Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related August 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion-related August 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #4
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art and cover by YILDIRAY CINAR & WAYNE FAUCHER
1:10 Variant cover by JIM LEE & SCOTT WILLIAMS
Who kidnapped Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad's twin children? Whoever it is, the real culprit is trying very hard to make the Legion members believe Darkseid perpetrated the deed. Is the mad New God to blame? Or is something even more dangerous at fault? Find out in this issue!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale AUGUST 25 * 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Click for fullsize image

ADVENTURE COMICS #517
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Co-Feature written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art by KEVIN SHARPE & MARIO ALQUIZA
Co-Feature art by MAHMUD ASRAR & JOHN DELL
Cover by SCOTT CLARK & DAVID BEATY
When Superboy learns about his future exploits, he discovers the heavy burden that comes with being the kid destined to grow up to be Superman.
And in the second installment of the all-new co-feature starring The Atom, Ray Palmer continues tracking down who may have recently attacked his father! Don't miss this exciting new era for The Atom from up-and-comers Jeff Lemire (SWEET TOOTH) and Mahmud Asrar (Dynamo 5) spinning out of the pages of BRIGHTEST DAY!
On sale AUGUST 11 * 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Click for fullsize image

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #75
Written by PAUL LEVITZ, JOE KELLY, DAVID FINCH, J.T. KRUL, STEVEN T. SEAGLE and others
Art by JERRY ORDWAY, DAVID FINCH, ADAM HUGHES, FRANCIS MANAPUL, DUNCAN ROULLEAU and others
Cover by FRANK QUITELY
You're invited to a spectacular anniversary celebration as Paul Levitz unites the World's Finest with the super-team he's best known for - the Legion of Super-Heroes! Lex Luthor has finally unleashed a threat powerful enough to gain the Legion's attention in the far future, but to take Luthor down, they'll have to journey into the past and ask for help from both Batman and Superboy!
Plus, Joe Kelly and various writers and artists chronicle the history of The Man of Steel and The Dark Knight in adventures that span from yesterday into the far beyond! Adam Hughes writes and draws a tale starring Supergirl and Batgirl, J.T. Krul and Francis Manipul deliver a tale of Superboy and Red Robin seeking advice from their mentors, Ace and Krypto get leashed by Duncan Rouleau, David Finch writes and illustrates a story for the first time, and Joe Kelly, Steven T. Seagle, Billy Tucci and many more surprises help commemorate this anniversary extravaganza!
On sale AUGUST 18 * 56 pg, FC $4.99 US

Click for fullsize image

R.E.B.E.L.S #19
Written by TONY BEDARD
Art by CLAUDE ST. AUBIN & SCOTT HANNA
Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
“The Sons of Brainiac” story continues! It’s war of the super-geniuses as Brainiac’s tactics force Vril Dox and his estranged son to do the unthinkable: team up! Plus, the Green Lantern Corps sows further seeds of espionage against their L.E.G.I.O.N. rivals!
On sale AUGUST 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Click for fullsize image

STARMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 5 HC
Written by JAMES ROBINSON, DAVID S. GOYER & GEOFF JOHNS
Art by PETER SNEJBJERG, STEVE YEOWELL STEVE SADOWSKI, LEE MODER, TONY HARRIS and others
Cover by TONY HARRIS
In this fifth hardcover, Starman embarks on a personal space odyssey to find the long-lost brother of his girlfriend. But when a chance encounter sends Starman sprawling through time, Jack shares an adventure with the Legion of Super-Heroes, battling aliens alongside Adam Strange and meeting Superman’s father. Collects STARMAN #47-60 and 1,000,000, STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. #0, ALL STAR COMICS 80-PAGE GIANT #1 and a story from
JSA: ALL STARS #4 (2003)!
On sale OCTOBER 6 • 464 pg, FC, $49.99 US

