Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Where are Tyroc and Dream Girl?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where are Tyroc and Dream Girl?
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so we have now seen that Jan, Jeckie, Cham and Tellus are in the primitive 21st century helping out Mon & Kon (with Tenzil and Quislet leaving their personalities behind and accompanying)...this leaves us with a couple of Legionnaires missing by my count!

Namely, Tyroc and Dream Girl!

Dreamy is my favourite Legionnaire ever. I am under the assumption that whatever she is up to, it's going to pan out to be frigging AMAZING. Of course, this may end up being terribly wrong. She wasn't treated at all well in the Lightning Saga thingo, and I haven't been super-wowed by any depiction of female Legionnaires since then. They seem to have fallen back to default characterisation of the 60's of "someone's girlfriend or background character". Paul Levitz was the one who MADE Dreamy so awesome though, and he obviously loves her, so hope springs eternal...

Tyroc though...there's been no mention of him since a throwaway line in LO3W that he's missing, and we know that he is Levitz's least favourite Legionnaire. I really see him having the potential to be the Legion's Scarlet Witch, and I think that if you consider his power to be more harnessing/controlling superstring vibration than "weird sonic scream", it doesn't seem so hokey. Of course, he's on a team with a guy who eats guns and another guy who INFLATES, so I don't see why his power gets so much flak anyway...

Rant aside though....where is Tyroc?? What is he up to?? I think it would be a cool thing to find out he is somehow related to GL John Stewart, and given how in love with the GLC Geoff Johns is, I'm mildly surprised we haven't discovered already this is the case. Maybe he is in John Stewart's past subtly guiding him to his career as a GL? Maybe Tyroc and Dreamy are using their combined powers of precognition and reality-altering to screw up whatever the LSV are up to in the 21st century? Whatever...I just want to know!

Thoughts?

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure that we will see Dreamy 'soon' in the 21st century.

On the other hand, I kind of don't expect to see Tyroc any time soon, although having him make a surprise appearance in the 11th hour could be interesting. He's the character who was in most dire need of an upgrade, in costume, powers and / or personality. He used to be a bit of a hothead, but we've had years of Drake and Brin in that role, and they seem mellowed in more recent appearances, with Garth having degenerated into a ranting nutcase, so, in any event the 'angry guy' niche is already filled.

There was a GURPS super-character from Jamaica named 'Wailer,' who had a sleek silver bodysuit, Jason Mamoa-esque dreds and sonic / flight powers, and, in my mind, his look would have worked pretty darn well on Tyroc.

On the one hand, I'm fond of some sort of vibrational / reality-alteration power for Tyroc, but, given how Deus Ex Machina it tends to get, I think I'd rather have him just have bog standard sonic powers, than risk the Scarlet Witch / Chemical King 'too hard to write for' excuse. Maybe it can be left open a little bit, so that writers who feel like meddling with 'quantum resonance' or whatever can have Tyroc do something whacky-cool, while just telling everyone that he 'basically has sonic powers, in crossovers, just pretend he's Banshee / Black Canary.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.