Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Pick a Legionnaire!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pick a Legionnaire!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Various questions asking you to pick among Legionnaires and other Legion characters.

Q1: Who would you have picked as the cast of Legion Lost (Postboot)?

Q2: Who would you have picked as the cast of Legion Lost (current Retroboot series)?

Q3: Which 2 supporting cast members would you have picked to be stranded with Team 20 (Postboot)?

Q4: If you were Universo, which 4 most dangerous Legionnaires would you have imprisoned during the Universo Project?

Q5: Which 4 Academy students would you have promoted to the main team (among the ones shown in the Retroboot so far + others who we know never joined the Legion in this Retroboot)?

Q6: Which of the Mordru Task Force members (Postboot) would you have invited to join the Legion?

and for the next Qs, if you had to choose:

Q7: Which 5 Years Later/TMK Legionnaires should be reintroduced as Legionnaires in the current series?

Q8: Which 5 year-Gap Legionnaires should be reintroduced as Legionnaires in the current series?

Q9: Which deceased Legionnaires should be resurrected and added to the current team?

Q10: Which Substitute heroes should be invited to the current team?

Q11: Which Postboot Legionnaires would you have "saved" during Legion of 3 Worlds and transferred to the current team?

Q12: Which Threeboot Legionnaire would you have "saved" during Legion of 3 Worlds and transferred to the current team?

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

So I just realized I made a mistake with Q1. I should have added Wildfire as a choice (D'oh!). Oh well, let's just assume Wildfire and Shikari are givens to the cast [Razz]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Interesting results so far!

For Postboot Legion Lost, Live Wire and Kinetix (!) are tied in the lead, but several others are just one vote behind. Nobody wants Cos, M'Onel, Sensor or Thunder to get Lost.

For the current Lost, Shrinking Violet and Tyroc are in the lead.

The most dangerous Legionnaires for Universo to imprison are Brainy, Imra, and Dreamy. Cham is tied with Mysa though.

Nightwind and Computo are currently at 100% for Q8 and Q5, respectively. Infectious Lass is also in the lead for Q10 (big surprise!).

And if voters here had their say, Monstress wouldn't have been the newest Legionnaire after Mordru.

--------------------

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Q1: Because my aim here would have been to mimic the "lost" cast of Adventure Comics #380, I would have found. Way to add, in addition to the nine characters I chose, Chuck Taine, Dirk Morgna and Dreamer.

Q2: Here I would have chosen a cast known primarily for being reservists. So, in addition to Tyroc and Quislet, I would have added Bouncing Boy and Duplicate Girl, hooked them up with the New 52 version of Pete Ross, and figured out how to create New 52 versions of Elastic Lad and Insect Queen, as well as New 52 undead versions of Kid Psycho and Rond Vidar.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts on the Lost selections was to pick Legionnaires who would be able to work and move among the 21st century population, and who don't, IMO, get enough exposure in the 31st century team and could benefit from a little more concentrated exposure.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

My own thoughts on Legion Lost (Postboot) were to pick the Legionnaires I felt would be most interesting to read about in the "Lost" setting (and who, at that point in time, needed more exposure). I actually ended up picking almost everyone whow as in the actual "Lost" team because they worked so well together, and added a handful of others. I think only Element Lad

Same for Legion Lost (current series).

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightwind and Infectious Lass are sure popular, though that doesn't really surprise me...a lot of the other Subs don't seem to be getting much love, but I wonder if that's because people think of the original Subs working best as a group and find it hard to pick a favourite? I chose Chlor over the others because I dig his powers the most, but it wasn't an easy decision...

Interesting to see how people voted on the Universo Project one...speaking for myself, I picked the four that Levitz used because I really don't think anybody else could have surpassed their role in that story arc.

For the Legion Lost ones, I tried to go with who would make for interesting interactions and who would be most interesting to read about in those two environments (eg: I picked Quislet for the current LL team because for one thing I think he would add a touch of levity that is missing from the team, but also because I think he would have a very interesting perspective on being lost in time when he is a stranger to the Legion's home reality anyway)...I found that the team I picked for the first LL team was very similar to the ones who were trapped in the 21st century following the Emerald Eye storyline, which surprised me..

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I think Chlorophyll Kid tends to be more popular than Fire Lad and Stone Boy since his powers are more unique.

Re Universo, I also picked the same four. It's interesting that people find Cham by far the least dangerous of the four.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Summary of results -

Question 1 - Cast of Postboot Legion Lost

So I messed up the poll, and forgot to include Wildfire and Shikari as options. Er, let's just pretend that those two are givens based on their role in the story, then [Razz]

If we just take the top 10 from the poll choices, we get:

Kid Quantum II 13
Saturn Girl 12
Monstress 12
Live Wire 11
Brainiac 5 11
Triad 10
Invisible Kid 10
Kinetix 10
XS 9
Umbra 9

With a three-way tie for the next two slots:

Element Lad 8
Ultra Boy 8
Karate Kid 8

Chameleon 7
Star Boy 7
Gates 7
Apparition 5
Spark 5
Ferro 5
Thunder 5
Cosmic Boy 4
Violet 3
M'Onel 2
Sensor 2

Interesting. Of the top choices, the vast majority were really cast in Legion Lost. Triad, Kinetix, Invisible Kid and XS, plus Karate Kid (!) weren't.

