Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related August 2011 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion-related August 2011 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

ADVENTURE COMICS #529
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by GERALDO BORGES and MARLO ALQUIZA
Cover by FRANCIS PORTELA
The final, fatal battle for the Legion Academy freshman class. Is this the end of the Academy at Cosmic King’s hand?
On sale AUGUST 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Click for fullsize image

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #16
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art and cover by YILDIRAY CINAR and JONATHAN GLAPION
The finale to the battle with the Legion of Super-Villains! Like many of the Legion’s past encounters with the LSV, one Legionnaire will not survive it.
On sale AUGUST 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Earth Man?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Why does Cosmic King have the same power effect as Cosmic Boy? Is this a new Cosmic King from Braal?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Yildray suggested on Twitter that there is some mis-direction on that LSH cover - which leads me to believe it might be Tyroc. Will be furious if so.

I'll be annoyed whoever it is though - even Earth Man. This dull story won't be improved by being made more 'important' for having killed off a member during it IMO.

Adventure looks great, on the other hand. Portela is such a fantastic artist but it's annoying that the colourists continue to make mistakes with Legionnaires' hair - Chuck going from black to brown all of a sudden.

I guess Phil is officially off the book now too. [Frown] That's a shame. Borges is a good replacement but Phil was doing some of the best work of his career here and seemed to be really excited about the job. I wonder what happened?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
phil is doing the variant cover for Teen Titans #100.

as for the death, I hope it s NOT Tyroc.....better not! It certainly looks like that way...maybe its one of the Legion Super Villains who is a mole? I hope so.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
It might not be a misdirection in the color of the hand, which looks pink when it's really green or gold, as well as, black/brown.

The hand may have been made more masculine than one would think for say, Ayla.

It could also be a very large hand without a glove.
Or a very small one.

[ May 17, 2011, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not a hand at all, it's Laser Apes prehensile foot! <choke> *sob*
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Retconnery
Licensed to take a pill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean Retconnery   Email Sean Retconnery         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a theory that it's a freshly promoted Academy Grad under the flag. My scenario is: All hands on deck against the LSV; a quick field promotion to the main team followed by an even quicker promotion to Valhalla. It would be a devious plot twist. Just as we started to care about <Insert favourite student> Splat! Of course this theory is equally likely to add to the large pile of reasons why I don't write comic books [Smile]

--------------------
Whaddya mean I'm out of continuity?

From: Manila | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes,kill Earth Man... Please!
I don't want Levitz kill Gim! The poor man was killed too many times (in Superboys' Legion,in zero hour, in reboot).
Neither want he kill Sun Boy (he died in 5GP, he did not exist in the reboot, and died the third version in Legion Of 3 Worlds.
Element Lad is not an option, for the same reasons (he died in the reboot and the threboot)
The only one that it deserves to die is Earth Man.
But surely it was not importing for them anything what the fans think and what will fall down he will be a great favorite of all.
In addition with two versions of every character, always they can turn it to bringing from his parallel dimension. (Ultra Boy, Star Boy, Timber Wolf, Cosmic Boy).
Or kill Chameleon Girl after all.

[ May 17, 2011, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: EmeraldEmpress ]

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Dragonwing's cloaky thing looks amazing on that cover! Such an awesome visual when people put effort into it! [Smile]

I am not in love with Cosmic King having magnetic power effects, but I AM enjoying that he's being used (I was wondering why he wasn't in the LSV with Mekt and Saturn Queen so far), and hopefully this will set him up as a major leagues bad guy.

While I would prefer no more gratuitious comic book deaths, I will GLADLY accept Earth-Man being killed. In fact I would be more than willing to accept a bland story otherwise if that cretin dies for good. [Razz]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Earth Man dying to save Shadow Lass sounds a good way to finish him off. But what would the implications be with EarthGov if their drafted member is the one who gets it?

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm against the idea of Earth Man dying for a number of reasons...

1. He was a great villain in the Action Comics arc IMO and I feel he has a lot more stories left in that role.

2. Though I was somewhat buying into his reformation storyline (and was enjoying the friction he was bringing to the team) the simple fact is that he should never have been on this team in the first place - the Legion would NEVER allow someone who had killed a colleague of theirs (Double-Header), as well as who knows however many other people, onto their team - and I think it was bad storytelling that ever let this situation come to pass. But that said, I don't think a heroic(?) death for him is the logical or preferred ending to this storyline. This all needs to have been a trick by the Legion to lure his ex-teammates out of hiding or something. I need a better reason for the Legion's actions in this mess than they're just cool with murderers now, or that they were too spineless to stand up to EarthGov.

3. It's such a cliche to have the bad guy see the error of his ways and then die trying to do something good (assuming that's how he goes out). The LSH should be a book of innovation - not re-treads.

[ May 17, 2011, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Misdirection, eh? Yera?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[finds a quiet corner to tear out own hair in peace]

[No]

Everyone already knows how I feel about the death-n-resurrection merry-go-round. No need to go into all that again...

[Roll Eyes]

Sometimes the argument is that one character should die to let the creative team explore another character's personality more fully. But all I can say about that is: Looking at Brande's death and the way this incarnation of Cham's been portrayed, obviously this strategy doesn't always work so well.

It would be both hideously and hilariously an act of bravura on DC's part if it was Brainy who got bumped off, but... still not something I really want to see. Even if he does suck way too much oxygen out of the room.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I certainly think that killing heroes is a lame, if realistic, and lazy way of storytelling.
Trite.

I think that some good points have been made already, two of which I want to highlight: it's probably someone we all care about
and EM needs to go back publicly, to being the monster that he really is.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.