Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super Heroes Archive #13 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion of Super Heroes Archive #13
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
Was just over on Amazon finally ordering a copy of the The Curse deluxe edition, and saw this pop up in the sugestion box and being released in March. After a 9 year stretch with no new Archive volumes for the Legion I thought they were pretty much done. Maybe my wish of them getting all the way up to the Omega story in this format might come true someday after all [Mad]
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
DC solicit. This archive covers EarthWar, I think?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
DC solicit. This archive covers EarthWar, I think?

nope....Earthwar started after #240...IIRC.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
You do get the introduction of Dawnstar and the death of Chemical King in those issues, but not Earth War.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic Fatal Five story as well, which is what the cover is depicting. (#231? I can't quite remember...)
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool cover... having all the original issues, I'm not going to buy the book though. Maybe later when a bargain hits me [Smile]
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
231 is correct for that FF story.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
One thing to keep in mind is that with archives produced the last two years, DC is doing the print run as print to order and is no longer keeping new archives (or even older ones ) in continuous print any longer. So get your archives while you can.

Here's a link from a DC archives forum listing the archives currently out of print or in danger of going out of print

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/topic/9259/Out-of-Print-DC-Archives

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember 232 as being drawn by Steve Ditko, who despite his greatness, was NOT a good fit for the Legion, IMHO. For one thing, someone forgot to show him what R. J. Brande [Smile] was supposed to look like, so Ditko drew him as a clean-shaven bald dude. [LOL]

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
R.J. was experimenting with different looks during that period, hence the Grell super-sexy version of him as well!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...no Karate Kid issues included? I thought the Legion Archives were going to start including them when that era came around. After all, archive 12 had KK # 1.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect the Legion appearances from KK will be included in the next volume, which, if I recall from previous calculations, is either going to be really short if they don't include Earthwar, or really long if they do.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Charlemagne:
I remember 232 as being drawn by Steve Ditko, who despite his greatness, was NOT a good fit for the Legion, IMHO. For one thing, someone forgot to show him what R. J. Brande [Smile] was supposed to look like, so Ditko drew him as a clean-shaven bald dude. [LOL]

Yeah, Ditko on the Legion was simply terrible. When I started collecting comics in the 90s I really hated his issues. It was only later that I learned that he was a legend and parent to Spiderman. But I have to confess that I'm not a big fan of the original Spiderman issues as well [No]
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
 -

Hey! I made that fake cover years ago... I think. It was for a DC Archives site, if I'm remembering correctly. I don't remember adding the Wildfire figure, but they're all originally Mike Grell commissions that were done individually and I stuck 'em all together.

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.