Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of SuperHeroes(Tangent Comics)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion of SuperHeroes(Tangent Comics)
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you ever wonder if any of the names of Legion characters were ever used in DC's Tanget line?

Let's see-Fatal Five is the criminal group and foe of the third Atom!

Now if there was a title called Legion of SuperHeroes,would probably be set in the Golden Age of the Tangent world.

Here's MY roster of the Tangent Legion:

Captain Nathaniel Adam(military liason)
Crimson Avenger
Phantom Girl
Huntress
Midnight
Wildfire
Dawnstar

Any other LSH preferences in the Tangent Comics?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The Tangent reimagining was delightful. Especially with its slightly satiric edge, the "Secret Six," and a teenaged girl, made out of light, being the "Flash."

I'd say those all are good choices for names. They'd all have quite different qualities, o'course, even some changing gender as well (as with the Flash).

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What's Tangent? I don't think I've heard of it before.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Tangent was a limited Elseworlds-type collection of issues DC put out a few years back. The idea was that some popular DC characters were "re-imagined" with different powers and different identities in different settings. Green Lantern, Joker, and the aforementioned Flash were some of those characters.

I don't believe the Tangent line was very successful from a sales point-of-view, but you should be able to find issues in your comic store back issue racks.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not on my budget. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
they can be found in 25 cents bin....hmmm maybe you can afford?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I reccomend the Green Lantern one. A 'House of Secrets' type setting with 3 great stories in there. Can't for the life of me remember much of the details, just that I enjoyed it.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.