Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related April 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion-related April 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

SUPERMAN: LAST STAND OF NEW KRYPTON #2-3
Issue #2 on sale APRIL 7 • Issue #3 on sale APRIL 28 • 2 and 3 of 3 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
Written by JAMES ROBINSON & STERLING GATES • Art by PETE WOODS • Issue 2 cover by GEORGE P...REZ • Issue 3 cover by RYAN SOOK
1:25 variant covers by MARCOS MARZ •
LAST STAND OF NEW KRYPTON ships twice in April as the biggest Superman story in years rockets towards its mind-blowing conclusion!
In issue #2, things look bleak for the Kryptonians as Brainiac reveals his trump card for destroying the planet, leaving Zod grasping at straws as to how to defend his people. But Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes have made it aboard Brainiac’s ship, determined to stop the tyrant at any cost!
In #3, the epic conclusion, Superman and Zod must work together if they’re to have a chance of stopping Brainiac! But a victory for New Krypton means a devastating loss for the Legion!
Over a year’s worth of stories builds to the final page of this series, and you don’t want to miss it!
Over a year’s worth of New Krypton stories has been building up to the final page of this series, and once you see it, you’ll know there’s only one outcome: the WAR OF THE SUPERMEN!
Retailers please note: These issues will ship with two covers each. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Click for fullsize image

ADVENTURE COMICS #10
On sale APRIL 14 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
Written by JAMES ROBINSON & STERLING GATES
Co-Feature written by ERIC TRAUTMANN
Art by JULIˇN L”PEZ & CLAYTON HENRY
Co-feature art by PIER GALLO
Cover by Joe Quinones
1:10 variant cover by Bernard Chang
Continued from LAST STAND OF NEW KRYPTON #2! It’s Superman, Supergirl and Brainiac 5 against Brainiac as Superboy and Mon-El fight Zod, Ursa and Non!
And in the co-feature, the Human Defense Corps manages to sneak aboard Brainiac’s ship amid all the chaos – but what exactly are they up to? Continued in SUPERGIRL #52!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Click for fullsize image

SUPERMAN #699
On sale APRIL 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art by BERNARD CHANG
Cover by AARON LOPRESTI
Superman has defeated Brainiac before, but it cost him the life of his father. Now Brainiac has returned, more powerful than ever, and the entire planet of New Krypton is at stake! Things look bleak for the Man of Steel and his people, but for all Brainiac’s knowledge, he still has one lesson to learn: Superman. Never. Gives. Up.

Click for fullsize image

SUPERGIRL #52
OOn sale APRIL 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by STERLING GATES
Art by JAMAL IGLE & JON SIBAL
Cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
Continued from ADVENTURE COMICS #10! Supergirl meets Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Super-Heroes for the first time! But Brainy has not only already met Supergirl, he’s already loved and lost her. Confused? Not as confused as Supergirl! Plus, Brainiac unleashes a weapon that spells the end for New Krypton and only Superman and the Legionnaires can stop it!

Click for fullsize image

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #71
On sale APRIL 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by JOE CASEY • Art and cover by ARDIAN SYAF & VICENTE CIFUENTES
It’s the final showdown! When N-RGX targets Superman and his Fortress of Solitude, Batman is left alone in space to go head-to-head with the most vicious of alien terrorists!

Click for fullsize image

REBELS #15
On sale APRIL 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by TONY BEDARD • Art by CLAUDE ST. AUBIN
& SCOTT HANNA • Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
Straight from the pages of TITANS, Starfire joins our merry band just in time for super-genius Vril Dox to pick up the pieces from last issue’s climactic battle with Starro the Conqueror. First on his agenda: rebuild his interplanetary police squad, L.E.G.I.O.N.

Click for fullsize image

COVER RUN THE DC COMICS ART OF ADAM HUGHES HC
Advance-solicited • On sale JUNE 23 • 208 pg, FC 6.75” X 10.25”, $39.99 US
Written by ADAM HUGHES
Art and cover by ADAM HUGHES
Collecting the best of Eisner Award winner Adam Hughes’s spectacular, sexy covers for WONDER WOMAN, CATWOMAN and other DC series. This amazing collection features the best of Hughes’ work for DC Comics, along with commentary from the artist, rarely seen preliminary material and much more!

