Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost 6.... (Reviews and Spoilers) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Lost 6.... (Reviews and Spoilers)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
sucks.

I have never dropped a Legion title before, but today is the day. It's a sad sad day in Legion Land.

[ February 09, 2012, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Dave Hackett ]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh? I liked it.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I actually dropped it last night before I got this issue, but the whole series hasn't done much for me. Don't really care about most of the characters for starters.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I also liked it, In fact I'll definitely pick up the trade paperback of this when it comes out.

Click Here For A SpoilerI liked seeing Gates in action. I'm curious about the general public's reaction to a giant inteligent insect, would an Earth that's already had first contact extra-terrestrial inteligent life be less xenophobic? I'd also like to see Gates reaction to various pest control television commercials IE Black Flag Kills Ants Dead.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
At the moment I'm liking Legion Lost better than LSH.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Right now, my favorite Legion title is Secret Origins. Too bad it's only a mini.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
I also liked it, In fact I'll definitely pick up the trade paperback of this when it comes out.

Click Here For A SpoilerI liked seeing Gates in action. I'm curious about the general public's reaction to a giant inteligent insect, would an Earth that's already had first contact extra-terrestrial inteligent life be less xenophobic? I'd also like to see Gates reaction to various pest control television commercials IE Black Flag Kills Ants Dead.

Click Here For A SpoilerYeah, and Men in Black!
[LOL]

I get my copy tomorrow, I hope.
I can hardly wait to see Gates again!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim... we rarely disagree but this is actually my favourite Legion title of all that are out there at the moment. These aren't my favourite Legionnaires either but I am starting to care more for them because of this series.

[ February 09, 2012, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: The Man From Cargg ]

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

What? You're not allowed to disagree with me, Cargg!

Chameleon Girl is probably my favorite of this team, but I hate what they're doing with her.

--------------------

The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
What? You're not allowed to disagree with me, Cargg!

Chameleon Girl is probably my favorite of this team, but I hate what they're doing with her.

Ok we're back in synch cause she is my favourite too and I never used to give her a 2nd thought.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Whew. What a relief!

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
While I wouldn't say this issue made lemonade out of the lemon, it did a decent job of clearing the mess out and setting things up for a new direction. I liked seeing Gates back in action, and I'm curious to see where this goes now (which isn't something I've been able to say yet). The upcoming crossover doesn't give me a good feeling though.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I still like the title, but it doesn't seem that there's very much going on. Maybe if the team had a genuine agenda or response to the affects of the hypertaxis virus. I guess they've finally accepted that they're not going home so I'd like to see them actually do something proactive instead of just reacting to their circumstances month after month.

The guest star here was also interesting though if only because of what they might be laying the groundwork for.(honestly, I'd rather a crossover with that title than what they have planned)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder where the Earth organization got a Durlan from and was it a corpse when they got it or did they make it into one?

J'Onn seemed very cold.
Is that a 52 'thing' because he never seemed to be that withdrawn in the past boots, did he?

I hope Gates heals and gets bootiful again.
I'm not very fond of the chicken look.
[No]

So, we're back to a fairly clean slate, which is a little saddening.
I was rather looking forward to some of the advertised events, like a possible new relationship in the team and the complications that would cause.

I like the art quite a bit.
I'd just lighten the coloring up, like in Secret Origins, so that what is happening is easier to see.
And I'd still change Dawnstar's outfit.
Oh, and maybe Tellus' hands.

But other than that, I'm a happy camper, pretty much.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
J'Onn seemed very cold.
Is that a 52 'thing' because he never seemed to be that withdrawn in the past boots, did he?

He's been booted out of the JL's history and sent over to be the token DCer in the Authority Stormwatch.

Enough to make anyone grumpy.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.