Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #6 Preview (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #6 Preview
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
is at ifanboy.com

Art looks great, but what's this "Jan doesn't play well with others" jazz?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
is at ifanboy.com

Art looks great, but what's this "Jan doesn't play well with others" jazz?

I wonder if we're meant to think of that as just being Dirk's opinion rather than stated fact?

I could imagine an extroverted party boy like Sun Boy mistaking Jan's more introspective personality for snobbiness or a lack of social skills...

Or I guess it could be yet another example of the bizarre characterisations we've had since this LO3W like Brainy's outright rudeness, Polar Boy's transformation to a lecherous drunk, Ultra Boy becoming a dumb jock and Shady's attraction to powerful nutjobs....

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
They don't seem t o enlarge for me.
Is that something in my computer or is there someone who can please, get us the pages that can be enlarged?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It wouldn't enlarge for me either. I had to squint like crazy, and fill in the blanks on the words that didn't flow, like whatever the name of the region was. (If they hadn't brought up it being near to where Dragonwing was, I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to place it, since the place name was too small for me to even guesstimate.)

I saw Sun Boy's statement as irony / unreliable narration, since Jan's the one who *has* been working with others during Levitz' run, while Sun Boy has been running off to do things alone, for the most part.

Sun Boy's a lot of things, but he doesn't seem to have ever been a great judge of character. I mean, seriously Dirk, the *one girl in thirty years you bring back to the HQ is a robot that is using you to get past security and attack the team?*

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Is that something in my computer or is there someone who can please, get us the pages that can be enlarged?

open the pictute then right click on it and 'save picture as' then use your picture viewer to enlarge the saved .jpg file

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:

open the pictute then right click on it and 'save picture as' then use your picture viewer to enlarge the saved .jpg file
If you're using a browser that supports tabs, just right click on the thumbnail and select "Open Link in New Tab." Clicking on the opened picture should enlarge(+ cursor) or shrink(- cursor) it.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank-you, SAL and kenaustin, I did both things and they worked wonderfully.
[Hug]

I love the art, it's so clear.

I got the impression that the word 'Jan' might have been a mistake that the editor didn't catch.
I think that it should have been 'Dirk doesn't play well with others.'
Just a thought, but it IS more in keeping with the character and actions shown, imo.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Thank-you, SAL and kenaustin, I did both things and they worked wonderfully.
[Hug]

I love the art, it's so clear.

I got the impression that the word 'Jan' might have been a mistake that the editor didn't catch.
I think that it should have been 'Dirk doesn't play well with others.'
Just a thought, but it IS more in keeping with the character and actions shown, imo.

Good catch. That makes much more sense. Also on that same page Jan calls Chemical Kid "lad". Shouldn't he have said "kid"?
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, it's definitely not talking about Dirk - Dirk is the one doing the narration (you might not be able to see it on the smaller image but it's got his icon in the narrative boxes).

Also, I think Jan was just calling CK lower-case lad as a term of endearment, not Lad as an abbreviation of his code name [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Hmmm.
Why would Dirk use a term of endearment for a kid he hasn't really talked with, that we've seen, really?

And while I think you're probably correct about the Jan/Dirk thingy, I don't understand why Dirk would say that about Jan when Jan is the one working with Chem and Dirk is the one who takes off on his own to do things himself.
sigh

--------------------

Come, join me!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Jan's taking Chem Kid under his wing since their powers are somewhat similar.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Oh, I agree.
He may feel bad about Condo, as well.

Jan and Chem, I forget his name, are pretty much the only ones left with those kind of powers, that and the one we saw in Adventure.

There IS a female Trommite in the 21st century, though.
We see her with the anti-Superman bad guys in a bullet in Kal's brain in this last Action.
I wonder if she was pulled from time?

Maybe she'll turn up as Shavghn, I can never remember how to spell her name correctly [Frown] , and she and Jan can be the Adam and Eve of their world.

Condo's powers were passed on from his genes, so maybe Chem could be used as a source for repopulation, too.
[Yes]

[ February 15, 2012, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Even as leader Jan didn't have many friends he paled around with in the Legion that I recall, and he's been with the team for a long time. That's probably what Dirk was referring to. He's never been in any of the cliques or pairings that I recall (aside from his friendship with Imra).

A decent issue but a little slight. For a character focused issue, we didn't learn a whole heck of a lot about Dragonwing other than she's learning to play better with others and is becoming more competent, which is good, but doesn't strike me as enough.

I must say, Paul got me with the dog reveal though.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

That's true about Jan.
But he was always so young compared to the first wave of Legionnaires.

Thinking back, I'm surprised he didn't have more friends in the later group of inductees, like Shady, Dawnstar, Mysa, Blok, Condo and Wildfire.

--------------------

Come, join me!

The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't care for this issue at all once it started focusing on Dragonwing... a bit of a shark jumper for me. I have no interest where her storyline may lead at the moment. Too much focus on her and Chem Kid... I want to see my old-timey Legionnaires. This series feels more like an extension of the brief, recent Adventure Comics series as opposed to the previous LSH.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.