Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related April 2012 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion-related April 2012 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
wait till you see what Yildiray has in mind for Founder's Night...you'll never guess who's dancing with each other.

Garth and Rokk?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
wait till you see what Yildiray has in mind for Founder's Night...you'll never guess who's dancing with each other.

NIght Girl and Saturn Girl?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Proty and Krypto?

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I dig staring at that Lightle cover.
I think I'll go stare some more.

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Dan Didio and Mark Waid?
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
"I don't think comics are particularly fun when they focus on politics"

I must disagree with Mr Levitz on a minor point. Comic books are entirely based on relationships, and all relationships are political.

What do you mean that all relationships are political?
pol·i·tics-
( functioning as singular or plural ) any activity concerned with the acquisition of power, gaining one's own ends, etc: company politics are frequently vicious.

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:

quote:
. . . the retro book has given us nine new Legionnaires. Seven are female (Chameleon Girl, Night Girl, XS, Comet Queen, Dragonfire, Glorith, & Harmonia) and two are male (Gates, Chemical Kid). Its nice to see us getting closer to the gender balance we had during the reboot.

Ummm, Chameleon Girl is LOST (along with Dawnstar), Night Girl is at the Academy as a teacher rather than as a Legionnaire, XS has totally left the Legion and is mentioned nowhere in the timeline, while Harmonia is in the Legion but not in any uniform so she may just be working with Brainy and trying to mentor Jan on his rode to enlightenment, rather than as a true Legionnaire. She's really too old, isn't she?

And Gates may not be gender specifically male or female, especially in the DCnU.

But, I like your general thinking on having more women in the Legion!
[Yes]

Gates has always been refered to with masculine pronouns (as has Tellus and Quislet), so I respect this precedent. The gender of any given Durlan (Cham Girl), however, mightbe subject for debate.
I haven't always been happy with Levitz's treatment of female Legionnaires, but IMHO he redeems himself with the introduction of Glorith, Comet Queen, Dragonfire, and Harmonia; nevertheless, the exact status of the latter remains undetermed, as does that of XS.

I'm still hoping that the Academy will include discovered versions of Kinetix, Andromeda, Kid Quantum (I or II), Lonestar, Gazelle, and so forth, as well as Danielle Foccart.

[The Dreamer - 853rd Century] [Titan Girl - 853rd Century]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by gone:
Umm... is that Etrigan on that cover?

He doesn't meet the Legion age requirement.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by gone:
Umm... is that Etrigan on that cover?

No. It is not Etrigan on that cover.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
quote:

Dan Didio and Mark Waid?
Cos and Garth?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Argh! Still waiting on this!

R.J. Brande and the Every Ten Years Monster?

Computo and Satan Girl?

Who will it be!!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to feast my eyes on new Lightle Legion art!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.