Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Baltimore Comic-Con 2012: Who's Going?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baltimore Comic-Con 2012: Who's Going?
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Baltimore's Comic Con is this weekend. I can't make the Sunday events but I will try my darndest to be there on Saturday. Along with the usual vendors with back issues I need to get and the creative artists I'll try to meet, there will be a panel discussion featuring Paul Levitz, so there should be some good Legion stuff there as well.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... I had a really good time at this last year, and it's a fairly short drive (and really inexpensive).

Hmmm... checks weather. Y'know, I think I just might!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to seeing you again, Exnihil! I will definitely be at the Paul Levitz panel discussion on Saturday.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Cool beans. Yeah, I decided I'm going to go tomorrow. I've been sort of conned-out for a little bit, but the Baltimore one is very chill and I really like how many back-issue vendors there were last year.

I'll be at the Levitz panel, as well, Kid Q. Hope to see you there. I don't know if you remember what I look like, but I'll be sporting a NY Yankees cap.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

I kept an eye out for you, Kid Q, but didn't see you at the Levitz panel. Sorry I missed you.

Nevertheless, good times. Same as last year, the back issue vendors were out in force. Baltimore really is a buyers market. I was able to fill in so many holes in my collection for next to nothing.

I got all the remaining issues of Superboy that had Legion stories (prior to the title change), The Brave and the Bold issues that featured both the Legion and also Karate Kid, a couple late run Silver Age Adventure issues and the total score of the weekend, the Superboy issue with the first appearance of Ultra Boy... all for under $25!

The Levitz panel was very chill and intimate, about 50 people or so (one of whom was Mark Waid, just chilling in the front row of the audience). It wasn't very Legion-centric, more just Paul reminiscing about his entire career, with some nice behind the scenes anecdotes about DC's history.

At one point he was speaking about a pretty intriguing editorial "path not taken" when Julius Schwartz assumed editorship of the Superman family of books. He was saying that had Julie instead opted to take on the Batman titles (which apparently was more his personal favorite) then Paul would have become the editor for Superman. That really excites me in a "retro-active history" sort of way to imagine a more tightly knit connection between Superman and the Legion throughout the early 80's.

In any case, cool day trip and one I'd recommend to anyone who enjoys back issue hunting.

--------------------

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Hello Ex!

My apologies - I did not make the Con. I was 20 feet from the car when my weekend went totally craptacular. Needless to say, I never made it. For some reason, something ALWAYS happens on this weekend for me, and I've only made it twice in the past five years even though I plan on going every time. Glad you had a good time, though, and I will plan (again) on being there next year.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.