Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION LOST #7 (preview/reviews) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LEGION LOST #7 (preview/reviews)
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Cover & 3 pages up at ifanboy.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
FYI: The fella being stepped on by Timber Wolf on the cover is none other than Pete Woods himself!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Owwww! My beautiful little Gates is turning from a bug to a reptile!?
No, no, no!
Cocoon quickly, sweetie!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Tom De Falco's writing causes me physical pain.

I'm sure he's a lovely person and if he were actually a contemporary of Roy Thomas/Stan Lee/etc, I could probably justify it as him being a product of his time, but his expository and stilted dialogue just gives me an aneurysm every time I read it.

"I am the Native American character! Let me throw in a random objection about exploiting the noble primitives! Also, we all remember that Tellus has telepathic abilities, right?"

"I am level-headed and will remind us all that we are part of the Legion of Superheroes! We came here to stop a terrorist from our time, which is the 31st century, and yet we failed to stop him and now we must track him down! I believe the plot requires us to be in New York soon!"

Ugh. Sorry to anyone who likes him, but I just cannot deal.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
IMO, the art--especially on page 3--shows great promise. And its nice to see the full team back together in one place, too, having a moment of peace for a change.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Yera is Bald again?

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes.
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I like her much better here, looking close to her depiction by Giffen. [Cool]

[ March 13, 2012, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Tom De Falco's writing causes me physical pain.

I'm sure he's a lovely person and if he were actually a contemporary of Roy Thomas/Stan Lee/etc, I could probably justify it as him being a product of his time, but his expository and stilted dialogue just gives me an aneurysm every time I read it.... Ugh. Sorry to anyone who likes him, but I just cannot deal.

Yeah, I remember coming to that conclusion once and for all during his post-Clone Saga Amazing Spider-Man run.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never read not one singular comic book written by this DeFalco fella.
He seems to elicit strong responses both pro & con.

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! Ha!
Mr.Gone, you're so adorable!

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't think this issue was too bad. It won't go down as a classic, but I did like some of the little touches, like the fact that Tellus's mental environment was an ocean, and Timber Wolf's dismissal of the thug's attempts at friendship.

The exposition was way too much, but hopefully we'll see less of it as time goes on. And Gates's lines were awful. But I was certainly prepared for much worse from DeFalco, and this issue didn't live down to my worst expectations.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that's high praise, I must say.
sigh

Umm, I haven't gotten the issue yet, but I agree, in theory, with gone about the Timber Wolf portrayal.
The only thing that we might be able to chalk it up to is time lag or maybe, hypertaxia grumpiness and moral confusion.
Maybe.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I didn't cancel this title from my pull order in time, so I was obligated to buy it one last time today, unfortunately. What utter drek. I don't mind an expository issue now and then as long as the exposition has merit. This issue has none imho. Save yourself the 3 bucks, Shady.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.