Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Fun Facts!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion Fun Facts!
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I love fun facts! You know, little pieces of trivia or random observations that perhaps others might have been unaware of. A fact can't be fun unless you share it, so post some fun facts you've noticed about the Legion!

FUN FACT! Despite its abundance of heroes, Lallor has NEVER been the homeworld of a Legionnaire in any continuity or among any status type (honorary, reserve, Subs). Weird!

FUN FACT! Of the 23 named students at the Legion Academy (talking preboot/retroboot here), 9 have gone on to become Legionnaires! 13 if we count the Five Year Gap members. Not too shabby.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
FUN FACT! It wasn't until her eighth appearance - or 21 months after she first appeared - that Shrinking Violet actually spoke on-panel. Talk about shy.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Fun fact! In the Postboot, Xanthu once had the distinction of being the homeworld of the most number of Legionnaires (3 1/2 - Star Boy, Monstress, Kid Quantum II and 1/2 of Wildfire).

Next up were Earth (Invisible Kid and Ferro) and Winath (Live Wire and Spark).

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Fun fact: in addition to playing Saturn Girl, Triplicate Girl, and Infectious Lass on the LSH cartoon, Kari Wahlgren also plays Mud Woman in this Swiffer commercial.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

All fun facts! The Earth vs Xanthu stat for the postboot is surprising, considering traditionally there's so many Legionnaires from Earth. Gim and Val had new 'homeworlds' though and it's not like Chuck or Dirk were members.

Love the Vi tidbit! Guess she just had to find her voice.

FUN FACT! Saturn Girl, Matter-Eater Lad, and Blok are the only Legionnaires who don't undergo a physical or costume change between seasons 1 and 2 of the Legion cartoon.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Awesome thread, Future.

FUN FACT! After Thunder joined the Postboot Legion, they had a 50-50 gender split - 12 guys and 12 gals (if we count Gates and Chameleon as guys).

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

FUN FACT! The longest on-panel gap between new Legionnaires joining is nearly six years between Chemical King & Timber Wolf (Sept '68) and Wildfire (March '74). This is followed by the gap between the Baxter Five joining (Sept '85) and the Legion's reforming with new members in the Glorithverse (Oct '90).
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Fun fact: According to my rough count, there have been about 120 members of the Legion of Super-Heroes, across various continuities, including reservists and members who joined under false pretended.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Fun fact: Gates was once intended to be a one-shot character. Fan response to his introduction was so positive that the creative team made him a Legionnaire. (I'll try to remember where I read this - I believe it was in a lettercol).

This makes LSH 66 the first appearance of 4 Postboot Legionnaires - Andromeda, Kinetix, Shrinking Violet and Gates.

This issue ties with LSH 0, which introduced Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl and Triad.

I believe only Legionnaires 0 introduced more Legionnaires (though not all joined then) - Apparition, Chameleon, XS, Invisible Kid, Leviathan, Kid Quantum I, Brainiac 5 and Star Boy.

--------------------

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one: Star Boy's Kryptonian type powers were (inexplicably) changed to gravity increasing powers in the same issue that Lightning Lass's powers were changed to gravity decreasing powers: Adv. 317.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.