Click for fullsize image

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 4 TP
Written by JAMES SHOOTER, E. NELSON BRIDWELL and CARY BATES
Art by CURT SWAN, DAVE COCKRUM
and others
Cover by CURT SWAN & MIKE ESPOSITO
In this volume, the Legion battles Mordru the Merciless and The Fatal Five and meets The Tornado Twins. Collecting ADVENTURE COMICS #369-380, ACTION COMICS #378-387, 389-392 and SUPERBOY #172, 173, 176, 183, 184, 188, 190 and 191.
On sale SEPTEMBER 22 • 512 pg, B&W, $19.99 US

Click for fullsize image

TINY TITANS #31
Written by ART BALTAZAR & FRANCO
Art and cover by ART BALTAZAR
Join all the super-people for a super birthday party at the Fortress of Solitude! This issue is going to be super...unless you count the room full of Brainiacs! Let’s hope the Brainiacs don’t ruin the party.
On sale AUGUST 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

[ May 17, 2010, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that's the first LSH solicitation that's kind of interested me!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like it's Garth and Imra month. <yawn> At least it's not Querl.

Nice covers though. And good to see Paul addressing the mystery of the Ranzz-Ardeen children so quickly. I wonder if the Validus origin is still intact?

Levitz isn't exciting me with his guest stars in the main Legion book so far though. Green Lanterns and New Gods? Not characters I have ever liked in the Legion-verse. Please leave the 21st Century characters behind Paul! Start developing the uniquely 31st Century concepts more!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I will be glad when focus moves to some of the other characters... That being said, this looks pretty good!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone more dangerous than Darkseid?
Looking forward to this series more than I have in a long time.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
My money's on Mekt's twin brother.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a parallel. Them when they're young, and when they're older. Get it?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
ADV #517: It looks like Paul is retroactively inserting the founders' love triangle from the reboot into this continuity... or at least Garth's jealousy over Rokk & Imra's friendship.

LSH #4: Another dynamic cover by Yildiray!! Someone commented recently that Imra's costume makes her look dowdy. I have to disagree. I think it looks great and fits her personality.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Superboy (Conner) is becoming the co-feature in Action this August, following which he will be getting his own series.

Details here

Me, I'm only interested if Krypto is front and center.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice sketches. I'll be picking up Action again, I guess.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Info on Paul's S/B #75 is up too--and the Legion definitely plays a part!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-august-2010-solicitations-100517.html

Hmm... Is that really Lightning Lad? The real Garth (or at least the one sent on the lost sibling hunt) didn't have the shoulder tattoo...

[ May 16, 2010, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Korbal ]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
All three look pretty awesome to me! I'm glad Paul is addressing Garth & Imra's children immediately so we know where we stand.

Blacula & co--you've got to give Paul a year to rope in new readers to the Legion, using 21st century characters to do so. There is a strategy at work here. (But sure, I get your annoyance with it).

The Superman/Batman solicit actually looks pretty cool too (and for this title, they almost never do).

Imra looks really cute on the Adventure cover!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Looks like Superboy (Conner) is becoming the co-feature in Action this August, following which he will be getting his own series.

Details here

Me, I'm only interested if Krypto is front and center.

I believe Conner is only in one issue and then his new title launches.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
The best Cinar cover to date. Looks really powerful and energetic. Don't mess with parents whose children have been taken away - they will crush you. I really, really like that, guess it sounds like a much more interesting story than the gazillionth "All existence is on the brink of being wiped out" stories popping up everywhere in comicdom... Mister Levitz, I really am getting excited about thsi new series!
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
That is a great cover. I'm glad Ayla is featured instead of Rokk for a change. I like her new costume, but why doesn't she get an emblem? That large white panel is screaming for one, but we only see the lightning bolts subtly worked into the trim on her costume, whereas Garths' are blasting across his chest. Seems kinda sexist.

I think a lot of these new costumes, including Garth's and Imra's, are entirely too busy. It must be exhausting to draw all these extraneous details over and over on every character.

I hope the interior art is as good as the cover. Looking forward to Paul's new run. I hope he doesn't disappoint us.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.