Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Pitch a Wanderers Series!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pitch a Wanderers Series!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Post yours ideas, preferably not involving clones figuring out who murdered them!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I already had an idea. It would've involved the Wanderers finding the remains of Legion World in a parallel universe.

There would've been a good chunk of it missing, and they discover that Brande and Chuck have been leading the survivors. Apparition and Ultra Boy discover Cub has been in the care of two of the Legion Cadets, and he has a conflicting sense of love and loyalty between his birth parents and his surrogate parents.

A group of Wanderers is led by Shikari to the Earth in that universe to find a search party of cadets that never returned, while the other group deals with the fact that they have to arm themselves against a psychotic Superman doppelganger (Overman from the original Earth-17).

Other ideas for stories would've involved a world where the friends and lovers of superheroes actually became the heroes instead (Lois Lane is Krypton Girl, Julie Madison is Raven Woman), reboot Polar Boy being attacked by the vampire Batman of Earth-40 and becoming a vampire himself,

Garth and Imra resuming their relationship and Garth would finally propose to Imra.

Jo and Tinya would've decided to resettle in the 31st Century of New Earth to raise Cub. The Nah family would've dealt with the difficulty of co-existing with alternate versions of themselves, and the Retroboot Jo and Tinya would've contemplated where to take their relationship. Apparition and Ultra Boy would've been pushed to the sidelines for a bit, not exactly joining the Legion but helping out with the Academy. Tinya would be trying her best but Jo would've become a bit listeless and bored, finding less satisfaction in his role as a teacher. He would've started staying home to look after Cub, slouching off, letting himself go a bit, and Tinya would be getting a bit annoyed at having to carry the relationship. The two would've settled things and rejoined the New Earth Legion (Jo under a new code name).

We would also learn about some of the other survivors of Earth-247 on Legion World, including, believe it or not, disgraced ex-President Jean Chu and former president Winema Wazzo. It would've led to a battle of control over Legion World between Chu, Wazzo, and Brande.

And the Legion would've been led back to New Earth's 21st Century, where they find Aria Campbell after being in limbo for so long.

Linda Danvers and Matrix would've been featured at some point, where the Wanderers help Linda find her daughter Ariella in the 853rd Century.

Other villains would've possibly included the Saturn Queen from Superman/Batman (the one that went up against Supergirl), and Dark Angel after she usurped control of Monarch's army of multiversal doppelgangers.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Comicvine's articles on the Wanderers are hilarious. Elvo has a sentence. Immorto has two sentences. Celebrand, Dartalg and Ornitho don't even have that. Quantum Queen and Psyche have full-page write-ups!

Quite possibly the only super-group in existence where the ladies are not only more powerful, but also much more interesting, than the menfolk.

In my head, Quantum Queen and Lady Quark were different universe versions of the same character.

Celebrand could benefit from A) shaving his head and not pretending he isn't going bald, B) access to some sort of alien gun that phases into and out of sub-space, so that he can't be disarmed easily and can pull off stunts that any schlub with a blaster can't match and / or C) superhuman accuracy.

Ornitho needs to have never impregnated a dinosaur. Yikes.

Dartalg and Elvo could use some sort of tweak. Elvo could possibly generate a sword from his own bio-energy or something. I got nuthin' on Dartalg. He was lame to start, and making his clone into a Porcupine Pete rip-off didn't help.

From a narrative perspective, a tale about a group called 'The Wanderers' should at least touch upon why they are wanderers and don't have a home base or whatever. Are they fugitives? Is there something about them that prevents them from settling down somewhere? (Psyche's empathic creepiness / psychic vampirism? Ornitho's penchant for molesting wildlife? Celebrand's outstanding warrants on six planets for shooting folk?) Do one or more of them have some limitation that prevents them from settling down? (Immorto can't remain in the same place for too long or his life-force bonds with the world and he loses his regeneration? Elvar can't turn down a duel and the longer he stays on a planet, the more 'best fencer in the world' types show up to challenge him for the title of best swordsman in the galaxy?)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Picture it, Sicily ... 3032 .. .the future of the future ...

It's a mystery series that starts off with the main characters ... separately waking up to the conclusion that ten years has passed ... they have different lives .... the universe is a very odd and more mundane place.

There is no Legion. A character like a Controller or Time Trapper subtly tries to put these individuals together to find out what happened. (or maybe Douglas Nolan)

Starring:

Rond Vidar (who may be essential because of his time research)
Atmos
Dev EM
Quantum Queen
Duplicate Boy
Computo (Danielle - All grown up)

I want to highlight these non Legion incredibly powerful characters but through a mystery that involves character development and suspense ... not brawling ... yet the stakes are grand. They are all connected to the Legion and remember them but, they weren't too close to the legion to be taken out of time by some *timestream - cataclysm - because of Mardru/Glorith/Trapper* which I would say takes out most of the villains as well.

... but the trick is to see them living in the new universe, and wether they want to go back to the way it was. Or if there is any cosmic motivation to go back. I figure some characters will like the less violent universe, and some like Atmos will be reveling in his planetary champion fame. and some like Rond and Computo will be very motivated to see things return to the way they were.

