Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super Heroes Archive #13 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion of Super Heroes Archive #13
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Ditko didn't draw any LSH issues until the 260s- if I recall correctly.

232 is drawn by Ric Estrada... not that you would know, because it is inked so heavily by Jack Abel it might as well have been completely done by Jack Abel. (see also: the complete Abel-ization of Walt Simonson's issue a few months later).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Hmmm...no Karate Kid issues included? I thought the Legion Archives were going to start including them when that era came around. After all, archive 12 had KK # 1.

Given the turnover at DC since those days, I doubt if there's anyone left in their reprints department that remembers that decision. And that was also before the invention of Showcase Presents, which, for my money, would be a better outlet for the KK series.

Plus, KK # 1 was Paul Levitz's first ever Legion assignment, and the only issue that he officially wrote (he had # 2 plotted when the series was taken away from him). It was included for that reason as much as anything.

DC has all but abandoned their Archive line -- it isn't the robust line that it once was, and so expectations have to adjust accordingly. It might as well be print-on-demand now, given the low, one-time-only print runs.

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually for whatever reason the archive program at DC is having an upturn. The number of archives released/solicited this year have more than doubled over last year.
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This is in my hands at the moment!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Jealous^

I know where I'm going on lunch today.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! Why have we never discussed groovy one shot villain Tseln of Thaun?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember him. This calls for an EDE review, STATalicious!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked it up this week, I must of missed DC Special #28 the first time around.

When did they switch to thinner paper for the Archives? It's noticeably thinner than Vol 12 with about the same number of pages.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of just skimmed through and definitely will be reading more closely, but I'd say Dream Girl was used much more in this period than I really remembered.

I had the same reaction as EDE to Tseln!

I liked the mock-up cover better than the real one.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
Ditko didn't draw any LSH issues until the 260s- if I recall correctly.

232 is drawn by Ric Estrada... not that you would know, because it is inked so heavily by Jack Abel it might as well have been completely done by Jack Abel. (see also: the complete Abel-ization of Walt Simonson's issue a few months later).

I loved Abel's work on Curt Swan during the Mordru storyline, but hated his work on just about every other artist. He did a really bland job of inking George Perez on an issue of Avengers around issue 194.
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

I liked the mock-up cover better than the real one.

Yeah, I really dislike that cover. One of my least favorites of the Archives.
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally I think that Jack Abel would have been a lot better than most of the inkers assigned to Jimmy Janes pencils.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.