I'm pleasantly surprised, because from experience I know a lot of people here dislike Kinetix. I guess she's a polarizing force - a lot of people hate here, but a lot of people love her, too. As for Karate Kid, I'd never known the Postboot version to be very popular.

Of the actual Legion Lost cast, Chameleon and Apparition (depends how you count her), plus Ultra Boy and Element Lad rank lowest.

A little bit surprised to see Gates miss the mark. Maybe recent portrayals have dimmed his luster. And Thunder (who I agree was sorely underused) beats Cos, Violet and M'Onel (and Sensor, unsurprisingly) for a slot!

Question 2 - Legion Lost cast, current series

It occurs to me that different posters could have approached this differently. Maybe some (like Set and razsolo) want to create an interesting cast to read and are also concerned with practicality (i.e. which ones can blend in), while others just want to ditch some Legionnaires since at this point we're not 100% certain they'll rejoin the main team.

Also adding Portfolio Boy's very interesting lineup:

quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Q2: Here I would have chosen a cast known primarily for being reservists. So, in addition to Tyroc and Quislet, I would have added Bouncing Boy and Duplicate Girl, hooked them up with the New 52 version of Pete Ross, and figured out how to create New 52 versions of Elastic Lad and Insect Queen, as well as New 52 undead versions of Kid Psycho and Rond Vidar.

Results (note: choices only included Legionnaires known to be active at the time Legion Lost began):

Dawnstar 12
Wildfire 10
Tellus 10
Tyroc 9
Quislet 8
Chameleon Girl 8

Cosmic Boy 7
Phantom Girl 7
Timber Wolf 7
Gates 7

Colossal Boy 5
Lightning Lass 5
Shrinking Violet 4
Invisible Kid II 4
Chameleon Boy 3
Mon-El 3
Shadow Lass 3
Ultra Boy 2
Star Boy 2
Sun Boy 2
Polar Boy 2
Other 2
Brainiac 5 1
Dream Girl 1
Element Lad 0

Four-way tie for the last slot! Interesting that Quislet sneaks into the a tie for 5th place, while Brin and Gates must slug it out with Cos and Tinya. Did Cos and Tinya get ranked high because other versions were known 21st century history buffs?

On the other end of the scale, Element Lad, Dream Girl and Brainiac 5 got the lowest votes. Are people sick of them, or maybe they're thought of as too essential for the main team to lose, or maybe their powers would make it to easy for the Lost team to get back home?

Q3: Which Supporting Cast members would you have stranded alongside Postboot Team 30?

Inferno 6
Shvaughn Erin 5
Spider-Girl 5
Chuck Taine 4
Evolvo 3
Dirk Morgna 3
An Athramite 2
Dr. Gym'll 2
Marla Latham 2
RJ Brande 2
Tenzil Kem 2
Gigi Cusimano 1
Karate Kid 1
Lori Morning 1
Rond Vidar 1

Inferno and Shvaughn acquitted themselves enough to earn top spots, although Spider-Girl is giving them a run for their money (and adding Sussa to the Jo-Tinya drama would have been fun!)

Chuck is more popular than Tenzil, and would have been 4th. Hey, with Triad also trapped later on, it would have been interesting...

Q4 - Who would you have imprisoned during the Universo Project?

Saturn Girl 17
Brainiac 5 17
Dream Girl 14
Chameleon Boy 7

Cosmic Boy 3
Sensor Girl 3
White Witch 3
Phantom Girl 2
Sun Boy 2
Element Lad 2
Colossal Boy 1
Ultra Boy 1
Star Boy 1
Bouncing Boy 1
Timber Wolf 1
Dawnstar 1
Invisible Kid II 1
Tellus 1
Lightning Lad 0
Duo Damsel 0
Shrinking Violet 0
Mon-El 0
Lightning Lass 0
Shadow Lass 0
Wildfire 0
Blok 0
Polar Boy 0
Quislet 0
Magnetic Kid 0
Other 0

We'd still have ended up with the four Legionnaires whom Universo originally imprisoned.

Not too surprised to find Sensor Girl and the White Witch, whose powers would have given them a shot at breaking through Universo's hypnosis, up there. Sun Boy's interesting; maybe because he's also known to be quite intelligent. Did Cosmic Boy gets 3 votes because he's one of the Legion's greatest leaders? Tinya and Jan make sense, their powers could have allowed them to escape. I AM a bit surprised to see Tellus so low, considering he's also a telepath.

[ September 02, 2012, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Question 5 - Which Threeboot Legionnaire to add?

