Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion #0 Preview (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion #0 Preview
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
From DC Collectors:
http://www.dccollectors.com/2012/09/comics-preview-legion-of-super-heroes-0/
Brainy's story (again) but which future member of the Fatal Five is apparently along for the ride?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the pencils and coloring!

The Legion titles have been blessed with some great art since the Retroboot began. Just a shame that the writing has been so lackluster (at times) IMO.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The thread about 'stuff we've already seen enough of' in the Legion (Dominators attempt to steal human genetic powers, Fatal Five reunited, etc.) I was just thinking '20th century villains show up in 30th century' (Darkseid, R'as al Ghul), and thinking that 'at least they haven't brought Brainiac into the future yet'...

And now, Tharok's shiny new origin is as a random scavenger who got possessed by bits of the Brainaic code?

Le sigh.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
But the legionnaires boys looks like they are in the 30's years.(Not teenagers)

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
J'adore the art!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The thread about 'stuff we've already seen enough of' in the Legion (Dominators attempt to steal human genetic powers, Fatal Five reunited, etc.) I was just thinking '20th century villains show up in 30th century' (Darkseid, R'as al Ghul), and thinking that 'at least they haven't brought Brainiac into the future yet'...

And now, Tharok's shiny new origin is as a random scavenger who got possessed by bits of the Brainaic code?

Le sigh.

Actually that sounds interesting to me, and it's not Brainiac himself after all. But that's easy to say when I'm not actually reading the stories.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Le sigh.

Actually that sounds interesting to me, and it's not Brainiac himself after all. But that's easy to say when I'm not actually reading the stories.
I'm sceptical but I guess it's part of elevating Brainiac into a primary shaper of the Universe with Superman being the primary opposition. Not sure how Darkseid fits into all that though.

A Legion art panel of Braniac playing chess with Time Trapper is one of my all-time favorites. Can't exactly remember the issue or storyline though.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
[Quote]A Legion art panel of Braniac playing chess with Time Trapper is one of my all-time favorites. Can't exactly remember the issue or storyline though.[\Quote]

it was Legionnaires 3 #1

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF BRAINY! YAWN! AND THIS BOOK...................GOING NOWHERE
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I have mixed feelings about LSH #0. The Lightle cover is nice. One's appreciation for Kolins' interior work will come down to a matter of taste, I suppose. It's certainly a clean style with some interesting angles and perspectives. Some of the facial expressions seem over the top and forced. I missed the rich coloring of recent issues. Most disappointing, was that Colu wasn't given a distinctive feel.

The best thing about the issue was the characterization of the Legionnaires. There was a real buddy feel to Rokk's and Garth's interactions. Their high five on page three was worth the price of admission, and Kolins execution of that small panel was pitch perfect. Levitz continues to present us with the warm and optimistic Tinya from Secret Origins. She's very likable.

I assumed this issue would give us a better feel for Brainiac 5's backstory. We got a bit of that, but not nearly enough. The character is now tied - at some level - to Morrison's Brainiac from the New 52 Action. Okay. We got more questions than answers on that front, though. Brainiac 5's motivations were left up in the air. Tharok's inclusion seemed out of place. I would like to assume that we'll get some answers in the upcoming Fatal Five story. Given all the balls that Levitz has in the air right now, and his recent seeming inability to wrap things up, I can't say that I'm optimistic that the answers will come.

[ September 19, 2012, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
*grumble*

The "Who's Who in the New 52" page near the end of #0 oddly lists only 14 members of the Legion of Super-Heroes:
Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Dream Girl, Chemical Kid, Ultra Boy, Phantom Girl, Chameleon Boy, Dragonwing, Colossal Boy, Comet Queen, Star Boy, Element Lad, Sun Boy.

But a small pic on the page also shows Glorith, Shadow Lass, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet, Polar Boy, and Invisible Kid.

The "History" paragraph mentions a team "recently dispatched to the 21st century...."

No evidence of Lightning Lad (who has a major role in this issue), Lightning Lass, or Harmonia.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
We need more hands on in the editing department. Again. Still.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't believe that so many Legionnaires were left off the bio page. Who edits these things. Also there was a missed opportunity not listing the names of the 7 Legion Lost members. Last I knew they were still part of the team...even if they are missing!! It would have been a great way to tie the two books together for fans who may not currently read them both.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
DC hasn't been very good at this, historically. The old DC website used to have character bios on the page; their Legion section left out Kinetix, Violet and Star Boy even though those three had bio pages in LSH Secret Files 1 - from which the OTHER Legionnaire bios were lifted.

The 2004 DC Comics Encyclopedia also listed several non-members as Legionnaires - Shvaughn Erin, Radion and Particon were never members in any reality, while Mysa and Dragonmage were members Preboot but not Postboot. Inferno (Sandy Anderson) was also never confirmed a member, and the character herself stated she wasn't when she left the team in LSH 97!

Sloppy editing, DC. Very sloppy.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
You'd think they'd call in one of their thousands of fans who live in NYC to just give these things a quick looksee.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.