Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION;SECRET ORIGIN #6 (preview) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LEGION;SECRET ORIGIN #6 (preview)
TimeTrapR
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimeTrapR           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Look at the panel where the robot thingy deposits the unconscious Brande in a chair. It takes 2/3 of a page for a scene that's really only worth about a 1/6 page panel. 2 pages later, we have Chame walking toward Mycroft taking up half the page. The rest of the issue is more of the same.

This, sadly, has become the norm style wise with comics. Its tedious to pick up a new comic with the momentum of the hype surrounding it, the notion of the new and fresh, only to know it's going to take about 6 months before it gets interesting or anything happens.

I guess Johns and Lee's "creative" control is showing itself. I've dropped like 10 books in the last month and this week alone stopped reading 3 by page 2 for just this reason.
It's disappointing to think that some of these comics have peaked over 20 years ago story wise and are just riding out their "potential".

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
The story is not bad.
But I was expecting to see at least for Violet.
This one is another reboot for my to deal. Already we will see if in a not very distant future, they give of fall both titles of Legion and start telling us the history from here.
And Batista art is good, but too thin figures, these people don't have ass!

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:

the panel of Lu with the next candidates was interesting. I assume the middle two were supposed to be Superman and Brainy. On the right I am presuming were Shrinking Violet and Sun Boy but who are the two on the left (assuming we have ever met them)? Given the stars, the male could be Thom Kallor but the female I can't place. An unknown rejectee, possibly?

I'm guessing Tinya. If Brainy's not a member yet as of the issue's end, I assume she isn't either... which should drive continuity purists crazy.[/QB]
Tinya was sworn in in #3 so the candidate isn't her

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
As with the Star Trek/Legion mini, I really enjoyed L:SO. On the whole, the story doesn't really hold up to scrutiny, but the generally strong art and characterizations made up for it. To me, it was the comic-book equivalent of a fun, albeit somewhat mindless, summer popcorn flick.

Frankly, at this point I'd prefer an ongoing L:SO with the same writing/art team over either of the two actual Legion titles, which are dragging a bit IMO.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by TimeTrapR:
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Look at the panel where the robot thingy deposits the unconscious Brande in a chair. It takes 2/3 of a page for a scene that's really only worth about a 1/6 page panel. 2 pages later, we have Chame walking toward Mycroft taking up half the page. The rest of the issue is more of the same.

This, sadly, has become the norm style wise with comics. Its tedious to pick up a new comic with the momentum of the hype surrounding it, the notion of the new and fresh, only to know it's going to take about 6 months before it gets interesting or anything happens.

I guess Johns and Lee's "creative" control is showing itself. I've dropped like 10 books in the last month and this week alone stopped reading 3 by page 2 for just this reason.
It's disappointing to think that some of these comics have peaked over 20 years ago story wise and are just riding out their "potential".

Yes, I'm starting to drop DC titles left and right. Legion seems to be on idle mode. I'm sooo tired of decompressed storytelling.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed Phantom Girl and Brainy.

The art was nice.

Anticlimactic ending. The story was worth maybe a dollar...the experience with our Legion buddies was worth maybe 4 bucks, not 18.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Girl was definitely the star of the mini series. I enjoyed the run, especially the behind-the-scenes politics as a new angle. The artwork made me feel achy and bubbley for Chris Batista.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.