Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » New Legionnaires- circa 3012 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Legionnaires- circa 3012
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Leeta 88! Douglas Nolan! Renzil Kem! Rainbow Girl! Dyogene!!! There's a great group of potential Legionnaires I probably never would've come up with! Keep those lists coming!

Here's a category 2 batch:

Nightwind- from the reboot. She was an Academy student there.

Infectious Lass- also from that boot and also an Academy student. Seemed more in grasp of her powers than the currently lost in time one.

Babbage- Same boot. Another Academy kid. I think he'd be revealed to be an A.I. not limited to the robot body we've seen so far. These three, and the next one, arrive in variation of a time bubble sent from the New Wanderers. Babbage would be inhabiting the bubble until he and Brainy design a new body. There could be some question about whether Babbage is an 'artificial' intelligence or something else entirely.

Invisible Kid- Lyle from the reboot. Ostensibly along to shepherd those the New Wanderers recovered as they transition, and to check on XS and Gates. I think he'd be feeling underutilized in the New Wanderers ongoing
mission.

His reaction to Chemical Kid might be interesting.

Monstress- Found by the New Wanderers, but from an as yet unknown dimension. She'd have a bit of the same personality, but would not be a female hulkalike. She'd be truly monstrous looking- warty elephant trunks, some kind of veiny vine symbiote, warped but powerful limbs, cloven hooves, a scaly barbed serpentine tail and a tendency to drool. She'd have lovely big warm eyes with long eyelashes which she frequently flutters coquettishly. And she has a beautiful, hypnotic speaking voice.

Gotta disagree about Gas Girl's redundancy. Since she can keep portions of her body solid while the rest of her body is gaseous, she can use the nebulous nature of gas to extend solid punching fists or kicking feet or butting head to create a unique fighting style. Sort of a merger of Elastic Lad with Phantom Girl. She can also legitamately do something Element Lad is often shown doing which he shouldn't be able to do- directing the motion of transmuted matter. In her case, it'd just be the many gases she can turn into, of course. If her gaseous form can safely accept Jan's transmutations, they'd be a pretty formidable team.

She'd be an incompareable infiltrator, too. Gas can contract and expand, so she could go places, and stay there, that Tinya and Salu couldn't.

There's also that out of the writer's hat facet to any potential properties to created alien gases.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Category 2 group:

THUNDER - I think the idea has heaps of potential, even if it may not have been realised all that brilliantly the first time around. Having a Marvel to counteract the Kryptonians is interesting, and the idea of someone who comes from the far future to have adventures with the Legion instead of the past for a change is very cool!

ANDROMEDA - while having Laurel and CeCe together might seem redundant, it's really not any worse than having had Mon-El, Ultra Boy, Superboy and/or Supergirl on the team together at one time. It would also be kind of cool to have a couple of female Legionnaires who can legitimately be considered heavy-hitters.

BABBAGE - was on my list too! Another recruit with heaps of unrealised potential. I like your idea that he's not limited to the body he inhabits...allows for the occasional upgrade. [Smile]

KARATE KID from the reboot & FERRO from the SW6 batch - I just figured I should try to include some more guys in my choices, and I think it would be interesting seeing how the rest of the team interacts with these two, and whether they would have the same friendship that Val and Ferro had in DnA's Legion..

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.