Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure 526 (preview, etc.) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure 526 (preview, etc.)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Got link?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice cover.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful work by Jimenez... sorry to see him go... interior art looked good...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Best cover yet for the Academy series.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll always have a sentimental preference for NG's Eighties look (straight hair, cute veil-like cape) but since Jimenez draws so nice the "retro" look has kind of grown on me.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked her 80's look, too.

This one is okay except for the key hole and eye placement on the owl.
One or the other might be okay, but the two, especially by Borges, is rather obscene, imo.

Am I the only one who thinks it's creepy that there are parts of Condo at the library?

And, Chuck's comment about giving the Legion what it needs was interesting.
Does that mean they might be sending some freshman to the front?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a fan of the keyhole thing either, Candle. But better that than boob windshields-- er, windows.

[sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I did really like Night Girl's 80's look, but I love the beehive and full bodysuit so much more, there's just something really elegant about it. It's the same reason my favourite Shadow Lass costume is the full bodysuit with high collared cape. Not EVERY woman in comics needs to have her boobs all hangin' out everywhere....

While I like the art STYLE in this preview enough, that cutout on Lydda's costume just looks silly and gross, especially with the eyeholes of the owl cut out as well.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I had to go back and look again, I missed all the scandalous stuff!

Dragonwing does have a more rounded face, and a less pale tone, it seems. I do like her better with the thinner, eyebrow-less pallor. Although, with her commentary about killing and stuff, I'm less enamored of the idea of the 'goth chick' being typecast as dark minded.

I guess I watch too much NCIS, 'cause now I associate 'goth chick' with disturbingly cheerful. [Smile]

I'm less bothered by Night Girl's boob window or the placement of the eyes on her hooters, than her strange posture. Who stands like that? Chuck looks a little off in that scene as well, less like a heavyset man, and more like a melted wax figure of a man.

Gravity Kid's gonna have to work on that 'my pants disappear when I use my powers' problem he's got going on. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

I can relate. My pants disappear when I use my powers, too.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Dragonwing thing is just due to the different artist, though I have no doubt that she'll end up looking a lot more like a normal redhead if she becomes a long-term character....same as Chemical Kid will most likely lose his Asian features; a lot of comic book artists have really bad sameface problem unfortunately....

I didn't notice the posture so much first time around but I went back and had a look, and she kind of looks like she's trying to drink without spilling any on herself - which makes me think she's already had more than a few kono juices, and a Rokk dunn knoowww what'ee's missin' out on*hic* rant is just around the corner, lol

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

The lead story was fun and everything we've come to expect from the Academy series.

The backup story was a surprise. I'll admit that I was not Moy's biggest fan during his run on the Legion. I was not expecting to get all nostalgic and sappy feeling over his portrayal of XS, but that's exactly what happened. He's welcome to come back for guest appearances and backup stories like this anytime IMO.

We finally get the story on Rokk and Lydda's break up and her status with the Legion proper. Jenni's reaction to Lydda's offer made me proud of her. Levitz captured her personality and spirit.

RE: The letters page. A letter from Neil Ahlquist printed in an actual comic book letters page. It's been too long, baby. Talk about getting all nostalgic and sappy feeling...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Jenni's reaction to Lydda's offer made me proud of her. Levitz captured her personality and spirit.

i don't agree about levitz capturing XS' personality so well.
first of all, Click Here For A Spoileri don't remember her being a loner. in fact, even at the time her legion disbanded cause of the "legion lost" event, i believe she joined other heroes on xanthu or something.
so, why should XS now lock herself up, alone, in a shack (in africa, cause that's where black people go)? making a mosaic (which has to be a metaphor for something, i guess, but i didn't get it)? if the legion was so important for her, why didn't she stay with the team, just like gates did? i think the sense of lydda's proposal was about this point, about XS' levitz-invented need of loneliness.
and why XS doesn't warn the legion about the visions she has at the end of the story? she sounds bitter and selfish, instead, thinking something like "whatever, let the legion handle the problem if there is one after all". not very heroic to me!
let's say that levitz had to write XS out of the legion book and didn't know how to do it, so he wrote down this pointless story which hasn't any meaning at all.

the art wasn't that good either, gut i guess it was because the artist got rushed.

[ May 05, 2011, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Kayak ]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.