Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related July 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion-related July 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
So, C2E2 had a FANTASTIC Yildiray Legionnaires poster, which of course I completely failed to photo or otherwise document. (I AM a lame-o, I admit it). In my defense, keeping track of a 7-year old at his first con was more on my mind. (He had a GREAT time, btw.) But I DID get a good look at the Sun Boy outfit, and I really liked it. It's really the classic design, with a few extras that make it a bit more...robust I guess you could say. The classic costume always looked very flimsy, pixieish I guess, because of the collar and shoulders. Yildiray's version keeps those elements, but toughens them up a bit. I sure hope we see this poster/image out there soon, because it is fantastic! Yildiray's art is so expressive and dynamic, with amazing foreground to background depth of field and contrast. It pleasantly reminded me of the most dynamic aspects of Grell's and Sherman's art.

Did you notice whether any other Legionnaires get new costumes?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

Not sure about the new costume for Sun Boy however. Why mess with perfection? I'll reserve judgement til I get a better look though.

Looking at it positively, if the new art team are changing costume designs then we may get rid of some of the Gary Frank abominations. We can but hope.
Not in my opinion. I [Love] the Frank designs.

And I want to see this C2E2 poster someone mentioned STAT! There has to be a pic of it floating around the web somewhere. Onward Legion soldiers!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Sun Boy redesign rather a lot from that one image actually! I do agree his original costume is a classic, but it did need something to modernise it a bit....I think this does that without really fundamentally changing it.

I am not WILD about Earth-Man joining, though it might make for some good interactions with Cham and Gates...but it seems a bit of a retread of the Andromeda/White Triangle story, and really I don't know if the Legion can afford to *lose* any NEW villains....

(yeah I know he's been around since like forever, but he is functionally new)

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
[Double-Header] isn't happy that Earth Man is joining the Legion!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... was it specified exactly *how* Double-Header was killed?

It occurs to me that if he was ripped in half or something, the two halves might be able to survive independently. Earth Man would've effectively just sped up his reproductive process!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I predict Earthman's induction will be a temporary arrangement, like when those 4 Khunds joined up a while back. Basically just a device for creating dissension in the ranks and increasing drama.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it. What happens when the enemy you created by rejection is included?Does he stop being the enemy? Isn't this what he always really wanted? Great questions to raise.

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I predict Earthman's induction will be a temporary arrangement, like when those 4 Khunds joined up a while back. Basically just a device for creating dissension in the ranks and increasing drama.

He'll join (or be forced to join more like it) only to meet a dramatic end a few issues later.
That way Levitz gets to kill a "Legionnaire" early on, thereby getting that goal out of his system and then moving on after that.
[Yes]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:

He'll join (or be forced to join more like it) only to meet a dramatic end a few issues later.
That way Levitz gets to kill a "Legionnaire" early on, thereby getting that goal out of his system and then moving on after that.
[Yes]

I'd hate to see Earth Man get killed off.. he's a good villain. I just hope he doesn't get get redeemed and join the Legion for good.

There are other worthy candidates that would do great on the team..

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parasitic Twin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parasitic Twin           Edit/Delete Post     
Cinars Legion covers are very dynamic. The covers to Legion 2 and 3 are great. [Cool]
From: sprouting from 3rd rib | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
It's funny. Dirk has always been my least favorite of the Legionnaires, but I'm even looking forward to seeing him in the spotlight...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Unlike Blacula, I mostly hate the new/old designs.
They're from all of the eras and are very confusing and the ones that are updated are either silly (Garth's diaper), dowdy (Imra's), ridiculously out of place and out of sync with the rest of the outfits (Shady's bathingsuit and Dawny's keyhole.)

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Levitz does.
I seriously dislike Earth Man and the whole xenophobic thing, but I'll just have to see it through.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised not to see the Jim Lee Icon book listed in this thread, as it includes a 10 page legion story written by Levitz.

haven't been on here in a while. have I missed it?

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's being solicited by Titan Books and not by DC and it's currently scheduled for August 17th in the US.

It's been on the front page scroll for 2 years since it was first solicited in 2008.

[ May 15, 2010, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
There's been entirely not enough baseless speculation on what that tentacled monster is on the cover of Legion #3!!

* A Super-Octopus of Space??

* A new Green Lantern??

* Professor Harmonia Li horribly mutated by the events @ the Time Institute on Titan??

* Chameleon Girl gone mad??

* Dr. Mayavale??

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.