Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Wildfire and the Outsiders! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wildfire and the Outsiders!
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe this is a group of Legion applicants who for one reason or another, had great potential but were unable to join the team because of one rule or another.

DUplication of powers rule (although it doesn;t seem to be in effect now), for example.

Wildfire, unhappy with the beauracracy, gets them all together to work "outside" of the Legion, but still connected to them.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I like the idea of the Outsiders being a pet project "outside" of the Legion. So it doesn't have to be an angsty team of loners, but could just be something he pulls together to investigate stuff in his spare time.

Hmm... I'm liking this idea more and more! If it's mostly Academy students maybe he was inspired by the LoSubs II?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
Maybe this is a group of Legion applicants who for one reason or another, had great potential but were unable to join the team because of one rule or another.

DUplication of powers rule (although it doesn;t seem to be in effect now), for example.

Ooh! I like this too!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
Duplication of powers rule (although it doesn;t seem to be in effect now), for example.

Wildfire, unhappy with the beauracracy, gets them all together to work "outside" of the Legion, but still connected to them.

Totally cool idea. People like Thundra Girl (or Storm Boy) who gain their powers from items would be eligible to join Wildfire's side-group.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Exactly, all thoses silly rules that have kept otherwise viable candidtates from joining, they work "outside" of the Legion, not officially connected to them, and handle things "outside" of the Legion's jurisdiction.

The Legion can't officially endorse them.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys are really cooking! I like the ideas here!

Devil-Fish, as a Dave creation, should totally be included too! For at least a mission anyway.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I thought about the Devil-Fish too!
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
What about Wildfire's three academy buddies..? Nightwind, Lamprey and Crystal Kid?

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightwind and Lamprey are two of my favorite Legion-adjacent characters (with Laurel Kent joining them as well!).

I always thought that Crystal Kid had powers like the Teen Titan Kole or the X-Men 2099 character Krystallin, to create crystal. I was disappointed to find out that he just turned self and others into crystal, like a cheap Golden Boy knock-off...

Power Boy was generally pretty lame, and Shadow Kid didn't add much either. Kinda interesting how the Academy girls were so awesome and the Academy boys were kinda 'meh.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Wildfire's friend, Lu-Lu Shushfox, goes missing on the uncharted planet of Mark 0.VII-A. The Legion won't intervene because it's outside the United Planets, so Wildfire quits and goes in himself, bringing Powerboy along with him. They get captured and discover Refecto's there as well, trying to get help from a mysterious doctor. The three of them are saved by the other members all there for various improbable reasons.

When all is said and done, they head back to Earth and set up shop as a new team in the Gotham suburbs of New Metropolis.

(C'mon, someone had to say it...)

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.