Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Comics Buyer Guide Interview: Legion of Three Worlds is Not in Continuity! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Comics Buyer Guide Interview: Legion of Three Worlds is Not in Continuity!
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up the Comics Buyers Guide with the Legion. Among the articles is a Levitz interview.

"Only the pre-1990 series and the first two Johns stories--and whatever still-unwritten bits happened in between--will 'count'.

"But what about 'Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds'? That was a third Johns-written story with the 'original' Legion; it guest-starred the 'Zero Hour' Legion and the 'Threeboot' Legion. Many important things happened there that would greatly affect any Legion story, such as the death of Legion founder and financier R.J. Brande. Are those things not part of the new Legion continuity?

"'Not necessarily', Levitz said. 'Or at least they may never be mentioned again. Only time will tell.'"

I've yet to see this bombshell mentioned either on this board ot the DC board. (Although in the specific case of Brande's death we do know that that still counts, since Adventure #11 is about his will.) (Edit: The Brande's will story was not written by Levitz.)

[ July 12, 2010, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. That *IS* a pretty big bomb to drop there. Interesting.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
That's good news for me, at least. Never read it. Probably never will.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
Well maybe we can pretend Rond never died then...

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
odd, given Gates' appearance last issue ... the Sodom Yat stuff too ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by thinbalion:
Well maybe we can pretend Rond never died then...

This would make me very happy!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and my mistake. The Brande's will story was not written by Levitz, so this doesn't mean that he counts Brande as being dead. The use of Gates and Sodam Yat, however, do seem to be L3W elements that Levitz is using.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps he's only using elements of the story he finds useful or feels he can develop further.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
This good news about Legion of Three Worlds no longer being in continuity possibly. However it does make the series even more pointless then it was already.

However I do think Brande is still dead because if he is not the solicit for next weeks Adventure is really, really wrong.

quote:
ADVENTURE COMICS returns to its historical numbering with this issue just in time for Paul Levitz to retell the Legion's origins! Everything begins on a somber note reflecting on the past with "The Last Will and Testament of R.J. Brande"!

[ July 10, 2010, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: stuorstew ]

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
This also means Kinetic may no longer be dead which is good news indeed.
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Perhaps he's only using elements of the story he finds useful or feels he can develop further.

Since that seems to be his approach even to the pre-1990 stuff, it wouldn't surprise me!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
This also means Kinetic may no longer be dead which is good news indeed.

I have the feeling she's gonna "pop out" of the Black Witch along with Mordru one of these days.
stuorstew
Active

I agree and it cannot happen soon enough for me

When she does if they can find a way to turn her back in to the cat girl she was for awhile that would be great too.

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
As long as I get my Zoe back I am happy. She was the best part of the reboot, IMO.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw this in CBG too but didn't find it all that exciting. I think that's going to be Paul's general approach to anything continuity-mess related from Crisis to now: Paul will cherry pick all the best stuff that works for him.

We'll just have to keep that other thread going as each issue comes out and we can confirm what's what!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.