Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Action Comics #6 Preview/ Reviews (Spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Action Comics #6 Preview/ Reviews (Spoilers)
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
SAL, I think you are a little off on the timeline.

Modern Supes gets shot by Nimrod and has the bullet lodged in his brain. The Legion comes and collects him and takes him back in time to save the engine core. They discover the plot and the Legion then goes forward in time, takes the Sisterhood's place and enters the bullet. Once they defeat the Anti-Superman Army, they wait for their future selves to get Superman back to his home time, get out, and go back to collect Superman.

They were not in the bullet for 5 years. None of the villains were.

OK thinking about this again you are right but it means that the anti-superman army can also time travel. Time travelling villains always leads to paradoxes like if they are from five years in the future, then they knew they didn't succeed just as Superman knew.

Why didn't they go back further and divert baby Kal-El's ship into a red sun or some other less convoluted way of killing him?

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, since the main villain is Mxyplyzyk who exists outside of the fourth dimension (time) and in the Fifth, I suspect he pulled all the villains from their timepoints (I loved the "Give In! Kent Next!" bit with him).

In the broader context, this was always an issue, especially with villains like the Time Trapper, so you just have to accept paradoxes and assume there are "rules" in place to keep this kind of thing from happening.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
There was a Tromite in the bullet, wasn't there?
That's interesting to me, since it means that Trom is already populated and the people are already able to change elements.

I WAS a little confused by the story, since I didn't recognize most of the bad guys or really understand why they'd choose to be in a bullet universe inside of Kal's brain.
[Confused]

Kubert's art was lovely and he did pretty well visually telling a complex and strange story.

It also quickly establishes that Kal was a member of the Legion when he was a boy.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Candlelight:

quote:
That's interesting to me, since it means that Trom is already populated and the people are already able to change elements.
Who knows what's considered canon anymore, but I believe that it was established that Dagon-Ra, a villain in the L.E.G.I.O.N. series, was a twentieth-century Trommite.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Since Mxyplyzyk was presumably pulling in the villains from across time, there's nothing to say his Trommite assistant was from the 21st Century. She could have been pulled form anywhere.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
SAL, I think you are a little off on the timeline.

Modern Supes gets shot by Nimrod and has the bullet lodged in his brain. The Legion comes and collects him and takes him back in time to save the engine core. They discover the plot and the Legion then goes forward in time, takes the Sisterhood's place and enters the bullet. Once they defeat the Anti-Superman Army, they wait for their future selves to get Superman back to his home time, get out, and go back to collect Superman.

They were not in the bullet for 5 years. None of the villains were.

Hmmm...I only read through it once, but I hadn't figured any of that out. When it comes to time travel plots, I usually just give up.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't even recognize Myx was in the story - I didn't really recognize ANY of the villians.
[Frown]
The story as a whole made little sense to me, it was just beautiful to look at and fun to see the Legion with Superman.
[Yes]

That .LEGION story is way out of this boot so it may or may not still be fact, I think, and he was never named as a Trommite, IIRC.
He just had the same powers as a classical Trommite.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I didn't even recognize Myx was in the story - I didn't really recognize ANY of the villains.
[Frown]

The little guy is Mxy (note how he disappears by saying his name backwards and Imra misinterprets it).

The Guy with the hat and gun is probably Nimrod the Hunter, mentioned as putting the bullet there to begin with, but possibly a new Terra-man

The Evolving creature they fight together is kind of an updated Titano.

The Masked/Bandaged man the Legion fight is one of the Kryptonians from the Phantom Zone that Krypto attacked back in issue #5 (Note they have the same claw). Presumably he's in lead-lined shielding to tolerate the K-men. He's quite likely either Zod or Jax-Ur

The K-men are Kryptonite Men, each representing a different colour (extensions of the original K-Man concept).

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Oh.
Thanks, Dave!

Well, I hate to reveal this, but even though I bought the new Superman, Superboy, Supergirl and Action comics, of the 52, I haven't gotten around to actually reading any of them yet, except for Supergirl.
:embarrassedsigh:

I don't recognize any of the names except for Mxy and Zod, of course.
[shrug]
And I've been reading Superman for quite a bit of my life.
gads

--------------------

Come, join me!

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I still don't get the "all languages are the same language" comment. Sure, that works if there is a living being thinking about something in another language, but Imra shouldn't be able to translate written or recorded languages. At least not using telepathy.

[Esper Lass]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a total joyride! I'm always amazed by Morrison's off-the-wall twists on corny silver-age concepts.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.