Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Official Legion AR Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Official Legion AR Thread
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We always talk about them. John Censullo compiled a checklist of them in his Legion Outpost II electronic mags (in Special #1). Most of them consist of just a cover appearance, single panel or even just a t-shirt reference on a number of occasions.

I thought I would start a thread where we can share some of those one-shot panel appearances. To start, here is one from Hell and Back: A Sin City Love Story. Just a one panel appearance (page 8 of issue #7) by two Legionnaires:

-

[ September 03, 2007, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know about you but this redhead sure looks like he is wearing a Legion flight jacket. From Sensation Spider-Man #18, page 15:

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Could the Kree be using Interlac? Looks that way in Iron Man #278, pages 13 and 14.

-

-

[ May 21, 2005, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Definitely inspired by the Legion. Static #14, pages 4 and 10, featuring the League of Superteens.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ack! never mind. Posted in the wrong thread. [Confused]

[ May 22, 2005, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Could the Kree be using Interlac? Looks that way in Iron Man #278, pages 13 and 14.

Don't you just hate it when people type with the caps lock on? :wink:
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll pass on looking for that Spidey, but that STATIC's a must-find, and I'm pretty sure I have that IRON MAN... I think that was part of the Kree/Shiar War event in the Avengers-related books. I bought the whole thing for the Imperial Guard appearances... [Embarrassed] I was so gullible then. [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I'll pass on looking for that Spidey, but that STATIC's a must-find, and I'm pretty sure I have that IRON MAN... I think that was part of the Kree/Shiar War event in the Avengers-related books. I bought the whole thing for the Imperial Guard appearances... [Embarrassed] I was so gullible then. [Wink]

I'm sure I already have the Spidey but I know I don't have the Static as I never picked up that book. And the Iron Man was during the Galatic Storm that ran through the Avengers books. It was part six IIRC.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
That Mission Monitor Board is a hoot! Love some of the members names [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if this belongs on this thread as it dosen't really count as an appearance, but I thought it was woth mentioning somewhere...

As I was checking in books at the library I volunteer at, I came across a book called "The DC Comics Guide to Writting Comics".

As I always do when I find a new comics-related book, I checked the index for "Legion of Super-Heroes" and found a section of the book talking about the "Levitz Grid" in the chapter describing how to juggle various subplots. The book used Levitz's run on the Baxter series as an example as to how to handle a multitude of characters and storylines.

Even better, the book also pictured one of Levitz's handwritten "character grids" he used while writting the Legion. The grid was the one he used for issues 22-27 of the Baxter series, and was apparently a way he kept track of character development over the course of multiple issues.

The grid doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know, but I still thought it was interesting.

I liked how under the "Vi and Ayla" section of the grid Levitz wrote about how the two women discuss how their lives had changed. And I liked that Levitz called Dream Girl "Dreamy" in her section. [Smile]

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Really? Cool, KC!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to buy the book.

[ September 21, 2005, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a firm believer of the Levitz Grid. I must find this somewhere. Geoff Johns is the only other guy I know can handle all those characters and do a good job.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Re-reading The Dark Knight Strikes Again, I caught a number of not-real-legionnaires, but their costumes on other characters:

-

-

Also, there were Ultra Boy and Sun Boy clad figures.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Hmm, the Kree derivation seems to be an upside-down version of Interlac. (at least in the first panel) I got tired of hanging from the ceiling, but I picked out the words "you should" and I think "swell" and "proud of you" ... can't make out the rest...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure if this qualifies as an AR appearance but Durlans are mentioned in this week's issue of Checkmate (#4).
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.