Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Great "Troy Stewart" Mystery (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Great "Troy Stewart" Mystery
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All of this is reminding me of Tyroc's still-untapped potential! I hope DeFalco is wise enough to give Troy a big spotlight and delve into his history and origin. It would be a shame for this not to happen when he is part of a Legion book with a comparatively small cast.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

although that Donna Troy and John Stewart used to work together as Darkstars....]

Did the Darkstars even exist in current DCnU continuity?

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, at the moment it appears that even Donna troy may not exist in DCnU continuity! We'll have to keep an eye on the GL books to see if the Darkstars or even L.E.G.I.O.N. still exist. (I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the Darkstars between the two given its relative obscurity.)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Playing devil's advocate...would being a descendant of John Stewart automatically make him a legacy character? If he doesn't actually have anything to do with the Green Lantern mythos, it could just be nothing more than an interesting bit of background....the same way over at Marvel, Franklin Richards joined Power Pack as Tattletale, but it's not like he was specifically honoring his parents in the Fantastic Four or basing his identity on them. Granted, it would be unlike comics (and DC specifically) NOT to over exploit a family connection, but it is possible at least...

Having said that, I can understand the concern with making Tyroc and John related as it can be seen to imply "well of course they're connected, they're both black!" I remember way back in the day when I was reading Generation X and they implied that M (Algerian) was related to Gateway (stereotypical mysterious indigenous Australian from the outback) and thinking that was equally insulting...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Whether or not there's any connection to John, the fact is that the incredibly Anglicized name does seem to stand in need of explanation.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
*weeps openly*

LAUREL KENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! *SOB* I WANT YOU BACK AND NOT AS A ROBOT!

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor dear!
Come sit on Auntie Anita's lap, kitten.
Would you like to borrow my hankie?

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.