Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Buy these books-OR THE LEGION DIES---AGAIN! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Buy these books-OR THE LEGION DIES---AGAIN!
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I look at it this way. I'm not just a Legion fan; reading (and writing about) Legion comics is my hobby. As such, it's no less important to me to get the bad Legion comics than it is to get the good ones. So I'll still be there even if Levitz doesn't have the mojo anymore. I don't recommend this attitude to everyone, you understand; it's just how I approach it.

(And it's not that I don't care, or don't want the comics to be good. Of course I do.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
And as I said before when we heard Levitz was coming back: you can't go home again. He's a different person than he was and so are we. I'm not going into this expecting everything to be like it was before. In fact, I'd be disappointed if it were.

This is an excellent point that bears emphasis. When rock bands (for example) reunite, they usually end up being a big disappointment. No one can live up to a reputation inflated by nostalgia.
True. And that's why, if I end up reading the book, I'm not necessarily going to expect the people involved to outdo what they did before. Particularly since I don't have those old books in front of me and haven't been able to read them in twenty years. Maybe my memory of how they were the living end isn't even reliable. I already suspect that some of my favorite stories from that "lost" era are the ones that aren't even particularly loved by other fans. So, you know, there's that.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
The bottom line is that there is a special place in my heart for the LSH, it's been like that since I was eight years old. I've been with them through thick and thin and will continue to do so in 2010 with this new chapter in their lives.

Well said, future king! I'm on board with the Legion, even if it is a sinking ship...er, oxygen-leaking spacecruiser? The Legion has always been my only real "obsession" with comics. Other books have come and gone. I have always preferred the Levitz era, but rather than complain endlessly about all the versions and reboots, I tried to focus on the good parts of each. I'm sure I won't like everything Levitz does, but I'm not going anywhere!!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Count me in as being in the "here for good (or bad)" camp. I stopped collecting LSH for a while when I first went to university, and I've regretted it every since.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.