Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » New Legionnaires- circa 3012 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Legionnaires- circa 3012
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What would be your criteria?

1). How about a list chosen from characters that have appeared in the 'current' LSH's history?

2). Or one populated by characters that debuted in other continuities (5YL, reboot that became New Wanderers, Legion Prime...)

3). All new characters

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think 5's a good number- worked for Sensor Girl's group and for the Academy 'emergency recruits'.

Here's a category 1 list:

Gas Girl (renamed Mystress or Veilmist) from the Heroes of Lallor. Can turn her body into a cloud of gas.

Animal Lad (applicant during a False Pretenses period) Turns people into animals, over which he has limited mental control.

Dev-em (roguish spy with all the powers of Superman and an ever-shifting origin).

Devilfish (Probably not the precise sentient that appeared years ago, but a member of his species with water-related powers)

Quantum Queen (Light powered Wanderer)

What would you think if this were a group recruited to join in a class of 3012? Who would be your choices for a category 1 team?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
INFECTIOUS LASS... for gawd's sake, just DO IT already.

CALORIE QUEEN... the matter-eating plus super-strength. It's obvious Tenzil will never get any play under Levitz, so maybe Taryn would fare better.

QUANTUM QUEEN... I do kinda like the idea of seeing her join, per old Adventure Comics. Doesn't mean she has to die.

I am totally blanking on additional choices right now...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Quantum Queen, the platinum blonde from the Wanderes.

Veilmist, the khundian female fatale.

Reflecto, the real one from Rimbor.

Spider Girl..the return.

Kinetix, with her original power.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see:

1. the original looking Quantum Queen with her clone's power set
2. Infectious Lass
3. Kent Shakespeare, not a Supes descendant but a Gand one of some sort
4. Chlorophyll Kid, like Drura, his powers can be extremely effective if used correctly and with some imagination
5. Celeste, a way to have a Green Lantern power without the ring or OA, lots of potential.

Honorable mention:

1. Harlak, a Khund AND a friend for Glorith who has magical abilities, someone for her to grow in strenght with
2. Gear, a weaponish android
3. Life Lass
4. Nightwind, powered up a little to a general weather type.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
My category 1 list would be:

Infectious Lass
Calorie Queen
Chlorophyll Kid
Nightwind
Shadow Lad (mainly because I have always had a soft spot for Grev, but also because I think it would be interesting seeing the different dynamics between him and the rest of the LSH vs Shady's relationship with them and I also like that he seems to bring out Shady's softer side as well)

Of some of the other choices already presented: I loved Sussa in the 5YL Legion, but I think she needs some work before she's able to take that kind of role with the current Legion.

The girls from the Heroes of Lallor would be awesome choices, and while I'm not really at all familiar with the Wanderers it would be cool to see Quantum Queen join just for the sake of that adult Legion story from way back.

Veilmist was my favourite of the Khunds, and I could see there being lots of potential for stories about politics, culture and gender roles with her around.

Dev-Em I always really liked, just not as a Legionnaire...I like the idea of him being an occasional ally/thorn in their side as appropriate. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
1). Appeared in current continuity

- Nightwind (she was robbed! Harmonia's presence makes it dubious Nightwind would get in, but I've always felt she deserved a slot)
- Infectious Lass (she can take down any organic opponent, and in my fics - shameless plug - I've theorized that she can use her powers to heal/remove microbes as well)

While it would be nice to see Power Boy/Gravity Kid, I actually would NOT want them in the current team since their powers are similar to several others' (Ultra Boy, Star Boy)

2). Characters from other continuities

- Kinetix (w/o Tellus and Quislet, there's a real opening for a powerful telekinetic)
- Kid Quantum II (time manipulation, especially with the brains of Brainiac 5 guiding them, can be a truly potent force and MAY even lead to the team retrieving their Lost)
- XS (a speedster is alaways a major tactical advantage, and I love her personality as written Postboot)

Not really looking for all-new characters now, when there are so many "existing" ones who'd make good Legionnaires.

The 5 above are my current top picks, and while there are many, many others I'd like to add, I'd be happy with these 5 additions for now.

