Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH 12 Preview (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LSH 12 Preview
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Scroll to the bottom for the preview pages http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/162022-knowing-who-your-friends-are-exclusive-preview-of-lsh-12

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Now this is more like it!

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Always bet on Nura Nal. That cover is still ... ridiculously awesome!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
This whole storyline has been like Nura Nal Is Awesome week! I approve!! [Big Grin]

I also wonder if maybe Paul's trying to sell her and Brainy on becoming the new leadership pair? They have been consistently together for ages now and they bounce off each other well...Dreamy seems to be the only mildly humanizing influence Brainy's had since his Johns-mandated personality overhaul...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
In Paul's stories, B5 always had a grudging admiration for Dreamy's brain, and she enjoyed flirting with him. Perhaps the popularity of the Brainy-Dreamy romance in the 3boot encouraged him to focus on the two of them. They really do make an interesting couple; it doesn't have to be a romantic liason, just very complementary teammates.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, lot's of fighting this issue. The "ragtag band" acquit themselves fairly well before Mon-el and Ultra Boy show up to save the day. The genetically modified Daxamite/Dominator cross was pretty much a yawn, as was this arc as a whole.

Not anything bad, but I'm sure hoping space pirates and the Fatal Five pick up my interest in this series.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
The conclusion felt rushed a bit. Perhaps Levitz had to end the storyline sooner for the big #0 issue event, but I was waiting for a bigger battle scene to unfold. I didn't like how Bouncing Boy was able to take down all of the Daxam/Dominator eggs so easily. They could have posed a very serious threat. I wish a few more had hatched first. Other than that, this was a fairly decent issue. It is interesting to see how severly injured Star Boy actually is in this issue.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brody27
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brody27           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! This was one of the best issues in a long time. A lot of elements that make the Legion special were present--teamwork among members without spectacular powers, the surprise cameo appearance of a favorite member (although she would have been more effective in her original identity instead of the silly one), good villains with a plausible plot and good characterizations. I especially liked seeing Duplicate Damsel and Bouncing Boy portrayed as competent superheroes, Mon-el's politicking and Dream Girl's strength. One small quibble--I prefer when the characters refer to each other by their code names instead of their first names. Great issue!
From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Any issue that features Dream Girl, Star Boy, Bouncing Boy and Duplicate Damsel in such a positive light can only be a good thing. I really wish Levitz would write Nura in as team leader again.

It's also nice to see Mon-El portrayed in a postive light with the respect he got from Otaki.

And I do hope that we see repurcussions in the UP from the Dominators actions. And maybe this Daxamite/ Dominator hybrid just might pop up again?

And yeah, it was great seeing my favorite Legionnaire in a cameo.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Projectra appearing as "Sensor Girl" made absolutely no sense at all, especially since she's busy being Queen. And I'm not sure if I was on the council that having someone whose basic ability is to create illusions showing me what was supposedly going on on the Dominion homeworld would really qualify as evidence. And finally, it was bizarre that the Legion was supposedly waiting for authorization from the UP council, but the council still doesn't actually give them authorization, but Mon-El apparently decides at that point they can go anyway?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brody27
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brody27           Edit/Delete Post     
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
[QB] Any issue that features Dream Girl, Star Boy, Bouncing Boy and Duplicate Damsel in such a positive light can only be a good thing. I really wish Levitz would write Nura in as team leader again.

I agree about Dream Girl as Leader. In the history of the Legion, there have been four especially effective, natural leaders; Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Mon-el and Dream Girl.

From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Has been good to see Jeckie still in this horrible mask. Since almost for two years we did not have news of her.
The actions of Luornu and Chuck have been fabulous. I wait to see them in the active group, or less to Duplicate Damsel.
I was thinking that a great group of legionnaires would be going to save his companions, not only Mon El and Ultra Boy.
Only I hope that Projectra, Imra and Garth come back soon.
And for me, the one that can go not be returned is Ayla. I'm a Garth Fan.
And kill Comet Queen, Dragonwind and Glorith!

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
SOOOOOOOO SICK OF BRAINY!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
This was an interesting issue; lots of good action involving Chuck, Lu and Nura; The appearance of Jeckie was great too - even if she was wearing the ugliest mask in comicdoms history - and it's nice to be reminder how awesomely powerful she is - able to sense what is happening on the Dominion world while project illusions to another, though did she show them Brainy and Nuras escape attempt from last issue?; Otaki seems interesting though personally I'd like to know exactly what 'mind sense' really is; the art was delicious in parts and passable in others, and; my favourite thing was the absolutely stunning use of colour! Wow!

Things that didn't work for me were; Chuck being able to knock down the dominion Tree - not sure he's ever been shown to be that tough; Mwindaji's costume - omg it's ugly!; the dominion daxamite gene spliced monster was just a muscly guy with bad teeth - I was hoping for something more alien and monstrous; the lack of other Legionnaires - come on, a couple of them had been kidnapped and they weren't all saying anything about it? That doesn't ring true - Cos wouldn't have been the only one asking Mon what was happening surely?; the ending seemed a bit abrupt and didn't really let us know what was going on - did Mon and Jo just smash things up a bit then leave with the others? Did they destroy the Daxam Dominion gene matrix so others couldn't be bred? Did they have a word with Dominus Rex and say "do that again and we'll melt you down for soap"?

Overall it was perhaps the best issue in a while (and it hasn't been bad lately) though it wasn't as good as the latest Stormwatch.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by imskian78:
SOOOOOOOO SICK OF BRAINY!

Have to agree, it's time for us to see more of Jacques, Vi, Alya, etc and where is Quislet?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.