Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » How much wt. can Superboy and Superman lift and how fast can they run/fly?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much wt. can Superboy and Superman lift and how fast can they run/fly?
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
So how much weight in pounds do you think Superboy can lift and how much do you think he could lift as Superman? Also how fast do you think he could move in both running and flying?

I'm trying to finalize the specific amounts of weight one can lift at the various categories within my game. Each category has a number corresponding to it to determine various information throuhout the game, such as:

What one can lift; How fast someone can move; How much it cost to increase a category within a given area of the game (such as the category of a power or attribute). It is also used to help determine experience points within the game.

Each thing a character can do (like lifting weight or movement) needs to be a factor of the category number. For example, say strength was measure in pounds x the category number for Super might be 150,000 lbs (15 x 10,000) or perhaps for a more normal strength, Average might be 250 pounds (5 x 50). Hopfully you get the idea of what I'm trying to do. Needless to say, I'm looking for a math expert who can help me figure out the chart for the Strength and Speed charts.

I'm planning on giving racial limits to the various sentient species within the game and for the typical non-super strength humanoid I was ranging from perhaps Weak/3 to Heroic/10. Thus

I'd like to keep this within a possible lifting/moving range that a comic book character could achieve without super powers, say perhaps up to 1,000 lbs. in weight? Run 100 yards in about 10 seconds?

After that, the categories are intended to go into high gear and be more for super powers, such as lifting 10,000, 100,000, even 1 million pounds, or eventually running like the Flash.

Thoughts?

The categories are as follows:

Sub Feeble/0
Feeble/1
Weak/2
Poor/3
Typical/4
Average/5
Good/6
Excellent/7
Remarkable/8
Astonishing/9
Heroic/10
Powerful/11
Epic/12
Unearthly/13
Ultra/14
Super/15
Galactic/16
Universal/17
Godlike 18
Infinite/19

P.S.

Why is this site acting goofy? The pictures shake back and forth when I log on and I have an impossible time trying to control the curser when I'm writing my post.

[ June 30, 2009, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Phantom Girl ]

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Got my strength issue fixed on another site. Anybody got a mathmatical idea for Speed?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.