Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Brainy is useless!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brainy is useless!
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you mean to say, that after all these years, after dwelling in the age of scientific wonder and miracle, that Brainy hasn't developed some tech to defend/protect against telepathy and/or mind control?

What good is he? [Razz] [Brainiac 5 - Re-Imagined]

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Big Computer itself said that he performs the least feats of any Legionnaire!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
In the words of LittleKuriboh, mind control is integral to the plot! The writers need plot devices in order to have an ending.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Feh. Lurium helmets. Adventure Comics #303.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
No, they itch me and I never feel pretty in them.

[Membrain - 75th Century]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
^^That's actually consistent with canon. Lightning Lad, for example, was made immune to the sort of hypnosis that Starfinger originally put him under. Likewise, Rond Vidar is immune to Universo's mind control, but not necessarily to other forms of mind control. Given that lurium helmets were only used against Meglaro, one can speculate that they were specifically attuned to his particular form of thought control.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
But is he always susceptible to it, or only to the kind from Olympic-level telepaths like SQ?

(And have I mentioned lately that SQ is pretty much my favorite thing about the Levitz retroboot so far?)

[Brainiac 5] [Saturn Queen]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't it be cool for Saturn Queen and Emerald Empress to appear in a storyline together? I have a feeling they'd be the type of women who pretend to be friends to each others faces, but scheme against each other behind each others backs.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the current LSV isn't known for harmonious relationships at all, Malvolio. (And I'm not sure it's ever been, but somebody else will have to remind me.) Though it seems like Atta is pretty loyal to SQ. I guess due in some part to her home planet being matriarchal.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rond Vidar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rond Vidar           Edit/Delete Post     
<cough> yes, he is useless <cough>

no comment. He is my best friend of course.

[ November 11, 2012, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Rond Vidar ]

From: Always right on time. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Hey, Rond! Just read your debut. You totally rocked that home space-permanent! (Looks like you and Allon both liked the same brand.)

[Wink]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That yellow jump suit was pretty snazzy too!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Brainy just likes getting his mind stimulated... telepathically.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.