Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » So, Mr. Levitz, please explain . (SPOILER WARNING!) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, Mr. Levitz, please explain . (SPOILER WARNING!)
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow.... I never even thought of Dawnstar as a potential herald of Galactus but that would make so much sense! Plus if chosen she would get a power ampage (probably incredible strength and added invulnerability for space).

Nice call Set! [Yes]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I would also make a smiliar argument for Matter-Eater Lad who was all over the Super-titles during all that Krypton/20th century Espionage Squad/hijinks-mess-- exposing him to more comicbook readers than had seen him in probably since the TMK era... and then he promptly and uncerimoniously disappeared once Mr. Levitz launched # 1.

I think Paul does it because Tenzil and Lar are hard to write for because they're on the opposite end of the power spectrum.
But BOTH of them have been shown to be effective players if handled right.
Tenzil as a HQ support staff, lawyer or teacher have all been done well and he's a great personality, majorly superior to some of the more powerful and scenic legionnaires.
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Perhaps the original plan was to give Mon-El a solo title as a GL wandering the universe rebuilding the corps??

I'd be for that, IF, a BIG if, that's what was planned.
But like Double Chinner said, Paul's history with Lar, and Tenzil, is very bad.
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I'm surprised anybody really thinks Mon-El's being written out of the Legion. You know he'll be back, right? Mon-El himself said almost as much.

Yeah, like he was 'back' in the other pre-boot stories.
Seeing him in a panel or two every few years isn't a very good 'back' to me.

And THIS Lar wasn't supposed to be the weaker, angst ridden hero he was in the original boot.
Cham told him before he went into the Zone, that he would have friends waiting for him when he got out, friends and a good life.

Just because a writer wasn't part of a development doesn't mean it's okay to just trash everything.
And Levitz has gone out of his way to undo John's and Robinson's work.
I've found that to be very frustrating, much more so than Nura's hair.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner Brainy, who is already a gear-dependent Legionnaire (needing his force shield belt to survive the average Legion encounter), would make a *terrifying* Green Lantern, able to create any sort of machinery he can envision (and he can envision stuff like time machines!) with a thought.
Do power rings have time travel capabilities? I seem to recall they did but I wouldn't put money on it.

[ December 25, 2010, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Lucifer07 ]

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer07:
Do power rings have time travel capabilities? I seem to recall they did but I wouldn't put money on it.

Generally, they seem to have 'do whatever the wielder can imagine' capabilities, up until they slam into plot restrictions. And Brainy can imagine more than most...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that in the cartoon, Time Bubble tech seems to be something that every Legionnaire just carries around with them. Y'know, like a wallet or a set of car keys. In the Season Two opener, you can see Phantom Girl lending her tech to Brainy. It looks sort of like an air freshener with B5's head-markings on it.

You'd also have to hope that kids in the future get really rigorous psych profiling and hours of training before they're allowed to carry that kind of thing around. Oh, and since Legionnaires don't seem to have pockets or tote bags, you can only assume that the tech flattens out immediately once it's tucked neatly between your skin surface and your costume. Sort of like Cap's shield did when he strapped it to his back under his civilian clothes.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
It looks sort of like an air freshener with B5's head-markings on it.

"Loan me your time machine."
"No, that was a a Pez dispenser..."

quote:
You'd also have to hope that kids in the future get really rigorous psych profiling and hours of training before they're allowed to carry that kind of thing around.
Oops, Matter-Eater Lad just accidentally destroyed the time-space continuum again!

Gosh, no wonder there's a Time Trapper, and an Iron Curtain of Time! Those darn Legionnaires keep breaking the world!

quote:
Oh, and since Legionnaires don't seem to have pockets or tote bags, you can only assume that the tech flattens out immediately once it's tucked neatly between your skin surface and your costume.
Still wanting to know what the Legionnaires with pouches keep in those pouches. Handcuffs, to bind prisoners? Expandable survival shelters, in case they get caught in a hostile environment with civilians to protect? Snacks? Spare change? Galactic Express Inerton Card, don't leave home without it? Spell components? Multi-purpose lotion? Tsotches? Sprockets?

quote:
Sort of like Cap's shield did when he strapped it to his back under his civilian clothes.
Ditto Iron Man's armor or Angel's wings. (Ouchie! Doesn't that hurt?)

And we still don't know where Connor McLeod kept that katana hidden away when he was wearing on a short jacket... o.O

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
...Still wanting to know what the Legionnaires with pouches keep in those pouches. Handcuffs, to bind prisoners? Expandable survival shelters, in case they get caught in a hostile environment with civilians to protect? Snacks? Spare change? Galactic Express Inerton Card, don't leave home without it? Spell components? Multi-purpose lotion? Tsotches? Sprockets?...

Maybe you could start a thread just for this.

[Yes]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.