Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics to get a co-feature in July (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics to get a co-feature in July
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
In issue 516, the Atom starts up as a co-feature in Adventure comics. Not sure how I feel about this yet...but if it keeps the second Legion book around for a while longer, alls the better I guess.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/04/13/editor-brian-cunningham-on-the-atoms-return-in-july/

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm NOT happy about it. Shouldn't it be a co-feature even remotely related to the lead???

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Sucks
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Mixed feelings about this. Jeff Lemire is supposed to be a good writer, but I don't think this is a good fit. I honestly believe the extra dollar for a co-feature is part of what killed the Red Circle books. This could be a deal breaker for casual fans, especially when it will already be seen as the "Secondary" book to LSH.

It also won't do much to shake the growing perception that Adventure is a dumping ground for projects.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'll be that lonely flag-waving fan who's happy with this news.

I've been trying to cut back on my comics purchases lately but since I've always been something of an Atom fan I probably would have had to strectch my funds to get whichever book he was appearing in. Since I'm already getting this one - I don't have to! [Smile]

I agree it would have been nicer to have a back-up that was somewhat related to the main feature (how cool would a Reboot Legion backup be? or the Heroes of Lallor? or the Legion of Super-Pets? or solo Legion stories? or...) but we're already getting 2 Legion stories a month between this title and their own, let's not get greedy now.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of dig it! Whatever back-up the Legion has should be sci-fi related.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Plus the art in that pic looks fantastic! I hope that's the regular artist!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Wait - I just realised that pic is by Gary Frank. Would be great to have him back on a title I buy but I think his name is a bit big for a lowly back-up gig these days. Hope the regular guy is at least nearly as good.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
He's from Dynamo 5 which is kind of an indie book so maybe that will bring some fans over?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Feels like they're hedging their bets. It is hard to believe DC is giving the Legion 100% support as they are edging for the door...

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^^^ That seems a little pessimistic to me. Adventure Comics has been a book with a back-up since it came back. The Legion used to be that back-up but now they've moved to the front so someone had to take their place. I'm not sure how giving that spot to the Atom makes it seem like DC are trying to push the Legion out the door?

And it could've been a lot worse people. It could've been The Scare Tactics or something. [Wink]

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought there should be a LSH/Atom team-up via the Timepool.

Maybe now there will?

I wouldn't consider ADVENTURE so proprietarily. I don't believe that it's been stated that the Legion will even be in the book past the 6 issue Flashback storyline. Or did I miss something?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^^^ I thought I remember reading Levitz say somewhere that he was going to use the Legion stories in Adventure to occasionally inform or reflect whatever story he was telling in the Legion book at the time. That makes me think the team have the book long-term.

But this is DC where things change on a dime and the crap always rises to the top so who knows what's gonna happen.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Comic Book Resources has a good interview with writer Jeff Lemuire, who is an indie/Vertigo guy so he should bring a unique voice to the series which is greatly needed. He currently writes Sweet Tooth, which I don't collect.
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it. It seems very much in line with the old Adventure tradition. Remember when Adventure featured Plastic Man, Aquaman, and Ditko's Starman. The features had nothing in common but it was a fun book to read.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.