Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Comics Buyer Guide Interview: Legion of Three Worlds is Not in Continuity! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Comics Buyer Guide Interview: Legion of Three Worlds is Not in Continuity!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

Personally, I would preferred they just said, "Hey, we've fucked up the Legion pretty badly these past twenty years. Sorry. We're just going to give the title to Paul Levitz, let him do an "All-Star Legion" with the continuity being whatever the hell he wants, and, uh, hope you guys like it."

I would love to have seen that solicit!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
<Snip>
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:

"'Not necessarily', Levitz said. 'Or at least they may never be mentioned again. Only time will tell.'"

My gut check on this is that he just will never mention The S-Prime/Trapper thing again. Not dwell on the fact that there are two other Legions out there...possibly never mention them again in continuity (at least while he's writing)).

Again just my feeling on this. I think it's obvious that the overall arc of the story happened...he's just not feeling salvish to every detail.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I found a picture of CBG #1668.

-

I really should get a subsciption to this mag, as my CBS does not carry it, and $24.95 is a very good price.

http://www.cbgxtra.com/

[ July 11, 2010, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Dev.

-

[edit...looks like you beat me to it.]

[ July 11, 2010, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
that cover is killer, everybody looks awesome and they're all jumping of the page to kick my nass!!!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Should have been the cover to LSH#1.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I totally agree with you Nightcrawler! That would have been the utimate cover for #1.

Oh well, looks like I have to hunt this book down and buy a copy ... you know, just to complete my collection.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you also Gary.

The Legion has been getting some love from CBG, heres the cover they had during L3W,

-

Whens the last time the Legion got a Wizard cover if ever?

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[thinks of saying something about Lightning Lad's... unfortunate placement]

[thinks better of it]

[sigh]

No matter what the angle, boob windows are effing stupid.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I have the issue of CBG and will gladly trade it to anyone for Adventure #247! [Big Grin]

I also agree with Dev. This is more of the same...nothing surprsing here. I just want Paul to tell his Legion story. It will make sense later.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The top picture, Garth looks kinda like Liefield drew him! Same hair that Rob put on everyone, same gaping mouth as they shout at the camera...

Chameleon Girl looks good, though. I actually like her with hair in that picture, which I never thought I'd say. Sun Boy's posture is neat, too.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the bizarre "visit-to-the-dentist" look on Garth, Jo, and Dirk in the top picture is kind of disturbing.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Yeah, the bizarre "visit-to-the-dentist" look on Garth, Jo, and Dirk in the top picture is kind of disturbing.

They look like Dragonball Z characters, frankly.

I still prefer it to the other one, in which they all look bloated.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Hey, if you've got the best that 31st Century dentistry has to offer, why not flaunt it?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh man ... now I have to get my hands on BOTH of the CBG issues!
The completist in me screams for justice!!!
[Smile]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.