Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Wildfire and the Outsiders! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wildfire and the Outsiders!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, can anybody think of any plausible scenarios where Wildfire quits the Legion and forms his own team, leading to the integration of Dave Cockrum's Outsiders (or an analogue) into the current Legion?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dawny leaves the Legion because of something he does...he's cleared of any wringdoing, but leaves anyway from Dawnstar perceived betrayal and the accusations from the others.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake identified himself so strongly as a Legionnaire, and worked so hard to get into the club, that leaving of his own accord would probably be unthinkable. I think he saw himself as an essential, Socrates-like gadfly.

The Legion 1 Million (or whatever it was called) annual drove home this point by having Drake lead several teams of Legionnaires for centuries after his friends had died.

I can't imagine Drake leading a team called the Outsiders. He was always too much of an insider.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion visits a far off universe that has so far remained uncharted. The planets in that universe each have a champion, but no one to lead them.

Wildfire, after a breakup with Dawny, wants to get away, and volunteers his services. But little does he know, she has followed him and is disguised as one of the Planetary Champions, also known as the Outsiders.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
He attempts to recruit Dev-Em and the Heroes of Lallor with mixed success. Wishing to keep Wildfire out of trouble, Chameleon Boy infultrates the team disguised as a new hero. With Chameleon Girl in the Legion, there is little incentive for Reep to leave the Outsiders. J'onn J'onzz crosses their paths somehow. The 21st century Amazon Outsider, Grace, may still be alive in the 31st.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Cockrum's Outsiders, for anyone not familiar with them.

[Quetzal] [Typhoon] [Nightcrawler] [Power Boy] [Reflecto]

PS

No Trio Smiley?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm thinking something along the lines of Wildfire accidentally kills a bunch of xenophobic Earthers, and leaves the Legion out of guilt, and also feeling like an "Outsider" on his own homeworld [though it might be better to rename the new group in light of the 21st century Outsiders].
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What if the Outsiders was Wildfire's night-time or weekend-equivalent project? Since he doesn't need to sleep, and probably is prohibited by Legion bylaws to be onduty permanently, he might want to develop an 'outside' interest without threatening his LSH status.

Alternately, how does 'Invisible Kid and the Outsiders' sound to you?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
OUTSIDERS as WIldfire hobby/side-project... I REALLY like this idea, especially considering his interest in the Academy!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
PS

No Trio Smiley?

I had asked Dave about the powers of each of her bodies (Each one had a different power, btw). He replied that he couldn't remember and that he'd think about it and get back to me. [Frown]

Thus, no graemlin just yet. And I'll need to do a "Power Boy I" smiley as well soon.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Timber Wolf might be a better choice to wander off and end up the nucleus of a new team, although Drake's also got potential, combining his sometimes impulsive temperament (which could lead to him disapproving of something the Legion is doing and getting in a shouting match with them and quitting) and his time as a trainer at the Academy (teaching young heroes how to both control their abilities, and, more importantly, how to function as a team).

Random thoughts on Trio's powers;

Solid (brick, superstrong, invulnerable), Liquid (stretching powers, fast healing), Gas (turn intangible, choking touch by transmuting the oxygen in someone's body to nitrogen or something, only lasts as long as she remains in contact with the target)

Animal (like Vixen), Vegetable (control of plants or plant-like traits, like Swamp Thing), Mineral (strong and tough, manipulate the earth, like the Thing / Terra)

Creation (create stuff, possibly even creatures), Preserver / Architect (transform stuff, maybe heal), Destroyer (destroy stuff, sometimes explosively), with a Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva Trimutri flavor

Trinity character from DC (New Titans Annual 6?) – Time can selectively slow the timestream, War can fire deadly bolts of force and Chaos can project maddening illusions

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I was thinking Wildfire for the "designed by Cockrum" connection, plus he's a popular Legionnaire, so he could nicely "spin-off" on his own. Also, his Academy connection might be an excuse to bring in the existing Power Boy, if we wanted to use him for the "Power Boy" role in the Outsiders.

I was thinking I remembered reading what the powers of the three part of Trio were, but maybe I'm thinking of someone else's suggestion of a Carggite with multiple powers when she splits.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
They already have names -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the idea of the Outsiders being a pet project "outside" of the Legion. So it doesn't have to be an angsty team of loners, but could just be something he pulls together to investigate stuff in his spare time.

I also like the idea of Academy trainees making up the bulk of the team, and it could be a good way of introducing heroes from various other worlds too. This Trio lady above for example could be a Carggite superheroine who is quite happy dealing with problems on her own planet and doesn't really WANT to move to Earth to have to make a name for herself as a Legionnaire. But when trouble brews on Cargg and Luornu's on a mission with the Legion, she could work with Wildfire's Outsiders.

I think it could be an interesting way of adding some more flavor to the Legion's universe... [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing at least a suggestion of other Carggite, Winathian, Talokkian, etc. super-people. As with Calorie Queen, a Bismollan with enhanced powers, it might be interesting to meet members of other cultures, like Bgtzl, Imsk, Titan, Durla, Colu or Braal, who have *other* super-powers (or augmented / modified expressions of the racial powers), and not just the racial standards.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.