Theena 5
Sizzle 5
Dream Boy 5

Gazelle 3
Turtle 2

3-way tie! Wow, I didn't know Dream Boy had so many fans. I knew Theena and Sizzle were cult favorites, but not Dream Boy. (I picked Theena myself, but I guess Sizzle would be more useful in combat, plus the current Jeckie at least seems powerful enough to do what Theena could do).

Question 6 - Which Academy students should have made it?

Nightwind 14
Power Boy 10
Gravity Kid 8
Lamprey 7
Chemical Kid 7

Crystal Kid 5
Comet Queen 5
Dragonwing 5
Glorith 5
Variable Lad 4
Shadow Kid 3
Mentalla 2
Visi-Lad 2
Mandalla 1
Westerner 1

Unsurprisingly, Nightwind takes top spot. I think it's a combination of her look and her powers. Besides, for the longest time the Legion didn't really have anyone with wind/TK type powers (I really don't count Light Lass there. Hey, she and Nightwind would have made a great team!)

Power Boy impressed enough to take 2nd spot, and Gravity Kid leapfrogs over the others to take 3rd (Lamprey and Crystal Kid were leading for a while there). I wonder how many of the votes were cause Gravity Kid was a good choice, and how many were so Power Boy wouldn't get lonely?

Not too surprised that Chemical Kid ties with Lamprey for 4th. Lamprey has always been more popular than Crystal Kid despite her seeming limitations, while Chemical Kid is probably the most powerful of the new kids except Glorith, who has done precious little in the past few issues. Harmonia MAY be more powerful, but the way she was introduced didn't do her any favors.

Question 7 - Mordru Task Force members

Kid Quantum II 10
Lady Mysa 9

Sister Andromeda 6
Dragonmage 5
Particon 3
Radion 2
Monstress 2

Kid Q II and Mysa were arguably the two most powerful on the list, and they definitely added something new to the Legion. Monstress is way down on the list, and I'm not really surprised - M'Onel and Ultra Boy likely outclassed her in power and she didn't have any unique powers.

Question 8 - 5YL/TMK Legionnaires to be reintroduced.

Computo 12
Impulse (Kent Shakespeare) 8
Devlin O'Ryan (Reflex) 7
Dragonmage 7

Kono 6
Celeste McCauley (Neon) 5
Veilmist 5
Kid Quantum 2
Catspaw 1
Spider-Girl 1
Firefist 0
Blood Claw 0
Flederweb 0

If we had our way, Computo, Kent, and Devlin and Dragonmage (tie) would be back. Not surprised that ultra-competent Computo got the most votes.

And although I'm sure TMK Spider-Girl was well-liked, I wouldn't pick her as a Legionnaire either. She's just not powerful enough.

Question 9 - 5 Year Gap Legionnaires

Infectious Lass 13
Nightwind 10
Echo 7

Chlorophyll Kid 5
Crystal Kid 4
Reflecto 4
Atmos 3
Fire Lad 3
Karate Kid II 2
Stone Boy 2
Calamity King 2
Visi-Lad 1
Purcupine Pete 0
Color Kid 0
Storm Boy 0

All long-range fighters! Not surprised that Drura and Berta took the top 2, but I am pleasantly surprised that Echo is 3rd. I guess his powers are interesting enough (though they duplicate Tyroc's now).

Not too surprised that Cholorphyll Kid ranks highest among the other subs. I did think Color Kid would do better than he did, since he seems to have quite a following here.

Question 10 - Resurrect a dead Legionnaire

Invisible Kid I 8
Karate Kid 5
Chemical King 4
Ferro Lad 3
Magnetic Kid 0

Have to say I'm not surprised, but I heartily disagree. We already have a perfectly good Invisible Kid II on the team. I'd much rather bring back Chemical King and boot Chemical Kid out, or bring back Karate Kid for his combat skills.

Poor Magnetic Kid is at the bottom of the list, alas.

Question 11 - Which Subs to promote?

Infectious Lass 15
Rainbow Girl 9

Chlorophyll Kid 5
Fire Lad 3
Color Kid 2
Stone Boy 1
Porcupine Pete 1
Antennae Lad 0
Double-Header 0

Alas, poor Subs. Drura and Rainbow Girl beat all the originals. Hardly surprising. Rainbow Girl has a nice look and interesting powers.

I wonder how the results would change if Polar Boy and Night Girl were choices?

Question 12 - Postboot Legionnaires to cross over

Kinetix 11
XS 9
Gates 9

Andromeda 7
Kid Quantum II 6
Gear 5
Shikari 4
Monstress 4
Thunder 3
Inferno 1
Sensor 1
Magno 0

I'm hardly surprised at the top 3, but I AM surprised at the order. Wow, Kinetix is now top of the heap! Usually Gates and XS beat her, though I guess XS' recent portrayals and lack of use have hurt her. And, from the discussions on Legion Lost I know some of us are getting tired of Gates. Hey Paul, hear that? Bring Kinetix back!!

A bit surprised that Andromeda ranks higher than Kid Quantum II, but they are close and Andromeda IS mega-powerful and likable (well, TMK and SW6 versions were). Pleasantly surprised to see lots of Gear love, too.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.