Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Horace Spiffany seems like a nice chap...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horace Spiffany seems like a nice chap...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
At least, he says pretty nice things about R.J. Brande:

"When you deal with R.J. Brande, you immediately know the man would have been a huge success at whatever he tried... The right person at the right time? Hell, he's the right person at any time!"

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
His father Corneilius Spiffany, not so much: "I can hire one half of the Braalian working class to kill the other half."
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Grandpa Leonidas Spiffany, however, was noted for his vast contributions to charity. That children's hospital on Quarantine would never have gotten built if it weren't for him, what with the U.P. diverting health care spending to increase resources for the border war with the Dominion!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Interestingly, Leopold McCauley III spoke very ill of Leonidas Spiffany.

For example: "My name has been associated with that of Mr. Leonidas Spiffany and others in connection with the speculation of Venturian Walking Money, and gross injustice has been done me thereby. You have my authority for stating that I consider Mr. Spiffany a damned space-villain."

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Wasn't it Leopold McCauley III whom Arthur Travich memorably described as being "like a polecat crossed with a maw, only smellier and less temperate"?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Travich was a bitter grouch after Cornelia Spiffany divorced him (and her lawyers got most of his money).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Ah, yes. The famous Xanthuan law firm of Pyponte, Le Parc, and Ah really made their name in that case.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.