Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Much Ado About Harmonia Li (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Much Ado About Harmonia Li
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee: She participated in the destruction of Titan, killing lots of people. This needs to be addressed.
If she had been established to have awesome elemental powers back then, and been shown pushing them to their limit to try and hold the earthquakes to a minimum, and fallen into a coma or something because of overexterting herself trying to save Titanians (and perhaps even slowed down the collapse of the moon long enough for a few thousand more people to be evacuated), I'd be suitably impressed with her 'hero cred,' even if I still might not care much for her copycat powerset. (On the other hand, the whole destruction-of-Titan scenario was messed up, with Brainy strolling casually through crowds of dying people, grousing to himself that he might not be able to loot everything he wants in time...)

But we saw nothing heroic from her. She's as much an 'unearned' Legionnaire as Earth-Man and has done nothing to earn membership.

Karate Kid proved it's not all about how awesome your powers are. That was even brought up with Dev-Em, who it was generally agreed, for all his power, wasn't 'Legion material.'

She may have the heart of a hero, but we haven't seen it, so it seems premature for her to be a Legionnaire.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that it's been done before.
Also, Blok and Mysa aren't Silver Age, are they?
They're not Legionnaires from Adventure, anyway.

And she didn't kill anyone, she just failed to stop those two guys from pushing the button and then didn't seem to have any effect or inclination to try to stop Titan from blowing up.
But, she may not have that kind of a power level, either.
Stopping a planet from exploding, or even slowing it's destructtion, is cosmic level stuff, isn't it?

I don't really think she should be there, either, but maybe Brainy and the others want to keep her close until they figure out what she's all about.
[shrug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dartalon
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dartalon   Email Dartalon         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
There have been living garbage creatures, haven't there? Not thinking of one at the moment, but the concept seems familiar.

Garbage Man from My Greatest Adventure.
Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps Saturn Girl used her telepathy to make the Legionnaires forget to conduct a background check.

Garbage Man

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.