Maybe there is a Kid Quantum 1 type character who only remembers the glory days of the LSH and wants to go back to that era.

Kinda like a Watchmen/Blade Runner vibe.

lots of blue probes, hawk people, and durlans in the background but more drawn like Steve Lightle than KG. This *place* is shiny and seductive not gritty.

[ March 24, 2012, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, in EDE's ideal Legionverse, The Wanderers is a kickass series set in deep, unexplored space, where the title team protects UP explorers/scientists/colonists who search for precious MacGuffinite, which is supposed to be found in abundance in this sector of the galaxy.

It's definitely got a bit of 5YL feel, but also influence of the Action back-ups era and the original Legion Lost, with the team encountering tons of weird space stuff along the lines of Wraith-Mates and Nefar Nebulae and Omniphagoses and such. The Dark Circle would also be major bad guys, as well as previously unencountered alien races.

Line-up would be a mixture of classic Wanderers, additional Legionverse characters, and some new folks. From the original team, I'd definitely keep Psyche, Quantum Queen, and Dartalon (though the latter more in the form from the 80s series). Ornitho and Immorto might be kept in as well, but I'd totally ditch Celebrand and Elvo. Additions would include Mon-El, Englenna, Rond Vidar, Laurel Gand, Shikari, and maybe Nam'Lor. New characters might include a groovy daughter of Celebrand with cool powers that I haven't come up with yet!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a dream about Nam Lor last night.

true story.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Did his hyper-aura make you do bad things?
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

... i suspect he didn't need to use the hyper-aura.
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I love EDE's pitch. I think that's a great use of Mon-el, on an adventure that would appeal to him as well as use him for leadership/reader recognition. It'd also be a great DCNuboot way to introduce Shikari and Lost-universe elements before moving on.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So New characters might include a groovy daughter of Celebrand with cool powers that I haven't come up with yet!

Always thought Legion trainee Mandala (which describes a circle quartered by a cross) could be related to Celebrand in that she shares the same name as his symbol.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

^^Wow! I love that idea!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
See Marvel's Exiles but Legion style.

Shikari would play a big part. Little by little I would reduce the members to a handful. Most of them settling on another world or dying.

The resulting roster would be
M'Onel, Shikari, Rond Vidar, Ferro, Kid Quantum II, Cham, and Gear. (debating between Cham and karate kid)

They would be chess pieces in the multiverse between the Time Trapper, Glorith and Mordu...plus some other villains. Possibly have them working for a Glorith.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I like both Peebs' and EDE's ideas.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"When Wanderers Meet..."

JEYRA ENTINN, POLAR BOY, WHITE WITCH, PLANT LAD, MEKT RANZZ and ELYSION (all from the Prime universe) emerge on an inhabited planet in the current DCU in the 31st century. They are in disarray and take some time to figure out they ain't in Kansas anymore. Unfortunately, the attitudes of a couple of them and appearance of others cause a silly situation to ignite into a big ol' throwdown. Overheard to call themselves 'Wanderers', newscasts and wanted lists bleep from comp to implant to navcoms.

This DCU's Wanderer team (CELEBRAND, PSYCHE, QUANTUM QUEEN, ORNITHO, DARTALON and ELVO) interrupt their wandering to investigate, and to clear their name.

The two teams meet with the usual and expected results. Except Psyche and White Witch pretend to fight while 'communing'. Mysa powers a mental call and summoning. To the Prime universe, they both think.

But who shows up is a team of New Wanderers (former Legionnaires from the post-Zero Hour team). INVISIBLE KID, UMBRA, SHIKARI, SENSOR, FERRO and KID QUANTUM answer the call.

Confusion and fisticuffs reign, but not for long. Cooperation yields results and a plan is formed to get the Wanderers Prime back home. While those who have to plan, plan- the remaining characters rebuild the wreckage they've left behind.

And uncover a mystery.

The Prime Wanderers are sent home, but the New Wanderers and 'Old' Wanderers choose to investigate.

However, they're interrupted by a group from yet another universe who were a little late in answering 'the call'.

Earth 3 Wanderers: DAXAMIGHT (Mon-el counterpart), ARMOR (Karate Kid or Ferro Lad?), BLOODCLAW (Timber Wolf), EXCESS (XS), COLLIDER (Ayla) and a mysterious being who exhibits facets of all of the 'now' DCU Wanderers. A Composite Wanderer, if you will.

The inevitible happens and the dance begins, crests and concludes.

The Earth 3 Wanderers are sent home with their means of arriving destroyed and mind-wiped from being replicated. The mystery is solved and deeply affects a few characters.

Old Wanderers find a home. New Wanderers choose new Wandering companions, as does one Old Wanderer.

Shikari, with Psyche's and Celebrand's help, opens a gate to take those who go with her to their fellows side. Looking ahead, some surprising images can be glimpsed.

A lone starship heads back into open space.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.