Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » BREAKING: Everyone off LSH but Levitz for #13 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BREAKING: Everyone off LSH but Levitz for #13
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
While I completely agree that Levitz' return to LSH has been lackluster at best, I am more than willing to be excited about his remaining *IF* the rumors of Giffen's return are true (and my sources told me they ARE true)...

Also acceptible: An artist or co-writer on the level of a Phil Jiminez (whose work with Levitz on the Academy stories was ALL too brief and have been the best part of Levitz' return-- with the most recent issue being a distant second place).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Whatever artist they get I hope it's one who can co-plot or co-write with Paul. My first choice would be Keith Giffen or Dan Jurgens.

I've said before that Levitz & Giffen as a team is better than the sum of the parts.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
EDE,

I think Glorith's presence also tells us more of the Pre-Crisis/Pre-Zero Hour universe has been rewritten than we know. I mean, otherwise, Glorith is kind of like someone showing up and saying, "Hi, my name's Mordru, can I join the team? "

Unless, of course, "Glorith" is the 31st century equivalent of Tiffany, or Madison.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Unless Glorith is actually a more common name in the 30th/31st than we realize.

Re Glorith, a big part of the "fun" is that we're kept guessing as to whether this IS the same Glorith or not. I wonder if Levitz has it all plotted out already, or if he's waiting and seeing where this will go?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Much like Lori Morning!

Seriously, her background's being kept mysterious... wasn't there even some line about how even she couldn't remember her childhood? Plus, Brainy is finding her powers potentially useful in rejiggering time travel...

It seems to me the clues point to her desplorping origins!

Of course, there is the question is why none of the Legionnaires is saying, "Hey! Wasn't Glorith the name of that chick who turned a bunch of us into toddlers awhile back?" And I suppose you could go with the Legionnaires either assuming the name was a coincidence (Perhaps it's a common name) or some magical interference to help her get a fresh start.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The one thing in the current books that I think has the potential to be really cool is Glorith, who I'm convinced is the original Glorith given a second lease on life post-splorping.

quote:

Ahhhhh...."post-splorping" and "desplorping"! You are a treasure Mr. Ester! [Yes]

If there is any justice, these permutations of the classic "splorp" sound effect will be canonized in LSH lore at some point. Even more telling is how none of the subsequent posters to this thread have questioned these references! [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
Just saw this on Bleedingcool.com. Major cosmic event in #13. All new creative team except for Levitz. No zero issue.
" target="_blank">http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/25/legion-of-super-changes/[/qb][/QUOTE]

Actually, there will be a zero issue btwn #12 & #13.
The lovely Steve Lighte has recently posted the cover on his Facebook page!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Scott Kolins on v7 #0, 13 & 14.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/03/scott-kolins-to-draw-legion-of-super-heroes-from-issue-zero/

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The cover of 12 is a m a z e BALLS!! btw, Lu's flying through the air!

Comet Queen looks like she's getting an uppercut from one of Lu.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what's going to happen to Francis Portela? He's been the break-out star of this book IMO. DC have to be thinking of a bigger 'name' title for him.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Much like Lori Morning!

Seriously, her background's being kept mysterious... wasn't there even some line about how even she couldn't remember her childhood? Plus, Brainy is finding her powers potentially useful in rejiggering time travel...

Of course, there is the question is why none of the Legionnaires is saying, "Hey! Wasn't Glorith the name of that chick who turned a bunch of us into toddlers awhile back?" And I suppose you could go with the Legionnaires either assuming the name was a coincidence (Perhaps it's a common name) or some magical interference to help her get a fresh start.

Or perhaps for Glorith, this is pre-splorp?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't dislike Kolins work on some titles (Flash), but his style is not suited for Legion. I hope this time I'm proved wrong.

Here's hoping someone else is chosen as regular artist for the book.

From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It will be interesting to see Kollins on the Legion now. His style has continued to change over the years.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Kollins is the type of artist where the inker can make all the difference. I guess I'll wait and see--not exactly thrilling news but not horrible news either.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the good thing Kolins will bring is a style unlike other Legion artists have brought to the table, so it won't remind you much of this one or that one. And most of what I've seen of Kolins' stuff the past coupla years has been pretty darn good. Don't think he's ever done much work on team books either, so that could be interesting to see.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe he'll get to draw another Bizarro Legion tale!

[Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.