[ April 01, 2012, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like a little bit of everything, actually.

1. XS - Maybe this is a slot waste, but even if she survived the DCNu she's not officially with the team. Let's bring her in fully. Her powerset is needed with Dawny and Drake gone and they could use more pep. If I could only bring in one Postboot Legionnaire, it'd still be her.

2. Infectious Lass - I agree, it's time. Her powerset is unique and right now she's 'detached' from the Subs so maybe there will be less hurt feelings if she got in without them. Strike up a fling with Jacques and give him more to do (see what I did ... never mind).

3. Evolvo Lad - It's also time for a Lallorian. I'd love Gas Girl but she's just too redundant with both Comet Queen and Phantom Girl around. Duplicate Boy is the more obvious choice but I feel like with Earth-Man we just "saw" Ord's powers. I think Evolvo Lad may be a fun fit. I liked his powers in the Postboot and think it'd be interesting to have another brain around to butt heads with Brainy and Harmonia. His powers have a lot of untapped storytelling potential.

4. Calorie Queen - I like the idea of Taryn trying to fill the oft-empty Bismollian slot. Another reason I'm including her over others is I feel there's a cool story there for past rejects trying a softer approach after seeing Earth-Man 'redeem' himself. I could see Taryn being completely earnest with trying to apply again and would enjoy seeing who would and wouldn't be willing to welcome her in. With a recommendation from Tenzil though, perhaps the odds will tip to vote her in.

5. A brand new character, actually. With the recent storyline I think it's finally time we had a super-powered Dominator defect to the U.P. and want to learn more (or do penance) by serving with the Legion. Perhaps an update of the teleporting Dominator lass from the old Legionnaires series? I love Veilmist, but she works a lot better with other Khunds to play off of and turn on poor Legion men.

As much as I'd love to have Lamprey, Nightwind, and Power Boy on the team finally, their powers are all duplicated now and it's hard to pick just one! They're all deserving, in my opinion. Poor Crystal Kid, he gets left out a lot.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately, Levitz will probably go with a Dominator addition soon.
I didn't like the one in Legionnaires.
I just dislike the Dominator visual.
[shrug]

I DID consider Evolvo Lad, he would make an interesting brainy challenger for Brainy.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see Danielle Foccart return & join the Legion!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calm Yo Tits
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calm Yo Tits           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, she cray-cray!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I like a lot of the suggestions so far, especially Infectious Lass and pretty much any Bismollian.

I also really like the idea of Proty II as a full-fledged member. Telepathy + shape-changing = total espionage squad win!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dartalon
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dartalon   Email Dartalon         Edit/Delete Post     
Douglas Nolan returning from the alternate Earth he went to becoming the new Ferro Lad.

Renkil Kem taking over for his brother Matter-Eater Lad.

Duplicate Boy with his power to duplicate the powers of other heroes/villains would add more power to the team.

Quantum Queen another powerful female Legionnaire.

Dyogene another non-human Legionnaire with the power of a Green Lantern ring.

Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Laser Ape - decendent of Gorilla Grodd from the 31st century Gorilla City planet. She's simian, she's hairy, she's totin' laser powers!

2) Gear - we know him, we love him.

3) Rainbow Girl - Geoff Johns jacked her up, let's see what she can do.

4) Nemesis Kid II - yeah, alchemy is still about in the 31st century

5) Leeta-88 - the next, best version. Who is she? What is she? Except for banyo fruit peels, she's unstoppable!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
3) Rainbow Girl - Geoff Johns jacked her up, let's see what she can do.

Rainbow Girl's a pet character for me. She's gone from having cold/heat/light/kryptonite powers to emotion control powers to green/yellow/red lantern powers.

I think it would be fun to just run with that, and have the next she appear, she be a human/Aurakle hybrid (like Halo, from the Outsiders), and the time after that, she turns into rainbow light (a Lazon / Quanto riff), and the time after that, she creates a bow of multispectral light that shoots arrows of lightning and fog and that start rainstorms.

Just change her powers inexplicably every time she makes an appearance, *and have nobody notice.*

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.