Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Broken Couples... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Broken Couples...
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
In the continuity list I point out that Lydda and Rokk were broken up in Legion of Three Worlds. Why that Adventure 9 scene I don't know, but it could just be an art mistake.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz hasn't paid much attention to Lo3W despite what he absolutely has to.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! No wonder people think the Legion is too confusing!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well it's not as if that story was a shining example of Geoff Johns' attention to detail. That story left more plot holes than he fixed.

3/5s of the Fatal Five being alive and/or active again with no explanation.
Johns ignoring just about everything Mark Waid established with the Threeboot Legion to make them the Legion of Earth-Prime.
The fact that Projectra and Timber Wolf were with the 3B Legion, and Gazelle and Dream Girl weren't.
Andromeda inexplicably being with the Reboot Legion and in her standard outfit.
Kinetix being able to talk normally.
Mordru stating he turned Mysa from a hag back into a "beautiful mystic".
Sorcerer's World still existing at all.
Sudden lack of a GLC in the 31st Century.
Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl's warped personalities.
3B Timber Wolf actually caring that Sun Boy is dead despite the animosity he's shown towards him.
Bart and Jenni being from New Earth and not Earth-247.
Two separate versions of the Nolan Twins existing in the 21st and 31st Centuries.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:

And we've had how many of these relationships conveniently end off-camera now? They're so lazy about storytelling and so hostile towards stable relationships that they can't even be arsed to make its demise a real part of the story. It's either explained in a way that makes zero sense or it's not explained at all.

Agree. Look at the panels Emerald Empress posted on the first post of this thread - do those look like rocky relationships? These changes were too abrupt.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, absolutely, IB.

Val was brought back and then, died again.
At least, they showed Jeckie grieving for him, again.
It was sort of like rubbing salt in the wound, for her and us.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

And they never told us how he came back.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Heck, the whole 'Imra-mindwipes-Rokk' thing seems like an epic retcon set-up for a messy Garth / Imra split (and, possibly, a Rokk / Lydda reconciliation?), when it all comes out.

Kinda paradoxical that the only Legion relationship that *has* been set up for a fall on-panel, is one of the few that *hasn't* fallen apart.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Heck, the whole 'Imra-mindwipes-Rokk' thing seems like an epic retcon set-up for a messy Garth / Imra split (and, possibly, a Rokk / Lydda reconciliation?), when it all comes out.

Kinda paradoxical that the only Legion relationship that *has* been set up for a fall on-panel, is one of the few that *hasn't* fallen apart.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I still need to think of a suitable way to fix that.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Thanks for reminding me about that. I still need to think of a suitable way to fix that.[/QB]
The suitable way to fix that is the same way as the suitable way to fix "the Legionnaires are taking anti-aging drugs and that's why they call each other 'kid'"--you ignore it. It used to be the way such things were routinely fixed in comics before the days when a writer would pull something very unrepresentative out of a character's past and claim that it actually happened when everything else we know about the character's past said it didn't. This attitude is responsible for such stupidities as the Martian Manhunter showing up in the 5YL Legion on the grounds that he cameoed in Superboy #200.
Ken Arromdee
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Levitz hasn't paid much attention to Lo3W despite what he absolutely has to.

Not only that, he specifically said in an interview that he wasn't.

I'm surprised he took as much as he did, in fact.

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe in superheroes.

It seems entirely possible that I also believe in happily-ever-after.

Not all the time, but I appreciate those moments when I can get lost in the fantasy.

Surely I'm not the only one...

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

You're not.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.