Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Why so much negativity at the legion dcmb? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why so much negativity at the legion dcmb?
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously, I mean every other thread seems to be about how Waid is slowly killing the Legion or something.

I can understand people having their own opinions and stuff, but c’mon, with higher sales and more critical acclaim than the Legion has had in many years, is now really the time for the marathon bitch-sessions they’ve been staging over there?

And I just don’t understand how people who are supposedly legion fans can have no sense of humor! It just boggles my mind that there are some people who can’t have fun with threads about Hate Face or the snake rulers of Orando.

Why don’t they just lighten up a little?

I think its time to bomb them with threads about medallion-making machines or the Super-Companions or something.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well to be fair and balanced, it's not just the Legion Boards that are like that over there.

If I was just getting in to comics and had to use that place as a resource to find out stuff, I'd seriously wonder about the kind of people this hobby attracts. Seriously, every negative sterotype about comic fans is represented on that board.

DC should wake up and bring back some sort of editorially filtered Q&A system for each title. That place is no substitute for the old letters pages.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
A thread like this from the folks who fled the "new and unimproved" DCMBs to form Legion World in the first place. Let's face it: there are a lot of bitter fans out there.

Yes, I am often a pot. AND a kettle.

Funny, though, that I visit LW much more often than I do the DC L* board.

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
I went back to the DC boards recently for the first time in months. They've redone them-- AGAIN-- and now, they seem to be working again. (Last time I looked in, I couldn't even post!) But-- the level of brain-dead "fans" continues. Most of the intelligent discussion was chased out of there a couple of years ago.

I found DOZENS and DOZENS of near-identical "bitch" threads at every book whose section I looked into. And there seem to be an awful lot of people who enjoy fighting and name-calling. Plus, there seem to be an awful lot of seriously deluded people who have no idea of some of the "facts" they discuss, they've convinced themselves of what "facts" are true or not. Geez.

And of course, NOBODY in the Batman section seems to have the slightest clue that Steve Englehart's DARK DETECTIVE takes place on EARTH-1 !!! (That possibility apparently never occured to anyone-- as if it was something that simply could never, ever happen.)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
I think its time to bomb them with threads about medallion-making machines or the Super-Companions or something.

Anytime you want to, KC.

I think the pinnacle of how absurd it's gotten is a poster claiming that the release of the upcoming LSH TPB was part of a desperate attempt to regain lost readers. So, apparently, all that time in which DC refused to release Legion TPBs was a sign of healthy sales?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
While I am somewhat negative myself I agree those boards are way too negative for me.

Btw, KC while I know some of the silly fun stuff is part of the Legion I am not a fan of it myself. I notice many on the DCMB or Levitz fans. You have to remember we grew up not with an obscure teen team but a cool "JLA who?" team. In the Who's Who I recall reading some of the sillier stuff and attributed that it was a different era.

With that said I even enjoy the threads of the sillier moments in Legion history. As long as history doesn't repeat itself in the comic. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
While I am somewhat negative myself I agree those boards are way too negative for me.

Btw, KC while I know some of the silly fun stuff is part of the Legion I am not a fan of it myself. I notice many on the DCMB are Levitz fans (or Grell or Cockrum). You have to remember we grew up not with an obscure teen team but a cool "JLA who?" team. In the Who's Who I recall reading some of the sillier stuff and attributed that it was a different era.

With that said I even enjoy the threads of the sillier moments in Legion history. As long as history doesn't repeat itself in the comic. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Btw, KC while I know some of the silly fun stuff is part of the Legion I am not a fan of it myself. I notice many on the DCMB or Levitz fans. You have to remember we grew up not with an obscure teen team but a cool "JLA who?" team. In the Who's Who I recall reading some of the sillier stuff and attributed that it was a different era.

Point taken Jorg-EM, I myself didn't start reading the legion until a few years ago (during LEGION LOST). Through archives and back isuues I fell in love with the ADVENTURE and TMK eras, respectively. I didn't mean my post as a dig against those who didn't care for the sillier stories. (though that still baffles me [Smile] )

quote:

But the current legion could only benefit from more silver-age silliness!
[Wink]

[ August 29, 2005, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: KidChaos ]

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Levitz era was full of its own share of silly stuff...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
Seriously, I mean every other thread seems to be about how Waid is slowly killing the Legion or something.

I can understand people having their own opinions and stuff, but c’mon, with higher sales and more critical acclaim than the Legion has had in many years, is now really the time for the marathon bitch-sessions they’ve been staging over there?

And I just don’t understand how people who are supposedly legion fans can have no sense of humor! It just boggles my mind that there are some people who can’t have fun with threads about Hate Face or the snake rulers of Orando.

Why don’t they just lighten up a little?

And in what way is bitching about bitching good?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like the two entities (DCMB and LW) often serve divergent constituencies - which may be just as well since some folks here probably don't prefer breadth of their conversation topics and vice versa.

Now about those hairsyles...

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
And in what way is bitching about bitching good?

Bitching or observing and commenting about it and looking towards starting a conversation?

I gotta agree with KC, I don't even read through the posts at the DCMB anymore.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
For the most part, the DC Legion mb has dried up into a humorless wasteland, which really is sad.

But not so sad that I would want any of the fun people here to migrate back over there!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The Levitz era was full of its own share of silly stuff...

Comet Queen, for starters...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Life... is full of its own share of silly stuff. No need to be super-angsty melodramatic all the time, the real world features a bunch of absurd, surreal stuff as well.
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.