Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Help Plot a Legion TV Series Pre-Legion

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Plot a Legion TV Series Pre-Legion
Roche Runo
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roche Runo   Email Roche Runo         Edit/Delete Post     
Smallville got it right! That led to me to think how the same format could be used with a Legion series.

What if the three founders were only pretending to first meet and knew about about the plot to assinate Brande.

What if they had worked together on many cases prior to that day.

This could allow more indepth back story on the characters. It would add to the legion history not change it. At least until the Legion is formed.

For example:

Rock Krinn - Fired from the magnoball team for use of nanotechonogy to ampifify his power. His uncle the team manager secretly injected them so the team would win.

One the trip home His star crusier hits the ship with the Ranzz siblings causeing them to fall to the lightning world. His ship is stranded in space and he calls for help!.

Irma and Gim are the ones who respond!

Case one to solve would be finding and captureing the uncle (Who later could be a major villian.

Garth and Ayla (who are still in a coma) Visit the ranzz family! Mekt wake up confused and in a panic. Lets loose his lightning boild killing everyone one in the room. Battle between Rock Imra & Mekt. He Knocks them out.

End of episode one!

Ideas cannot be copyrighted so maybe someone will see our ideas and like them. Maybe use the name of the idea creatoer on a character.

Have fun.

[ July 26, 2012, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Roche Runo ]

From: Saskatoon, Canada | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
While I'm not sure I like the idea of the three Founders having adventures together pre-Brande-saving, it's entirely possible, perhaps even *likely*, that each of the three of them had at least one 'adventure' before getting on that ship.

Imra might have solved some crimes or something on Titan, while Garth (and Ayla? perhaps even pre-crazyflakes Mekt?) might have used his lightning powers during some disaster / etc. on Winath, and sports-star Rokk might have used his better-than-average magnokinetic skills to do something cool and quasi-heroic on Braal (perhaps leading him to the notion that he could do more with his abilities than win trophies and endorse athletic equipment...).

Indeed, Tinya, Lu, Gim, Jo, etc. might have all been (independently!) involved in various adventures before traveling to Earth to sign up for the Legion!

Interesting notion!

An Image/'90's tweak on your idea could have the three founders (and some other teens, some of whom might die / vanish / go bad in the introduction story, allowing this backstory to provide some plot seeds and intro some characters that might show up in surprising roles much later...) might be covertly recruited because of their above-average powers for their respective races (or, in Garth's case, having powers at all...) to form some sort of UP sponsored 'Young Heroes' team that works for the SP, only to have their first mission go terribly awry, and the government sweep the whole thing under the rug, burying any reports of this embarassment. On the way home, the three dejected survivors of this failed experiment bump into RJ Brande, and save him from assassins, and he decides to put his cash into the project that the government abandoned, and make a more public civilian super-team, instead of a government-sponsored / red-tape strangled / covert ops entangled team.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Set, while YOUR ideas are (as always) quite interesting, and also completely plausible in the Legion universe, I think you've missed the point.

It's a TV Elseworld. The fun here is thinking of all the gratuitous and mostly unnecessary changes TV makes to the source material. And then what happens when they're stuck with the concept of "before they formed the Legion" but nevertheless have 10 seasons to fill when the show unexpectedly survives!

It's all about how the founders met not only each other, but virtually the entire Legion and half the villains by the end of the series (because everyone finds SOME reason to come to Earth). And how they keep finding reasons NOT to form a group, yet fighting all sorts of menaces and disasters, all without Brande's money or a recognizable HQ, and in civilian clothes!

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roche Runo
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roche Runo   Email Roche Runo         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the plot ideas.

Set: the first part of your ideas would make great spotlight issues of comics to go along with the TV Show if it was hit.

The second part is fantastic for future episodes.
Because they are younger, this is perfect.

And what a great name for the show! Young Heros!

Shining Son: You got it spot on! I dont think it would have to be 10 years. Maybe 5 then they meet Brande. With the next 5 years adventures with the legion itself and the big baddies.

I had this thought! What if Mcauley hires them in year two to take out the crime bosses and the reason why he is angry is that Brande took them away from him.

What if Imra hides her power because the science police wont hire mindreaders. She gets Rock and garth to help her solve the crimes that she is not supposed to know about.

They are contacted by brainy to quell another uprising on Colu and later it is brainy who install a computer in the first no legion clubhouse. When the the brand legion forms they recruit him

[ July 26, 2012, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Roche Runo ]

From: Saskatoon, Canada | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Both Brainy & Lyle would be rife with story potential for something like this!

*Brainy's pre-Legion work on time travel and the political ramifications.

*Lyle's black ops / espionage work for Earthgov & the UP, and the political ramifications of that.

I also wonder if it would be cooler to have the three founders not actually meet for the duration of the show. They all have three different larger story arcs and interact with the various other characters: so Cos meets Brainy and then later Imra meets Brainy but Imra & Cos never meet.

Garth's big arc in the beginning could include Mekt & Ayla before he leaves Winath. Crossing paths with Jo seems natural.

