Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mysteries of the Legion Academy (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mysteries of the Legion Academy
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I decided to start a thread which would be about those unnamed members of the Legion Academy. Those dozens of unnamed cadets who appeared during the Silver Age, those unnamed cadets from the Reboot Legion, the United Planets Military Cadets of the FYL, and those unnamed applicants with their own unique powers and appearances...

*"Balm" or "Oceangirl": The green skinned woman who, at first glance, you would believe had water or sea-based powers, but turned out to have super-speed.
*"Herculean Lad" or "Olympian Lad": That big, blonde, peach-skinned fellow who sort of resembled Hercules.
*"Tank": The big red and yellow fellow with the small, purple head.
*"Box" or "That Floating Box Thing That's Sort of Like Quislet and Computo Combined"
*The Skreaks

I haven't started a new thread and ages. So who wants to pick up the ball?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Thanks to Travis Ellisor for the image.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I decided to start a thread which would be about...those unnamed cadets from the Reboot Legion,...

And here they are, including the infamous Floating Foxlike Creature Boy (who Chris Batista once described as a Rocket Raccoon homage prior to Rocket's revival under Giffen & DnA):
 -

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Um.... not to argue with you Kid Quantum 2, but I think there are 21 trainees there.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if it's the same-same costumes everyone has on, but the robot dude (Babbage?) is the only one that jumps out at me from that scene.

The hopefuls from the Baxter series #14, on the other hand, seemed much more distinctive and intriguing to me.

'Tiger Girl,' Energy Boy and 'Flotsam & Jetsam' seem potentially cool, as do backgrounders like Westerner and 'Urk.'

I've always had a soft spot for Visi-Lad, too. (Or his googly-eyed Marvel counterpart, Peepers / Occult, of Mutant Force / the Resistants.)

[ December 13, 2011, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

And what about the boy asking if it was fair that Polar Boy is trying out? Or that space whale guy?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Um.... not to argue with you Kid Quantum 2, but I think there are 21 trainees there.

Let us not malign the mathematical prowess of Xanthu's finest.

Obviously two of them are the same person who has the ability to split into two separate power forms! The question is......WHICH TWO?

(Also, the big guy standing next to Kent Shakespeare...is that Stone Boy??)

I miss Legion World [Frown]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:

Obviously, the all-white one has the power of perceptual individuality - they're there, but their power is to be ignored by anyone and everyone [Wink]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
(Also, the big guy standing next to Kent Shakespeare...is that Stone Boy??)

I miss Legion World [Frown]

I think Chris Batista once told that said character was intended to be a revamped/merged Stone Boy/Bloc combo.

quote:
And what about the boy asking if it was fair that Polar Boy is trying out? Or that space whale guy?

Yes on Polar Boy (who had tried out in the mid-90s too). No idea on the other.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I think Chris Batista once told that said character was intended to be a revamped/merged Stone Boy/Bloc combo.

-
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
Stone Boy for sure. I always meantfor Blok to be his own charcter. Thought it would be cool if this Stone Boy had some kind of power over earth matter.

And, remembering that...
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
I want everyone to keep in mind that there was very little time to create these characters. It would have been nice if they had all been mapped out in advance. I tried to get a few classics in there for the fans but the book had to get done. I'm glad that they were received well in spite of the rush.

...here's some other ones he mentioned and gave ideas for in this thread (I've left out ones that he had no ideas for, and snipped a couple of mentions of characters that had already been rebooted in significant roles, like Mysa)...

[to be continued. Ran up against image limit!]

--------------------

Reboot

continued from previous post, Chris Batista's cadet ideas...

•  -
    "I think she... may have been immensely strong due to her manipulation of her mass.
  •  -
    "May have been Reflecto...Did'nt want him to look like every other caucasion Legionaire."
  •  -
    "My tribute to Rocket Racoon, Pakrat from Atari Force and Starfox. He would be very fast and incredibly agile. Like trying to catch a squirrel. Fun loving prankster but very feral when cornered. Never gave him a name. Any suggestions?
  •  -
    Never had a name but was definetly going to be aquatic based. Got that shark/dolphin hybrid look.
  •  -
    May have been a valley girl Negative Man. Similar powers without the drawback of leaving your helpless body behind.
  •  -
    "reptilian speedster. Needs containment suit to harness powers. Powers would not be the same as XS's powers. Would'nt need to run to access speed.
  •  -
    "Inspired by LiveWire(superman animated series.)but with spectral powers."
  •  -
    "Brilliant Psionic. Mental processing can manifest psionically. Who says Brainy is the only smart one."

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Oh. Oh this is too perfect. Thank you! [Smile]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
That info is all kinds of inspiring! Thanks Reboot!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome ideas!
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:

•  -
    Never had a name but was definetly going to be aquatic based. Got that shark/dolphin hybrid look.
  •  -
    May have been a valley girl Negative Man. Similar powers without the drawback of leaving your helpless body behind.

Don't really see the dolphin/shark resemblance for the first time.

As for the second, would she have gotten along well with Comet Queen?

quote:
Click for fullsize image

Thanks to Travis Ellisor for the image.

Nightwind looks so intimidating in that shot. Why wasn't she made a Legionnaire again? [Nightwind]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
See this thread for previous speculation on various unnamed Academy members!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.