Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Action Comics #6 Preview/ Reviews (Spoilers) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Action Comics #6 Preview/ Reviews (Spoilers)
ajohns2012
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajohns2012           Edit/Delete Post     
It's up on comicbookresources.com, specifically:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11285

Morrison, embedded time travel and the Legion. Trippy stuff.

[ February 01, 2012, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Dave Hackett ]

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm...the fact that the pitch describes the Legion as 'suspiciously different' makes me think maybe this isn't actually our Legion at all and they are capitalising on Superman's fuzzy memories of the future to scam him...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
hmmm...the fact that the pitch describes the Legion as 'suspiciously different' makes me think maybe this isn't actually our Legion at all and they are capitalising on Superman's fuzzy memories of the future to scam him...

They are certainly suspiciously different. "Imra Ardeen" (no -Ranzz) from Saturn's "rebel moon". And Imra needing to explain she is telepathic to Rokk? And that's ignoring the ages, costumes and Man/Woman names.

Of course all of these could be down to Morrison's story-telling.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think she was explaining it to Rokk, I think it was just playful banter after he accused her of being a groupie.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe this is Morrison's way of retconning the original Adult Legion (which was retconned to be an alternate universe back in #300). Or, to remain consistent with #300, it could even be a previously unseen adult legion. There are, after all, an infinite number of possibilities, including this being the three founders of the LSV in disguise (I haven't seen Rokk do anything magnetic yet).

[ January 27, 2012, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: the Hermit ]

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I really don't care for the art. I hate the costumes, but that's a minor point in a possibly-imaginary/maybe-alternate-timeline type story. The dialog from both the K-villains and the "Legionnaires" seems forced. People don't talk like that, unless its to small children and I am no small children. [Smile] I won't be buying it, but (sigh) y'all let me know if any important happens...

[Fruit Boy] [Rainbow Girl]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see why people think this can be anything *except* the Adult Legion. Remember that the Adult Legion appeared--still as an alternate timeline--in Superman/Batman (along with the Adult LSV). This was several years pre-Flashpoint, but it's still modern enough that you don't need to be a fan of 30 year old stories to know about it.

Even if it's the LSV in disguise it's probably the LSV from the alternate timeline disguised as the Adult Legion from the alternate timeline.

I must say, though, that what little we saw in #5 disappointed me. When you hear that the Legion shows up in a story related to Superman's origin, you'd think they'd have something to do with the origin, like, I don't know, recruiting him as a member as Superboy and generally appearing as contemporaries of his younger self. Having them appear by time travel and alternate timelines is a copout.

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice how they kept Rokk's receding hairline.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Dark Circle ? is that them?? page 2.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Holy Crow on a stick that was great. No spoilers, but a good legion issue with awesome little touches (Garth's arm!). I want more Morrison Legion. Now, please.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was silly

Click Here For A SpoilerIt was called when Superman learned to fly but should really have been when superman first flew with a flight ring when he was about 10. Ten years after that he still couldn't fly

Click Here For A Spoilerthe villains were in Superman's brain during his jeans year -5 period but were still there in the current Superman's brain 5 years later which meant they had lived in his brain for 5 years after the plan failed and they still expected it to work

Click Here For A Spoilereven more rediculous, the Legion was living with them in disguise all the time ie for over 5 years

Click Here For A SpoilerGarth's arm was mechanical. As an adult!!

Click Here For A Spoilerbut for me the worst thing was the age of the Legionnaires. Saturn Woman, Lightning Man and Cosmic Man from an unspecified point in the Legion's future. Why introduce an adult Legionat all? Why could the current aged Legion have not taken part in that story?

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's a new version of Legion Of Super-heroes, after Flashpoint. The costumes of the young legionnaires are the same we see in Legion Origin.
Maybe the currents titles are going to be cancelled in a nearby future and this new legion will be the connected one with Superman.
And everything returns to begin again....

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Thumbs up from me. Admittedly, hard to figure out how it fits in with the Legion appearing in their own book, but I enjoyed Morrison's take on the personalities of Imra, Garth and Rokk. More insight into Clark's past.

The back up story was touching. Does Pete's tee shirt hint at a Legion connection for him and Lana in the new DC universe?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

SAL, I think you are a little off on the timeline.

Modern Supes gets shot by Nimrod and has the bullet lodged in his brain. The Legion comes and collects him and takes him back in time to save the engine core. They discover the plot and the Legion then goes forward in time, takes the Sisterhood's place and enters the bullet. Once they defeat the Anti-Superman Army, they wait for their future selves to get Superman back to his home time, get out, and go back to collect Superman.

They were not in the bullet for 5 years. None of the villains were.

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, in spite of some really cool concepts that's the main weakness of the story. It is kind of confusing. It combines Morrison's "don't spoon feed the reader " subtleness with time hopping with DC's approach of being ambiguous about continuity in the new DC universe. Triple threat. Ouch!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.