As Set mentioned, Imra & Gim meeting is a natural too.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun concept, Roche. I saw a photo of a Legion fan's blonde daughter with a model of the Legion clubhouse she had made, and my first reaction was, Young Saturn Girl! Maybe young Imra had met Garth and Rokk at some point when they were about 10... and you've got sort of a L'il Legion, but old enough for the kids to really do stuff on their own.

If they were to be that young, I'd have the parents of future Legionnaires connected in some manner, and that's how the kids get together - maybe they meet at a holiday resort on Ventura, which must be brimming with criminals.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've had thoughts along these lines connected with The Super-Sexy Adventurers of the 2940s!

I love the idea of a lot of the early Legionnaires already being established heroes before they join the team, so it seems natural that at least some of them would team-up from time to time before the organization forms.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, pre-Legion Invisible Lyle covert ops / anti-espionage adventures! Definitely something that could be explored, and Gim and Imra's SP-in-training ties are a cool fit. Cool stuff, Cobie!

Thanks to the covert nature of some of their earlier work, it's possible that Saturn Girl might have been tasked to 'cover up' some classified missions, and that some of the pre-Legion Legionnaires might not remember their pre-Legion adventures!

I had a similar idea for Mon-El, some time back. We already know he's been 'decanted' from the Zone from time to time (such as his replacing Superman a few years back) and then stuck back in the Zone afterwards, and that he didn't necessarily spend the *entire* 1000 years consecutively stuck in the Zone. It would be intriguing to find out that he's been in and out of the Zone more than a dozen times, sometimes for as long as *decades,* serving as a hero (and perhaps as a villain?) during the last ten centuries! Thanks to mental tampering, he remembers none of this, only having a hazy sort of recollection of 'being stuck in the Zone for a thousand years.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It would also make sense that the founders and other early Legionnaires would contact heroes they were acquainted with when they actual DID form the Legion!

Perhaps Jo could meet up with Imra/Gim, the young thug running afoul of the law.

Tinya comes from a rich background, maybe she met Dirk one time (if we go with the realities where her mom was a UP ambassador).

Maybe the Planetary Champions attended some sort of conference together (I'm looking at Postboot Violet, Tasmia, Nura (?), Thom, Zoe).

The Preboot had a lot of Earth natives, so maybe Gim, Chuck, Dirk, Drake and Lyle foiled a robbery or helped out in a disaster relief program or something.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

If you blend realities, a lot of the Legionnaires have politico parents. Imra and Tinya might know each other if their moms are both UP ambassadors, plus Jeckie, Gim, and Reep potentially.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Thanks to the covert nature of some of their earlier work, it's possible that Saturn Girl might have been tasked to 'cover up' some classified missions, and that some of the pre-Legion Legionnaires might not remember their pre-Legion adventures!

That's just something they'll throw into the last episode, like Bail Organa's throwaway line "Oh and mindwipe the protocol droid."

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I had a similar idea for Mon-El, some time back. We already know he's been 'decanted' from the Zone from time to time (such as his replacing Superman a few years back) and then stuck back in the Zone afterwards, and that he didn't necessarily spend the *entire* 1000 years consecutively stuck in the Zone. It would be intriguing to find out that he's been in and out of the Zone more than a dozen times, sometimes for as long as *decades,* serving as a hero (and perhaps as a villain?) during the last ten centuries! Thanks to mental tampering, he remembers none of this, only having a hazy sort of recollection of 'being stuck in the Zone for a thousand years.'

You don't really need additional mental tampering, the lead poisoning and endless boredom and quasii-sensory deprivation would explain memory lapses well enough. Probably shouldn't have Phantom Zoners have perfect memories in the first place.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, Mon being released from the Phantom Zone to save Carrgg from invasion in like the 25th Century could lead to a statue of him being put up once he returned to the Zone, and even a psuedo-religion forming around the events once it slipped into legend.

It's a way to have our cake and eat it too by having both Mon-El as he was pre-TMK, and the legend of Valor.

Plus, by that logic, he could have adventures with both Tommy Tomorrow, Space Ranger and Star Hawkins! The Tommy Tomorrow fanclub (Eryk, FC and me) would be so happy!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, I've been thinking for awhile that a brief career as Valor pre-crashing on Krypton, followed by the ocassional release from the Phantom Zone during the thousand year imprisonment to reinforce the idea of him as returning in the hour of need would be a cool way of fitting the Valor stuff into continuity.
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Recent stories have showed Legionnaires hanging around before they actually joined, particularly Brainiac 5. If you're going to go Smallville-style I'd expect this would be extended so that pretty much every member is hanging around the clubhouse before the Legion was actually formed.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roche Runo
Applicant

I think the three founders would be needed as the commom thread throughout the episodes, but of course they need not be in every scene.

I also think the ages might need to be set at late teens (IE: Smallville had Clark be 16. Too young and adult audiences would not watch.

I was at work on day and overheard two mid-50s ladies talking about Smallvile and how they loved it.

More great ideas from the posters.

And some more of mine!

the Rock/Imra romance leading to the first fight between Rock and Garth.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.