Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Green Lantern in the Legion? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Green Lantern in the Legion?
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:You know, I'd really like to see Celeste revived and in this continuity...

With Rond dead, Celeste as a GL would be a Green Lantern addition I could live with....I would rather not see a GL in the Legion at all to be honest, I think the Legion works best when it isn't so tied to present day DCU.

I didn't mind the idea of Rond being one, but I kind of got the impression nobody really knew what to do with him once it was revealed that he had the Green Lantern ring....if there is gonna be a new GL Corps, I would really prefer it be something that is background to be used in stories every now and then, not something that detracts from existing Legion cast story possibilities.

Anyway, I have a really bad feeling that Mon-El is gonna kick the bucket and Sodam Yat will be the new Daxamite with a GL ring to boot. I really hope not, Sodam Yat does absolutely NOTHING for me as a character..... [Disgusting]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Or as I like to call him Some Damn Yutz.

I would like to see Rond pop up as an active member on an occasional basis, when something involving time travel or the cosmic scope of the GL corps/guardians comes into play.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I keep waiting for his sister Gommora to show up!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I just hope whatever GL it is doesn't have a goofy mohawk.

Fin-heads like Tomar-Re are awesome though!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd personally like to see a new character get the ring.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I keep waiting for his sister Gommora to show up!

Oh, her! Looking back, I bet she likes salt a Lot.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, Bible Belt Boy.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
...Ha! It'd be funny if it were Jenny (XS)! She could acquire grandpa Barry's Flash ring and wear three rings! Are there any other DCU rings of importance for her to gather? She could be DC's Mandarin...

Actually, Kinetix would be the logical choice to be a power-ring collector, since in ReBoot continuity (her only continuity, actually) she got her powers while seeking out powerful artifacts.

It would be kinda cool if she got the second Emerald Eye, too (remember, the one McCauley's young female friend from the Work Force had?). In fact, that could be her new gig: seeking out powerful DC universe artifacts in general, not just rings.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still holding out hope for Jordana Gardner.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
What would interest me is knowing if the old Annual in which the President said "No Green Lanterns on Earth-- ever" had a canon explanation at some point. Or even if it's still considered canonical that 31st Century Earth barred Green Lanterns from its space.

Only on Mondays.
Always making fun of me!!!11

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
If its not Rond Vidar who's going to be the next Green Lantern in LSH #1 as I'm predicting, then I hope it is Matter-Eater Lad. Something needs to be done with this character which has become stagnant over the years. It still seems out of place that he would be chosen to be part of the Espionage Squad that travelled back in time for the Brainiac story. His power is not what I would call subtle.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
It still seems out of place that he would be chosen to be part of the Espionage Squad that travelled back in time for the Brainiac story. His power is not what I would call subtle.

On the other hand, his power has led to him being one of the Legionnaires who has had the most 'success' outside of super-heroing, as he is forced by circumstances to get by in the real world (or what passes for a 'real world' in the 30th century, anyway). Legionnaires who've spent some time living ordinary 'retired' non-Legion-lives, such as Tenz, Chuck, Lu, Val and Jeckie, might be ideally suited to long-term espionage missions.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the idea of there being a Green Lantern in the Legionverse, just not on the team. I'd rather they just be part of the rich tapestry of the 31st century DCU like the Heroes of Lallor or Dev-Em. (back before they screwed him up)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Total agreement there. I want there to be 31st century Amazons and Atlanteans and Green Lanterns and Martians and some dude wearing the Helmet of Nabu, but the Legion already has twenty-five to seventy established characters (and infinite room for non-derivative additions), it doesn't need to be burdened with a bunch of cheap knock-offs of 20th century heroes.

This is the Legion of Super-Heroes, not Justice League 3000.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This very much reflects how I want to see things done. There are heroes in the 30th century. Not all are in the Legion. Not all even need appear in the Legion's book. I'd rather a story about 30th century Amazons appeared in the Wonder Woman title than the Legion title.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.