Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Preview for Legion Lost #11 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Preview for Legion Lost #11
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a sneak peak at Legion Lost #11 from ScienceFiction.com: Legion Lost #11 preview

Besides dealing with a severely wounded Timber Wolf, we get a hint at a possible new budding relationship between Timber Wolf and Dawnstar... and I don't think Wildfire is none too happy about it. I'll be interested in seeing how the rest of the issue plays out. I'm praying for some good material here!

From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The preview looks good so far! There's certainly a lot happening in the first three pages, so I'm hoping the rest of the issue will be just as packed.

That's Tellus carrying T-Wolf right? Wonder where Yera and Tyroc went...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

That's Tellus carrying T-Wolf right? Wonder where Yera and Tyroc went...

The cover art shows them facing off against Meta-Marines, so maybe they're playing distraction while Tellus and Gates rushed T-Wolf off for medical treatment.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

There's a lot of movement....finally in the storyline in Legion Lost #11 that was released today. We're either moving towards the conclusion of this title in a few issues or a major shift in things. Thanks to Timber Wolf we see a glimpse of how things might wrap up to send the lost legionnaires home.
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know... every issue is starting to feel like a bunch of legionnaires flailing about to not much end.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Here's an interesting and upbeat review from SciFiPulse.net for Legion Lost #11 Legion Lost #11 review

I'd be interested to hear your take on this issue... that is if anyone has read it out there!

The current poll of top 25 legionnaires backs up the latest sales figures ( June 2012 Actual Sales Figures) that Legion Lost has not been a popular title even among Legion fans. Is it because even the series' most popular of characters (Timber Wolf and Gates) are only liked by less than 50% of Legion fans or is it because the storylines up until now have been rather disappointing?

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I could be as positive as the reviewer. The book has improved a bit since Defalco came on board. The members are showing more personality. Characterization has improved some. Their motivations still elude me. There's nothing in the plots that really grabs me or excites me, though. The transformation of Timber Wolf into a third rate Wolverine knock off is perhaps the most disappointing aspect of this series. That development in and of itself leaves a bad enough taste for the series that not much can be done to redeem it. I'm actually hoping that cancellation is near.

[ July 15, 2012, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that the stories have been disappointing.

Adding Yera's secret mission, with Tellus, Gates and Tyroc also keeping things hidden from the others, really wasn't a good idea, imo.
One of the strongest parts of the Legion's charm, their trust and backing up of each other, is automatically missing because of those plot lines.

Added to the betrayal aspect is Dawnstar deciding to chase Brin.
AND Brin's working on his own, away from the group, and Wildfire insisting on wanting to be the leader, is also disfunctional, I think.

And what's with issue after issue saying how well trained the Legionnaires are?
It really doesn't make sense, especially given how easily they seem to be defeated, how badly they're working with each other.
[shrug]

I really wanted this series to work.
I loved the idea of a spotlight on these characters.
They hardly ever get much story time in the Legion.

But, they feel like guests in their own book.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
New DeFalco interview from Newsarama:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/tom-defalco-legion-lost-0.html

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Very interesting interview. Reading between the lines, with DeFalco saying we're going to start getting answers to a lot of questions, I sense that Legion Lost is moving towards it's conclusion as a series... And I'm really starting to wonder if Timber Wolf will indeed get left behind in the end. I hope that doesn't happen as he is one of my favorite Legionnaires.
Rob-Em
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob-Em   Email Rob-Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I was intrigued by this title when it started. It has a lot of my favorites and it's hard to argue with more Legion. But it hasn't lived up to the promise of dread and danger that Fabian set up. It's been a pretty routine superhero team book with very little of what makes the LSH special. Ultimately, I hope no one stays in the 21st century if this series ends. Why would TPTB think Timber Wolf or Dawnstar could support their own book when this one has such poor sales. And if they're not in their own book, having them as random guests in other books is a waste of good characters.
Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Rob-Em. I'd love to see them all back in the future, where they belong.

Re T-Wolf being central, hmmmm. Could he have hit the nail on the head with his memory of Echo? Maybe he'll figure out how to restore everyone's memories.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wildfire and Dawnstar remaining behind, and joining the Authority, would be strangely appropriate, I think. Wildfire feels kind of Image-y already, and Dawnstar would make an interesting replacement for Swift (who may not exist in the new DCU anyway).

I'm not sure there's any *single* member of the group I'd want to remain behind. Yera would be possible, as the new DCU doesn't have a ton of shapeshifters (Martian Manhunter, the new Beast Boy, etc.) and she could fill that niche. Timber Wolf might be kept behind to attempt to fill the Wolverine-clone-niche.

I don't think Tellus or Tyroc would really work that well as 21st century transplants. Tellus is too heavily invested in 31st century lore (and requires 31st century tech just to survive, let alone communicate!), and, with Thunder, of the Ravagers, the 'black dude with sonic powers' quota is already filled.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
When the Legion is good, Legion World discusses the Legion.

When the Legion is poor, Legion World discusses Legion World.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read 11 last night and enjoyed it well enough; I mean, it's nothing to turn space-cartwheels over but it's got pretty artwork and DeFalco at least managed to insert some 70s-style love triangle angst to perk things up in that area.

We all *MUST* know by now LLOST's days are numbered. I must speak out against leaving ANY OF THEM stranded in the present day. They ALL should get back home home. Although it is likely that Mr. Levitz has no desire to include Gates, Yera --and probably Tellus... in the current LSH book.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.