang out in our culture, in every medium and without any escape, can get tiring after a while.

Yes, sigh.

candlelight/Shady

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I betcha anything Shar-La is Thora's cousin.

[Smile]

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I bet he loved every minuet of it.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.