Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » CALLING THE ROLL of LSH #2 (spoilers) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: CALLING THE ROLL of LSH #2 (spoilers)
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
This is what she looks like.

http://www.comicvine.com/saturn-queen/29-3593/all-images/108-212938/98568-saturn-queen/105-195838/

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Shackleford
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Shackleford   Email Rusty Shackleford         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

BRAINIAC 5

I liked the revelation that it was Brainy who taught Brek to grow his ice arm. The specific of an ice replacement-limb might be a turn-off for some, but the fact that Brainy's helping other Legionnaires with their powers shouldn't be. Then again, earlier instances of that kind of help have had mixed results, haven't they? I hope he continues to help some Legionnaires expand the uses of their abilities, if not their actual powers.

I didn't care for this on a continuity level. I guess there's some wiggle room in "Superman and the Legion" to make this fit. But IIRC, we know a) Polar Boy was maimed by Tusker, b) he was captured by the JLE, and c) Brainiac left for Colu for some period of time. For Brainy to have helped Brek with his arm, the sequence would had to have been a-c-b. It just seems more likely that A happened back-to-back with B and Polar Boy figured out on his own how to grow the ice limb. It's something he should have seen done on his homeworld anyhow.

[ June 30, 2010, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Shackleford ]

--------------------
Welcome to Legion World!
All credits accepted!
No Super-Rejects allowed!

From: Palm Bay FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the timing of that was off too, Rusty. Didn't he grow the ice arm as soon as he escaped the hot box?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

BRAINIAC 5
I liked the 'likeable morons' comment to the extent that it's nice to know that he at least finds his teammates 'likeable'. I think his dismissal of them as 'morons' out of character. For Vril, it wouldn't be-- For Querl, I think it is.

That "likeable morons" was a great Brainy moment. I'd like to think that he even uses the term moron with affection. His Vril moments continue to disappoint me. However, we did see a very different Brainy in the Adventure story, when he returned from the 21st century, smiling and greeted by all his likeable moron team mates. I suppose even a 12th level genius can go through distant, distracted or grumpy periods.

quote:
I wonder what's up with the starship full of Durlans? That flew by, but was interesting. 'In Brande's name...' Has R.J. replaced Mon-el as the Legion related quasi-religious figure?
I wonder if Cham changed the timeline/history of Durla by speaking to someone back in the 21st century. Maybe Durla isn't so isolated and paranoid now. Or could Brande refer to some other, historical figure of importance to Durlans, and R.J. just assumed that name when he took on
his non-Durlan look.

quote:
SATURN GIRL
Now that was an interesting little sidetrip, wasn't it? Unexpected, but eminently logical. That's Saturn Girl on a mission, right there. Where will the 'image' lead her? Will she pursue it alone? That's characteristic of her, as well. Though less logical.

A great portrayal of Saturn Girl. It surprised me too, which is what made it so enjoyable. And no other legionnaire could have done this, even if they'd thought of it.

quote:
[Shadow Lass] SHADOW LASS Here's my guess. Talok needs an heir to their Shadow Champion line. Shady and Mon have been together for years with no children. Technology? Maybe there's a superstition for Planetary Champions. Maybe she's tried. It doesn't seem like she gave Mon-el much of a reason, but we haven't read the actual break-up scene. I wonder if we will?

If that guess turns out correct, I wonder who she'll set her sights on next? Seems a bit cold, doesn't it? Especially if she still loves Mon-el.

That seems like a good reason, if she's thinking long-term. (I'd hate to see her go on maternity leave so soon in any event.)

It was suggested in the other thread on this issue that the cloth sling on her arm was an echo from her first Legion story - so maybe she's set her sights on Brainiac 5. But it could be that Talok demands a pure blood Shadow Champion and she'll be heading home for a mate.

quote:
[Saturn Queen] Saturn Queen
In short, just what comics need more of-- irredeemable villainesses that the reader doesn't feel an ounce of sympathy for.

Yeah, she's a cold, nasty one. And what is it with Buddhists in the future? Gym'll wasn't evil but wasn't exactly at peace with the universe - or maybe they all just refer to Buddha as an expression, without any spiritual affiliation.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford:
]I didn't care for this on a continuity level. I guess there's some wiggle room in "Superman and the Legion" to make this fit. But IIRC, we know a) Polar Boy was maimed by Tusker, b) he was captured by the JLE, and c) Brainiac left for Colu for some period of time. For Brainy to have helped Brek with his arm, the sequence would had to have been a-c-b. It just seems more likely that A happened back-to-back with B and Polar Boy figured out on his own how to grow the ice limb. It's something he should have seen done on his homeworld anyhow.

Wasn't Brainy also imprisoned with Polar Boy and the others at one point? Or was that just some speculation by other Legionnaires because he was missing? If he had been in prison, he could have worked with Brek there - or possibly even before everything happened, Brainy was helping others amp up their powers.

But I agree, it should have been something Brek figured out or learned on Tharr.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Brainy was just taking credit for what he THOUGHT he trained Brek to do ... but actually was the idea of Brek himself all along.

I can't wait to hear the real explanation.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
Maybe Brainy was just taking credit for what he THOUGHT he trained Brek to do ... but actually was the idea of Brek himself all along.

I can't wait to hear the real explanation.

Does anyone really think a further explanation is forthcoming? I seriously doubt it and wouldn't exactly lose sleep if it's not.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
That line, to me, felt like an 'explanation' to the readers as to why Brek still had an ice arm, in a 31st century where he could theoretically have a replacement any time he wanted.

(Granted, on Earth, in hiding, it's plausible that he couldn't get access to the necessary medical treatment, during Lightning Saga. But for him to still have the ice-arm during Lo3W begins to poke at credulity, and perhaps Paul felt the urge to explain that away. It's not like he can't get the surgery / replacement at any time, and right now, there might be a little bit of stubborn pride in the ice-arm as a badge, to remind the people of Earth what they took from him, and, now that Earth-Man is on the team, to flaunt in his face.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it also helps him get chicks! (remember that panel from issue one!)

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, but what woman is really going to want a hand made of ice touching her?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I am remembering the time I made a friend of mine lick the ice in the freezer when we were kids, and *shudder* yeahhh somehow I think an ice arm would have the opposite effect to getting chicks, lol.. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
In the future, everything will be a kink. Especially in the vicinity of Tharr.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Polar Boy couldn't go home then because his arm would constantly be melting. That would be sad and could add substance to his character. Come to think of it, it makes you wonder why Polar Boy choses such warm-looking costumes.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
If Polar Boy gives himself a new look then he should definately change his hair style as well.
The current one makes him look like the villian The Icicle, and makes Brek look evil in general.
Maybe he should go back to wearing a hat .... or how about even a touqe! Touques are all the fashion craze these days and Brek would be setting a trend in the super-hero world if he sported one in this new series.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'd suggest a do-rag, but that would make Brek look too much like Ultimate Ice Man. [shrug]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.