Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Wildfire (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wildfire
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm maybe a lingering effect of the miracle machine when he was in it. (which is funny in retrospect that he didnt think to do that (make himself human) while he was in it LOL)

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
...I think most of us walk around with a set of issues whose severity varies depending on where we are during our lives, but from my experience people don't really change all that much.

Huh. Well, I don't agree with this at all. Some people change tremendously over time, even if the nature of those changes aren't readily noticeable to casual observers.

Maybe there's a built-in disadvantage to portraying that kind of change in superhero comics, though-- where life isn't known for its overall subtlety. [Big Grin]

At any rate, Wildfire is one of those characters who I neither really like nor dislike.* I would like to see him evolve but not in the customary turn-'em-into-an-insane-hateful-psycho-or-cringing-doormat way that too often passes as "change" in superhero comics. If that's the only option then, yeah. Leave him as-is.

*Wait. I lied. When he called Dr. Gym'll a pest to his face, I kind of almost loved Wildfire.

[ July 17, 2010, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I think that in the "Charred Earth" imaginary future,(I think that's what those annuals were called) having WILDFIRE be the die-hard, flag waving, inspirational leader made sense in terms of the evolution of the character.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.