Click for fullsize image

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES ENEMY MANIFEST TP
Advance-solicited •On sale MAY 19 • 144 pg, FC, $14.99 US
Written by JIM SHOOTER
Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL & LIVESAY
While war looms and a traitor plots against the Legion from within, a massive, hostile planet appears near Jupiter, and its gravity is ripping apart the solar system! Collects LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #45-50.

[ January 19, 2010, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
So it's implied that Querl still remembers the old Kara. CALLED IT. THERE. IS EVERYONE HAPPY?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
So it's implied that Querl still remembers the old Kara. CALLED IT. THERE. IS EVERYONE HAPPY?

Or the current Kara is going to join the LSH in her future but in Brainy's past? It's time travel and she's still pretty young, I don't see why it couldn't happen...I think Kara meeting Brainy from after he's already known her all her life is kind of an interesting road to go down actually.. [Smile]

On another note, those covers are terrible!!

The Superman/Batman and the Superman ones are the best, but they are ALL pretty uninspired IMO... [Razz]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
What a... variety of art styles. It makes me lament for the days of house styles.

So, they are going to deal with the crazy continuity they've created. Can't say I really care.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
There is something seriously wrong with Superboy in the Adventure cover. I mean really wrong.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
so... when the Legion flashbacks to an old adventure, we'll see Supergirl in her current midriff baring outfit alongside Saturn Girl and the rest in their old silver age numbers? hmm.
that would be hilarious!

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
So what is the "devastating loss" for the Legion? I still think part of DC's overriding strategy for trying to reintegrate the Legion into its 20th century books is to provide a steady stream of bodies, since DC has already killed most of the Teen Titans.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

All Durlans seem to master tentacles/octopi at an early age!
(Fill in the blank in the last panel with any Durlan's name that you like.)
 -

And a baby Durlan, who hasn't mastered the color, mouth or eyes, yet (but the tentacles are pretty good, if short).
 -
by da-portrait

[ January 16, 2010, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
It always confuses me how Durlans and the Time Trapper all seem to use the same tailor(s).

At least Supes and Batman are fighting and not just lying around looking supinely hhhhhhhhot amongst the tentacles, which is exactly what we'd get if it were Supergirl and Batgirl. [Roll Eyes]

As covers go, I've seen wayyyy worse than this batch.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Triplicate Kid:
What a... variety of art styles. It makes me lament for the days of house styles.

Not me. The more there is to help distinguish one book from another, the better.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by reckless:
So what is the "devastating loss" for the Legion? I still think part of DC's overriding strategy for trying to reintegrate the Legion into its 20th century books is to provide a steady stream of bodies, since DC has already killed most of the Teen Titans.

Brainiac has the remains of Braal, Winath, Tharr etc so if a bottle goes so does its population and its eventual Legionnaire. Does this tie into Paul Levitz's death of a homeworld? ie it died 1000 years earlier.

If they kill anyone it will probably be Tenzil - who PL seems to hate - or Tellus. Nightcrawler predicted Tellus would end up Sushi when he first appeared in the Jimmy Olsen Special. I hope he's wrong.

Or as a late thought, how about the supposedly incurable schizophrenic?

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Starfire joins R.E.B.E.L.S.?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
She's on the Justice League cover with Lar, isn't she?
So, probably not .REBELS.

However, one of her people IS being seen in that book as he's one of the Omega Men.
[Starfire]

(Edit: I just saw the new cover added by NC for .REBELS!
I love how spectacularly wrong I can be!
[Smile]
And is that ever an eye catcher of a portrait/cover!

[ January 18, 2010, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
And there's Jan, still fighting that fight he never fought.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
And there's Jan, still fighting that fight he never fought.

Don't remind me. One day, I really want to hear Shooter explain how he intended to finish his threeboot run.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.