Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » First Spotlight Issue of the New Series?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Spotlight Issue of the New Series?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote Gates.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Boy.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
XS.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
We all know it will be Brainiac 5 or Saturn Girl but I vote Night Girl. I really feel like I know next to nothing about this character.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Gates or XS would work.

So would Jacques, since he's barely been mentioned at all.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was kind of thinking Duplicate Damsel, although she was one of the first spotlights in both the reboot and threeboot runs.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I would *like* for it to be Gates or XS because neither of them have had a line of dialogue in any Legion appearance since they decided to leave their only remaining family in the multiverse behind to inexplicably hang out with some strangers who look like them (thanks Johns)...but my money is on Garth.

He's already off on a solo mission anyway, and he's a founder so he's clearly that much more important than any of the others. Even though, as it seems Mr Johns has seemed insistent on drumming into us, he's only really there out of sheer luck and his marriage to Imra. Pfft.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to the spotlight fall quickly on one of the members Levitz never quite gave due to:

Chuck or Lu or Tyroc or Tenzil.

(As long as the spotlight issue doesn't end with their bveing removed from the team again).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Since it sounds like Tyroc will be joining / re-joining the team at some point, and he's one of the Legion characters most in need of some re-development / re-characterization, I'd definitely like to see him get a spotlight issue when he's re-introduced.

Some development on the new-ish members of the team (XS, Gates, Night Girl, Chameleon Girl), or Legionnaires who've gone through larger changes (Duplicate Damsel, how do her new powers work, exactly, do all these 'dupes' have personalities, are they 'expendable?'), would also be welcome.

Chameleon Girl definitely calls for a solo mission of some sort, as she's been traditionally defined by her relationships to Gim and / or Violet. I very much don't like when characters (and, most often, 'girlfriend' characters are only characterized by their interactions with others, although, if one were to throw that trope on it's head, doing it with a Durlan actress would be the way to go, as Yera might actually choose to define herself in this manner, being as morphic in personality as in physical form...).

It will probably never be phrased this way, but the sacred cow of the 'Last Son of Krypton' is a huge freaking joke compared to the story of the Last Son of Trom. Kal-El has Kara, Conner, *a freaking pet dog* and 10,000 bottle Kandorians, as well as a (possibly sentient) talking fortress. Jan Arrah has an empty world full of gravestones that he built himself. An Element Lad story that deals with his freakishly worlds-destroying power (if he ever chose to use it in such a manner) and his 'more Superman-than-Superman' sense of alienation and survivor's guilt, could be interesting. It might be even more interesting if his spiritual beliefs and / or 'zen' nature transcend this sort of survivor's guilt, and he's superhumanly well-adjusted, and not at all traumatized by the circumstances of his life.

[ May 08, 2010, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
One thing I liked about Jan in the 5YL Legion (and something that was occasionally done well in the Archie Legion but generally just made him look like a flake) was his spirituality and his incredibly strong centre.

Set, you're right that he IS more Superman than Superman in that sense, and it's weird that in all the fuss that is made about Clark being the sole(ish) survivor of Krypton, what happened to Jan gets completely ignored except for when Roxxas needs to pop up again. I liked when Jan took Shvaughn back to Trom in the Baxter Legion, I would like to see more stuff like that for him.

--------------------
postlo3w

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeckie ... detailing Karate Kid's resurrection

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Actually, yeah! I WOULD like a story behind why they brought Val back when every other Legionnaire who ever died has to just stay dead...

Actually, I wouldn't mind a spotlight on Cos as well...I wanna know when he suddenly became so hardline Legion to the point where he can't even sustain a relationship anymore. How did he and Lydda break up? How has he coped with Pol's death? Is Pol actually dead? I haven't heard mention of him since this Legion started being used again, and while it would make sense that he was a Legionnaire seeing how Quislet, Tellus, Polar Boy and Sensor Girl all are, I guess there's nothing set in stone saying he joined..?

--------------------
postlo3w

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Who I want it to be: Tyroc, Jeckie, Gates or XS

Who I think it will be: Saturn Girl, Ultra Boy, B5 or Wildfire

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd want it to by Tyroc.. he deserves it. My second choice would be Gates or XS.. I never read much of the reboot, so I'd like to know more about them.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.